my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » World Cup Thread (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: World Cup Thread
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 25, 2006 19:07     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Figo and a couple of others from team Portugal should wear dresses. Fucking whiners. Other than that, a great game, and even tho they are completely gay in my opinion, the abovementioned players certainly know how to play football. Now excuse me while I duck before Nuno launces a nuke on me

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted June 26, 2006 06:15     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
where's your geographical position Petri? latitude and longitude?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 26, 2006 06:29     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hypercube:
Portugal - Holland. What a game.

Sorry for you, Paul.
Ohne Holland fahr'n wir nach Berlin...

Yeah, too bad. It has advantages also. The crazyness here in Holland has stopped.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 26, 2006 07:36     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfrosted:
Go for the cup now England
Germany - England in the final would rule

That would be cool. I think we're gonna have trouble with Portugal though... As long as we can make christian ronaldo cry again I'll be happy!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 26, 2006 10:17     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GO TOGO GO!!!

...What? They went home?

DAMN!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 26, 2006 19:15     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Idiot ref decided to end Australia's brave battle against all odds by giving Italy a penalty shot for nothing in the end of the second half. Where do they find these fuckers? From the local betting agency? Italy were dominating of course, but the way they won this one stank. A shame for the sport. Anyway, congrats to team Italy and a big hooray to the Aussies for the great effort!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 27, 2006 17:22     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fat Ronaldo is now the greatest striker in World Cup history, fittingly replacing Fat Muller.

Brazil are cruising. They can be great when they want to be... but they don't seem to want to be.

France were looking pretty sharp, too.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 27, 2006 18:11     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well when I look at my first lot of predictions it just goes to show how unpredictable the World Cup can be. France escaped my radar, but then I'd say they've escaped everyone's really! Sweden Did enough to get through in the end, the croats forgot how to score goals, the swiss somehow won their group and the Ukraine played pretty well to get trhough to the last 16. But the real shock for me were the Czechs - they just fell apart. But 10 out of 16 wasn't a bad go I suppose.

So ere goes, my quarter final predictions:

BRAZIL V FRANCE: Well I have to say it looks as though France have finally arrived. They turned Spain over beautifully, although Thierry Henry should be ashamed for the way he held his head when it was clear no contact was made with it. Zidane was sublime, best player on the pitch along with Xabi Alonso, who showed great touch. Brazil on saturday will be a tough call but if any team can do it France can. Brazil still aren't firing on all cylinders, yet they've managed to score 7 goals in 2 matches, albeit against naive opposition. France will be a very different prospect and if their defence plays like it did against Spain Brazil will have major problems. Don't know why but I think France could shade this one.

ENGLAND V PORTUGAL: England haven't played well all tournament and have barely done enough to get here. Somehow we need to turn in a good performance or Portugal will put us to the sword. They look sharp and even though they will be missing a couple of key players I reckon we have a tough match ahead. Portugal play good, flowing football, pass to feet and are well organised. Having said that they have been known to switch off but it is only this that will be their undoing in my opinion. I think they are a better side than England and they will win.

ITALY V UKRAINE: Italy were handed their win against the aussies by yet another appaling referee decision and typically cynical italian play acting. However, their defence looks rock solid and they will prove very hard to break down. Ukraine looked almost scared to play against the swiss but I don't think the same will apply here - they know they are the underdogs and will give it their best. However, I think Italy will win it, probably by yet another refereeing howler!

GERMANY V ARGENTINA: This is a tough call. Both sides look good and have a realistic opportunity to reach the final. Of all the sides I have seen so far these two have been consistently the best. It's just a shame they had to meet here. If I was pushed I'd go for the Argentinians simply because they are wonderful playmakers, but this is one match that could go either way.

So the semi's will be (I think!)

France V Portugal
Italy V Argentina

--------------------

Hail Santa...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 28, 2006 16:15     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
" So the semi's will be (I think!)"

i don't think so.

--------------------

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted June 29, 2006 05:18     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:

i don't think so.

neither do i.
france is gonna be annihilated by brazil.
In case u were wondering,I am Italian.

--------------------

PAIN MAKES ME STRONGER EVERYDAY

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 29, 2006 06:07     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

i don't think so.

So what do you think?

Reasons why I think France won't get annihilated by Brazil?

1. Brazil are not playing as a unit.
2. Their defence is suspect, looks very shaky on set pieces and has not been tested by players of the quality of Henry and Zidane in this tournament.
3. France have the ability to stop Brazil playing their natural game.

If France play like they did against Spain Brazil are going to find it tough to win. However, if Brazil start playing the sort of football we know they are capable of then it really could go either way.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 29, 2006 12:55     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:
if Brazil start playing the sort of football we know they are capable of then it really could go either way.

If Brasil start playing the sort of football everyone knows they are capable of, France would be doomed. Plus, '98 still didn't go down our throats very well.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 30, 2006 11:04     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonutz:

France V England
Ukraine V Germany

I'd love to see that happen... can't see it though. Italy will beat Ukraine. Portugal will win on a bad referee decision!

Watching Germany v Argentina now. My money's on the Germans...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 30, 2006 12:27     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my money WAS on the germans. not so sure now. this game is intense!
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted June 30, 2006 14:15     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 30, 2006 14:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a game! That was a good one. Germany - Argentina.
Cheers to the German Goalie!
Also...Cheers to Argentina for theyre spirit.

What was that fight at the end about anyway?
I was hoping it would turn into a stadium-wide brawl. That would have been cool.

Now...GO UKRAINE!
This game could go either way.

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted June 30, 2006 16:47     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Lynn:

Now...GO UKRAINE!

I don't think so

we have dominated since the 1st minute

--------------------

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted June 30, 2006 16:51     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Now...GO UKRAINE!

Seems it is going the Italian way 3 - 0 right now. I really like the Ukraine team 'tho. Did you know we sometimes call the football a 'kula' here in sweden so your name 'Kula' means: football

Kulan = the football

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 30, 2006 17:18     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
[QB]Now...GO UKRAINE!
QB]

Too bad, i am always in favor of the underdog. (not when playing against Holland that is...!!!)

The only ones that have any chance of winning the championchip imo:

Deutschland: the only group of players that played any GOOD football !!
Brazil: They normally are best at what they do.... Playing football with 2 fingers up their noses and winning. Whenever the opposite party playes better they simply play a little bit more better.

--------------------

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 01, 2006 04:07     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well...so much for Ukraine.
That will teach me to cheer against Italy. Sorry about that Nico. lol

Today...ENGLUND vs PORTUGAL

I just dont know. Have a feeling Portugal will win this one, but i will be most happy if England wins.

BRASIL vs FRANCE

I will cheer for Brasil because...well...nevermind.
Brasil will beat France 8-0.

(In Hrvatski, KULA means TOWER.)

Cheers!

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted July 01, 2006 05:11     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Well...so much for Ukraine.
That will teach me to cheer against Italy. Sorry about that Nico. lol

Today...ENGLUND vs PORTUGAL

I just dont know. Have a feeling Portugal will win this one, but i will be most happy if England wins.

BRASIL vs FRANCE

I will cheer for Brasil because...well...nevermind.
Brasil will beat France 8-0.

(In Hrvatski, KULA means TOWER.)

Cheers!

victory of brasil is sure thing...on the other match...Portugal has lost many important players since the last game,my bet is on England.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 01, 2006 05:23     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK Portugal. hope they lose 10-0. Hope they lose 3 players with red card. MOFOS.

In Dutch "KUL" means a lot of bullshit.
As in "FlauweKUL".

--------------------

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted July 01, 2006 09:55     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
FUCK Portugal. hope they lose 10-0. Hope they lose 3 players with red card. MOFOS.

As in "FlauweKUL".

wish the same for france....yeah I hate them

--------------------

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 01, 2006 10:06     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

As in "FlauweKUL".

I hope that isnt a thinly-veiled insult Mr. Paul.
Yep. What else could it be?

Perhapse you would like to elaborate further...as to clear up my misunderstanding?

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 01, 2006 13:49     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn. Portugese acting skills beat the English
England are doomed as soon as penalty kicking comes up. They need a shrink or two in time for the next championship

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan