my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » World Cup Thread (Page 7)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Author Topic: World Cup Thread
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted July 06, 2006 17:54     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Obviosly we didnt watch the same game.
We lost(predictable) but France just won with the help of a more then dubious referee. 1-0 penalty oh what a big win!yeah

You brits still pissed LOL
who the hell is that rookey guy? never heard about it.
more crouch: http://futebolez.blogs.sapo.pt/57499.html

go Italy
forza azzurri

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 06, 2006 23:30     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey people, check it out:

Fat Ronaldo's World Cup Dash

Brazil's soccer team has lost to France, and the country blames poor pudgy Ronaldo. But they're giving him one more chance to redeem himself. Help Ronaldo get the soccer ball back to the goal before Argentinan captain Crespo steals it away. Ronaldo will be tempted by junk food along the way, and if he pauses for a snack, it'll slow him down. Fortunately, there are golden sneakers available to help Ronaldo speed up a little. Be sure not to jump over the ball or Crespo will win.

Controls: Up arrow to jump, down arrow to duck. Be sure not to miss the soccer ball, or Argentina wins!

Help Fat Ronaldo Score!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 06, 2006 23:53     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this dude looks out of place on a soccer field. He belongs here.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted July 07, 2006 05:09     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We did it !
France is in the final !

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted July 07, 2006 07:30     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nunzfromzhellz:
........You brits still pissed LOL

go Italy
forza azzurri

HAHAHAH

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted July 07, 2006 10:05     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nunzfromzhellz:
Obviosly we didnt watch the same game.
We lost(predictable) but France just won with the help of a more then dubious referee. 1-0 penalty oh what a big win!yeah

You brits still pissed LOL

go Italy
forza azzurri

Let me see....

Thierry Henry goes to ground in the penalty box. TV replays show that he outfoxed Carvalho who clearly caught his leg - penalty. Christian Ronaldo fell over in the penalty box - replays clearly show no contact except a gloriously acted belly flop - he should have been booked at the very least.
Miguel fell over close to a French player - Portugese bench goes ballistic insisting it was a foul. Replays show he simply fell over his own two feet and maybe twisted his ankle - he should have been booked as well.

What Portugal got was just desserts for being a bunch of play acting cheats. They were never good enough to be in the final and France simply did the minimum necessary on another hot, sticky night in Munich. In case you didn't notice I predicted that Portugal would beat England and we weren't good enough to be in the final either. What sticks in my throat is the callous gamesmanship from Carvalho and Ronaldo that got Rooney sent off, and possibly banned for a few matches. I've watched several replays and it is clear Rooney never intended to step into Carvalho and when he realised someone was there he instantly stepped away. Oh, let's not forget Rooney was fouled at least twice before this incident - the only difference was Rooney stayed on his feet and tried to win the ball. Goes to show what honesty does for you. After that England woke up and had a go at beating them in normal time. Apart from long range shots Portugal never troubled England's defence.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted July 07, 2006 17:14     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:
[qb]Let me see....

Thierry Henry goes to ground in the penalty box. TV replays show that he outfoxed Carvalho who clearly caught his leg - penalty. Christian Ronaldo fell over in the penalty box - replays clearly show no contact except a gloriously acted belly flop - he should have been booked at the very least.
Miguel fell over close to a French player - Portugese bench goes ballistic insisting it was a foul. Replays show he simply fell over his own two feet and maybe twisted his ankle - he should have been booked as well.

What Portugal got was just desserts for being a bunch of play acting cheats. They were never good enough to be in the final and France simply did the minimum necessary on another hot, sticky night in Munich. In case you didn't notice I predicted that Portugal would beat England and we weren't good enough to be in the final either. What sticks in my throat is the callous gamesmanship from Carvalho and Ronaldo that got Rooney sent off, and possibly banned for a few matches. I've watched several replays and it is clear Rooney never intended to step onto Carvalho and when he realised someone was there he instantly stepped away. Oh, let's not forget Rooney was fouled at least twice before this incident - the only difference was Rooney stayed on his feet and tried to win the ball in the face of some pretty choice leg hacking. Goes to show what honesty does for you. After that England woke up and had a go at beating them in normal time. Apart from long range shots Portugal never troubled England's defence.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

this is getting ridiculous
first of all
this is only a sport dont get this thing very seriously
That Rooney kid lacks skills, "IF" he didnt do it on propouse (first image) and is a troubled young man (second image)
Yes now blame the others your own mystakes.

and we dive a lot isnt it?
Last years diving:

FcPorto - ManU diving we won
Sporting Lisbon Uefa Cup 2 years ago -Newcastle, Boro... diving we won
Benfica UEFA CL This year - ManU...Liverpool...diving we won

National Team...

Euro 2000 - 3-2 diving we won

Euro 2004 - 2-2 Penalty Shoot-Out...serious diving, we won

World Cup 2006 - 0-0...Penalty Shoot-Out(What a surprise...)diving of course we won again

final thoughts

TRY AGAIN

we'll dive again

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted July 09, 2006 04:41     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And hopefully, if FIFA actually find some balls (excuse the pun), you'll get sent off for it in the next tournament. Diving is something which European and South American clubs have done for years. Sadly it is becoming prevalent in the English game too. I suppose while it is clear that cheating wins you games and get players sent off then it will continue. It seems to me that FIFA have no desire to stamp out this element of the game which I think is killing it as a spectacle. Which is why I would like to see TV replays used. It's done in rugby and has helped the sport no end. If players are found to be acting up in order to get others in trouble then they should be brought to book, plain and simple. Violent conduct not punished during games has been dealt with after matches - maybe it's time to introduce something similar for diving and other such gamesmanship (sic).

Rooney is a gifted but temperamental player. I have seen him lose his discipline several times and it is a side of him that does need to be brought under control otherwise he could find himself sidelined for it. However he was still unfairly dismissed from the field, and will now serve a two match ban for something that was started by play acting and made worse by the antics that followed. In the English league he would have been yellow-carded and that would have been fair enough.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 09, 2006 10:08     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think they should let all the players carry Baseball Bats and beat the crap out of each other.
Something like Warriors Football. That would be cool to see.

GO ITALY!

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 09, 2006 15:57     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes! Baseball bats!
Anyhoo, I don't know what the hell is going on and what you all are talking about, but I hope France wins the baseball game. I can't watch anymore, it's boring...
oh, here comes overtime.
I feel they should get rid of the free kicks after overtime and decide it on the field; ten overtimes, whatever it takes! Let is be decided on the field. Now that would be almost fun to watch.
Gotta go watch paint dry....

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted July 09, 2006 17:34     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ups he lost his head

Congratulazioni Italia

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 10, 2006 05:05     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's all just banter as far as I'm concerned. Ripping the piss out of the opposition is part of the game! And please note that I originally posted my dislike of ronaldo before the england v portugal game. He's a nice easy target, always has been, always will be! Wish Zidane had nutted him - that would have made my summer!

I'll be slagging off rooney once he puts that man u shirt back on!

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted July 10, 2006 13:42     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You won't be the only one

Sadly Zinedine Zidane didn't keep his head. I'd like to know what happened out there, one minute is looked like happy banter, next he's nutted the guy in the chest! Doesn't excuse the behaviour and the ref had no choice. What a sad way to go

Well that's that for another four years! England for 2010

--------------------

Hail Santa...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 10, 2006 14:46     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No Knick...

TOGO for 2010!

It will be in South Afrika will it?

About the Italy - France match...
I think ZZ went out of Football just perfectly! He committed a violent act just before getting the Red Card! Thats what Football needs...VIOLENCE! (Not the Hooligan type).
Thus...my Baseball Bats idea.
Too bad he didnt have a Baseball Bat. NO! WAIT!...I was cheering for Italy!...
Too bad the ITALIAN guy didnt hit him back...with a Bat! hehe.

Nevermind...I going back to the bloody sport of Hockey.

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted July 10, 2006 16:49     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:
I'd like to know what happened out there, one minute is looked like happy banter, next he's nutted the guy in the chest!

People, who are able of lip-reading mean the Italian player said two times something like "Your sister is a whore".

E-FORCE13
VoivodFan
Member # 746

posted July 10, 2006 16:59     Profile for E-FORCE13   Email E-FORCE13     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In fact,

His brother mentioned ,in french press,
that he was called a terrorist,because he has middle east in his family or something......
Talk about the art of provocation....

JUST PLAY THE FUCKIN GAME!!!!!no?

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted July 10, 2006 17:46     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He should have just let it go and done him after the match. I can understand why he would be angry about such things but he should have not let it ruin his last match. Easy to say though, and lets face it, after 110 minutes of football on a hot, humid night, you're tired, probably aching to bits and wishing that header you struck so well 5 minutes ago had been aimed just that little bit better, players are kicking you to bits, pulling you all over the place and possibly railing vicious personal insults the whole time - how would you react? Can't say I wouldn't have lost it myself so why should he be any different?

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 10, 2006 18:50     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuckin' brilliant! After 30 days of footballing, this is what we get for a championship game, er, match?? That is why I hate that sport. A fuckin' kicking contest to decide a champ?!!? What a waste of time. Why not have kickin' contests for the entire 30 days and save us from the "running around aimlessly" and "the falling down and screaming for mommy" anytime someone alledgedly touches a player! I am pissed off! I tried to get into it, however I can't. Forget the free kicks, make them play overtime after overtime until a team scores. Yeah, it'll prolly kill the guys, but aren't they supposedly the "greatest athletes" in the world? I'd watch them play until they puke, it'd be more interesting. What a disgrace! What's next? Baseball having a home run derby instead of a World Series? Not!

Also, it was great to see that Frenchie
go 'hooligan' and UFC on that Italiano!
Freakin' sweet! Way to go moron! When your team needed you most, u decide to headshot the opponent. Dammit, it was anti-clamtic and very lame to have to endure, but I tried kids, I really did. Here's hoping Maiden get a team together for the next tournament. Whenever that is?
Stoopid game!

Disgusted.

--------------------

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted July 10, 2006 18:58     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check out the new ZZ game!

ZZ Game

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan