my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » World Cup Thread (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: World Cup Thread
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 15, 2006 17:57     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 15, 2006 18:08     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love it when Freddie Ljungberg scores. It's all about the Arsenal players! Ljungberg, Rosicky... maybe not Henry for a change...
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 15, 2006 19:24     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I got one wrong - Paraguay are out lol!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted June 15, 2006 19:34     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅLLLLLLL!!!!!!
Fy fan vad grymt.
Go Sweden!!!

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 15, 2006 19:59     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LyKcantropen:
I'm telling you, man, the Ivory Coast is where it's at.

Another dire performance from England. Crouch needs to stop pretending he's van Basten and actually get a grip with what he can and can't do.

At least we're through. Whether we deserve it or not is another matter entirely.

No we don't. However, playing long ball to Owen will never work. Owen thrives on balls played to his feet, where he can use his skill to turn his marker and create openings. Sven's tactics do not suit Owen at all and if he'd been on the field when Lennon and Downing were played I think he would have scored. The Rooney effect lasted all of 5 minutes and after that you barely saw him - it was Lennon and Downing who made the difference, not Rooney. They should have brought width onto the field first - it was clear after half an hour that going through them wasn't working.

However, we are through and at the moment that's what counts. But if we continue to play like this though we'll be coming home after the first knockout match, regardless of who we meet.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted June 16, 2006 05:15     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by code:
MÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅÅLLLLLLL!!!!!!
Fy fan vad grymt.
Go Sweden!!!

Instämmer fullständigt.

England på måndag.....

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 16, 2006 10:40     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bring it on! Even with Sven-Goran-Sabotage doing his best to help his fellow countrymen, we'll have you this time!
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 16, 2006 10:43     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You haven't beat us in 40 years, and you won't now man
We'll see. It will be a fun game.

Argentina looks damn good, and stands as favrorites in my book.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 16, 2006 11:36     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pah! You couldn't even beat Trinidad!

Argentina do look a bit "handy", as usual!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 16, 2006 13:44     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am so happy Argentina beat damn Serbia. 6-0! Way to go!

Later is Mexico and Angola. Mexico will probably win, but i just cant bring myself to cheer for them.

GO ANGOLA GO!!!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 16, 2006 14:14     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Argentina are on fire, but they haven't really been tested (Ivory Coast are plucky, but not exceptional). We'll see how they do - Riquelme is an awesome player, but if he can be taken out of the game (like Gilberto Silva managed when we played them), their opponents have a chance.

The Dutch are looking good, too. I think I'll give Mexico and Angola a miss tonight, though.

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted June 16, 2006 16:51     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LyKcantropen:
Argentina are on fire, ........

Hmm, yeah you really could say that again

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted June 16, 2006 21:22     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmm....it seems to me that the game just SUCKS! By what I have been reading you all seem to agree. I like the idear of having two balls on the field and maybe a ban on the crybabies that scream for a stretcher when they trip! U-S-A. U-S-A!!!
As for the biased judges: Of course they are! The sport suffers from the reality that there is cheating in the game, very obvious cheating! It's the 'passion' that makes people cheat and kill opposing hooligans! Gotta love it! Send the boozed up hooligans to Iraq and let them go crazy! I bet they do a better job at finding Bin Laden and putting an end to this 'war on terror'! Happy daze to you fans and please make it thru this month alive!

Btw. I got to flip off George W's motorcade today!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 17, 2006 00:25     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I fully agree with Lyc. Argentina hasn't been tested yet. Ivory Coast is an okay team, but Serbia didn't make it to the match, it seems. Let's see how they go against Holland.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 17, 2006 03:41     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Angola - Mexico 0-0! What an exciting game!

This is exactly what i mean. Football is really boring as hell and the only reason people go so crazy when there is a score is because..."Yeaaaaaaaa! There was a Goal! Finally!..."

The whole field should be reduced by 2 Meters on the sides and 3 on the ends. This would increase the chances of scorring...and thus the Goals.
Also...as Knick says...no more of those wimpy fall-downs.
Hockey has penaltys against faking a trip or check. Football should too.

I just think it would be more exciting to see a game that is 10-3 or even 5-4 (or whatever) than the constant 0-0 or 1-0 scores.
I am doing my best to really like this sport, but its hard to when they wont let them fight either.
I would love to see full-contact Football. Tackle and beat the shit out of the guy with the ball. Now THAT would be something!

TODAY's MATCHES:

Portugal - Iran.
Just to be a thorn to Mr. Portugal on here, i will cheer for Iran. GO IRAN GO!!! hehe

Czech Republic - Ghana.
I will of course cheer for Czech.

Italy - U.S.A.
This is a no-brainer. Italy will stomp the Amerikans (and all theyre extra security) by the score of 20-0. Ok, maybe 19-0. hehe

Oh...and BTW...

GO TOGO GO!!! WIN TOGO WIN!!!

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted June 17, 2006 07:10     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:

TODAY's MATCHES:

Portugal - Iran.
Just to be a thorn to Mr. Portugal on here, i will cheer for Iran. GO IRAN GO!!! hehe

Italy - U.S.A.
This is a no-brainer. Italy will stomp the Amerikans (and all theyre extra security) by the score of 20-0. Ok, maybe 19-0. hehe

I have family in Portugal so I'll cheer for Portugal, GO PORTUGAL! VIVA PORTUGAL!!!!

What do you have aganst the US FOOTball-players? I think US can be a danger to Italy, you'll never know, do you...

- Annki, the troll, heh heh

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 17, 2006 07:42     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AnnKatorZZ:

What do you have aganst the US FOOTball-players? I think US can be a danger to Italy, you'll never know, do you...

- Annki, the troll, heh heh

I just dont want them to win at anything in the International arena.
Anything more i have to say about the topic of Amerika (and theyre super-fortified extra security)...does not belong here in this thread.

GO ITALY! GO IRAN!!!

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted June 17, 2006 07:44     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was in an Irish pub in Berlin yesterday seeing Mexico -Angola. All I can say, Australian fans are really happily and loud, the bar-maid wanted to burn their flag.
Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted June 17, 2006 08:45     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AnnKatorZZ:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hypercube:
[qb]I was in an Irish pub in Berlin yesterday seeing Mexico -Angola. All I can say, Australian fans are really happily and loud, the bar-maid wanted to burn their flag.

Ahh, Dare I ask how the Swedish fans behave, we're known to appear drunk abroad.

KULA: Yeah I know what you mean and I understand, 'nuff said.

Zlatan will not be able to play against England

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 17, 2006 08:52     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you're complaining that football is boring because it has too few goals, then, y'know, go watch something else. It's not just about scoring points, y'know (this is why I never got into basketball).
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 17, 2006 13:36     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not just about scoring points? I realize that, but you know my complaints.

Today really pissed me off. Portugal - Iran game.
It is quite clear to me now that the judges were on Portugal's side...just like the Brasil - Croatia game when they didnt call Brasil players for many infractions.
Croatia now has an injured player who cant play Japan tomorrow. No penalties were called BOTH times he was pounded by Brasil players.
Yet...nearly every time Brasil FAKED a fall...Croatia got a penalty.
The game with Iran today was pretty much the same thing.

Lyc...I have tried to like this game...but how can i when the fake falls are so abundant and there arent many goals?
The really good plays are far and few between.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 17, 2006 14:26     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dunno, it's just the game I'm most familiar with, so I enjoy watching it. The diving has been terrible, I'll agree, and the referees haven't been very good, either. On scoring, Argentina put six past Serbia the other day, so there you go.

As an aside, a penalty is a very specific thing in football (it's a free shot at goal inside the box). Most of the time it's just a "foul".

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted June 17, 2006 14:36     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Figo was kicked in the face by an Iranian defender, should have been a red card IMHO, so you can't say they were judging in favour for Portugal. Portugal was the better team this time.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 17, 2006 15:03     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah! Ok, thanks for correcting me on the Penalty/Foul thing. Now i know.

Portugal was the better team, yes. They are always strong and tough to beat.
I was mainly cheering for Iran to joke with Nuno (Mr. Baghdad Bob) a bit. lol!

I still cant believe Ghana beat Czech team. Wow!
This means there is new hope for...TOGO!!! GO TOGO!!!

Anyways. Now we will watch the Amerikans get beat. hehe.
If the U.S team wins, then i will write the words "I love Amerika" 100 times. A Tie doesnt count either.

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted June 17, 2006 16:53     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ghana Was awesome today. They played that old-fashion 'happy' football that I like very much! I have to cheer for Portugal or my daughter would be sad and I like their team too. Of course Figo is a good player but as almost every football player in this World Cup he's also a good actor, you know.
It has happened that the referee been giving players a yellow card when they've faked (acted) too much.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan