my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The Post YouTube.com Links Thread (Page 27)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Author Topic: The Post YouTube.com Links Thread
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 27, 2010 15:52     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
The: Mighty VHS collector

That dude reminds me of one individual whose bunk was in the same room as mine in the first few months of my military service. Some people are tuned to a whole different set of frequencies than the majority

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 28, 2010 20:01     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm really sorry, friends, but I HAVE to share this pathos with as many people as I can.

Be sure to check out the other episodes, mostly of him fighting, pissing, puking, getting arrested etc.

Incidently, this is my old home town and I once got laid in this actual housing estate! Now I know why I had to go to the clinic afterwards....

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted November 23, 2010 21:21     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKHUwfFb2lw
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted November 28, 2010 20:17     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy Thaksgiving http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE7tyW8CYXs
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 28, 2010 22:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
I'm really sorry, friends, but I HAVE to share this pathos with as many people as I can.

Be sure to check out the other episodes, mostly of him fighting, pissing, puking, getting arrested etc.

Incidently, this is my old home town and I once got laid in this actual housing estate! Now I know why I had to go to the clinic afterwards....

Thoroughly enjoyed this.....clinic for what? Chickenpox?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 29, 2010 11:18     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:

Damn EKH. Oh the lives we lead. Now I feel a sudden urge to get wasted and dance.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

SmedHed
VoivodFan
Member # 1041

posted June 22, 2011 19:10     Profile for SmedHed   Email SmedHed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Midnattsol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_cnqOch8aM

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 23, 2011 06:42     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SmedHed:
Midnattsol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_cnqOch8aM

Personally I don't like this kind of "metal". Mostly because of the female singing. I rather hear a fat grunt.

At the moment I listen to Coroner - Mental Vortex..... man this is the shit for me.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

SmedHed
VoivodFan
Member # 1041

posted June 24, 2011 23:35     Profile for SmedHed   Email SmedHed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Within Temptation - Candles (Live Java Island)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z-_UcuidP8

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 25, 2011 16:10     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First I've seen of Reed and Pepper on stage at the same time in 10 years!

C.O.C w/ Pepper Keenan - Senor Limpio + Vote With A Bullet @ Kristonfest 2011

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 27, 2011 08:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:

I wish this configuration of the band would reunite. There's no reason they can't do material and tour where they're covering their groove sludge stoner metal material & their more punk hardcore stuff. They need Pepper in the band to appeal to a bigger audience... and they just fuckin' rage with the classic line up.
In regards to the band DOWN, that Keenan seems to be more involved with now, the best thing they've done is take Voivod on tour as the opener. None of their albums have really blown me away... probably because Pepper isn't singing.
Thanks for the link... it gives me hope. The COC skull logo will probably be the next tattoo I get, to start inking my left arm.

--------------------

yawn

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 27, 2011 11:08     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

That's awesome, thanks for the link John. I echo Dave's statements, they kind of need Pepper these days. The new 7-inch isn't that good and the old hardcore stuff (while essential crossover) is from a different era for these guys... I'd like to see them get heavier again, but more in the Deliverance/Wiseblood/Blind direction. Animosity is godly, but let's face it, a vibe that just isn't coming back.

When I saw them on the Deliverance tour in '94, they closed their set with a bunch of the early hardcore stuff w/Mike singing and it was badass. Still have the flyer for that, actually...

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 03, 2011 22:48     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice flyer, Mike! 3 friggin dollars!?!? Damn, that's not even a dollar per band member hahaha.

I agree with both of you, Pepper belongs in COC at this point in time. The earlier music is cool and all for doing anniversary tours but they've progressed so much away from it that it doesn't sound 'right' going back now in terms of making a new album this way. If they make one without him then that would just be crazy!

I think they're doing this 'Mark III' outfit right now because Pepper is tied up with Down, which is touring Europe and in the process of making a new album. It's unfortunate, but Down has more $$$ clowt and contractual obligations and bullshit like that.

--------------------

SmedHed
VoivodFan
Member # 1041

posted July 08, 2011 17:00     Profile for SmedHed   Email SmedHed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Midnattsol - A Poet's Prayer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJFxjLXT_Xw

more growls ...

Within Temptation - Deep within
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PE6juenRv4

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 21, 2011 10:18     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://youtu.be/t1Ft1aQJscc
http://youtu.be/KEeFNvvR-ng

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 27, 2011 10:05     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh-oh...

EOLB - Thee Absurd

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 27, 2011 10:20     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was rad, h. Thanks for sharing your youtube link.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 20, 2011 17:05     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, I just stumbbled upon this oldie:

enjoy,

RIOT FIRE DOWN UNDER live in 1981!!

just885 views, wtf??

Oh yeah....

swords and tequella

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 20, 2011 17:50     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
COOL!!! Old RIOT, although slightly out of sync.
Here's one from many year later:
THUNDERSTEEL - Reunion show

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 06, 2011 09:22     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
most metal video of all time?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhq1uWY9wHg&feature=related

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 06, 2011 13:55     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
most metal video of all time?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhq1uWY9wHg&feature=related

We are no longer the knights who say ni...
We are now the knights who say.... EKI EKI EKI PTANG NU WONG

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 17, 2011 01:25     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Metallica and guests doing Skynyrd's "Tuesday's Gone" last week (Gary Rossington!?)

Metallica perform the Lynyrd Skynyrd classic "Tuesday's Gone" with a host of guests including Skynyrd guitarist Gary Rossington, Down and former Corrosion of Conformity member Pepper Keenan, Alice in Chains' Jerry Cantrell, and former Faith No More guitarist Jim "Fatso" Martin, as well as Soul Rebels on horns. Lynyrd Skynyrd originally recorded the song for their 1973 album "(Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd)". This version was recorded live @ The Fillmore in San Francisco, California on December 9th, 2011 (the third of four Metallica 30th birthday concerts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-SfCb3hGWo&feature=related

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 17, 2011 18:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Metallica and guests doing Skynyrd's "Tuesday's Gone" last week (Gary Rossington!?)

Metallica perform the Lynyrd Skynyrd classic "Tuesday's Gone" with a host of guests including Skynyrd guitarist Gary Rossington, Down and former Corrosion of Conformity member Pepper Keenan, Alice in Chains' Jerry Cantrell, and former Faith No More guitarist Jim "Fatso" Martin, as well as Soul Rebels on horns. Lynyrd Skynyrd originally recorded the song for their 1973 album "(Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd)". This version was recorded live @ The Fillmore in San Francisco, California on December 9th, 2011 (the third of four Metallica 30th birthday concerts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-SfCb3hGWo&feature=related

I really hope they shot all these 30th Anniversary shows for a dvd box set release. All the guests that participated in this are incredible. Love 'em or hate 'em Metallica is legendary, and they sure know how to celebrate an anniversary in style.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 18, 2011 02:02     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad you liked it! Thought you'd like to see Pepper sing again LOL!

Knowing Metallica they did film it but who knows if it'll ever see the light of day. This vid was posted on Down's fb page, so someone associated with Pepper more than likely filmed that. Not bad visual, the audio is a little drowned out tho...oh well, still cool!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 18, 2011 17:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Glad you liked it! Thought you'd like to see Pepper sing again LOL!

Knowing Metallica they did film it but who knows if it'll ever see the light of day. This vid was posted on Down's fb page, so someone associated with Pepper more than likely filmed that. Not bad visual, the audio is a little drowned out tho...oh well, still cool!

Whoever posted the video seems to have shot all the shows. There's so many clips from these gigs on youtube. It was great seeing Pepper at the mic again... he needs to rejoin COC and release another hardrockstonergroovetwinguitarheavymetal album!!! COC is SO much better than DOWN.

I watched all the clips with the guest singers, and they were great. Watching the one with John Bush makes ya wonder what would have been if Bush had taken them up on their offer to be their lead singer when the band first started. Motorcycle Man with Biff Byford was great also.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan