Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » Black Metal Is A Pile Of Dog Shit (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Black Metal Is A Pile Of Dog Shit
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 27, 2004 12:35     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
That's fucking cool, Legion. Seriously. Like the fuzzy guitar tone and the vocals especially.
 |  IP: Logged
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 27, 2004 12:36     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:
And by the way buttmunch, what exactly
is worth talking about ?

In your case, nothing is worth talking about. You're not listening anyway. You just sit on your own pathetic opinions which are maybe UNDENIABLE TRUTH in your 'life', but don't mean shit in real life. You think you're RIGHT, and we're WRONG. Your 'right' makes you 'RIGHT'. This makes you the BIGGEST GODDAMN NAZI OF US ALL! Now go jerk your self off or just find another hobby.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 27, 2004 12:38     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
And by the way, Gorfyboy, you're replies are getting shorter and shorter, getting out of arguments maybe?

Loser!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 27, 2004 12:47     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:

They promote violence...and fuel racial hatred. It's not window dressing when people
get put into ovens or dragged around by a
f**kin pickup.

This would happen regardless of music. There are racist people out there listening to all kinds of music, therefore you miss the point entirely. I have listened to bands like Deicide and Burzum for years, yet I never have chanted racist abuse or even considered burning churches down. Just because I love music with violence in it does not entail I am violent or racist! What kind of music did Hitler listen to? Classical from what I remember reading, please correct me if I'm wrong - and even if it wasn't I don't think bands like Deicide, Burzum and Emperor existend back in the 1930's/1940's, unless you know something I and the rest of the world don't. So what exactly was going on there then Gorf? Hitler discovered a time machine, fast forwarded to the year 2000 and got himself some dirty, lowdown racist music before winding himself back to his own timeline in order to proceed with the murder of millions of Jews? You need to wise up before you throw around unfounded criticisms at others.

Racism has nothing whatever to do with music - you either are or you aren't racist - end of chat.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 27, 2004 15:49     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
What kind of music did Hitler listen to?

Wagner. He and most of Nazi high command had a huge Wagner fixation.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 27, 2004 19:47     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
i hear every racist in Jasper, Texas enjoys Burzum.

now you are being silly, Gorf.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted June 27, 2004 19:53     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
damn LEGION i think those tunes should be the soundtrack to the next DOTD rip off movie, it would actually be scary.

vox needs some work.

P.S. to my ears,imo,ect.. "for the sensitive folk"

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 27, 2004 20:10     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post
Wonder if that thread should be more appropriate for the TM section now... mmm... Yah, fuck it.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 27, 2004 21:43     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Great stuff Legion! I especially love the guitar tone and vokills. What did you record it with? What kind of gear are you using?
Kurze
VoivodFan
Member # 318

posted June 27, 2004 23:43     Profile for Kurze   Email Kurze     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Wagner's works are full of politics, racism and antisemetism
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted June 27, 2004 23:46     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:

HOLY HELL, LEGION!

That is by all means NOT a "Lame attempt" !!!
Great stuff there! Everyone give it a listen.

Do you have any more that your hiding from us?
When is the CD coming out? The tour? The Artbook?

I was truely blown away.
Thanks!

Thanks for the kind comments, the two songs are actually a part of a side-project that a friend of mine and I did over last winter.

If you or anyone else would like a free demo of it, e-mail me with a mailing address.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted June 27, 2004 23:54     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
That's fucking cool, Legion. Seriously. Like the fuzzy guitar tone and the vocals especially.

Thanks, I think the guitars sound really crisp and clear, although I shouldn't take credit for them since I didn't play the guitars. My friend Mike, one of the guitarists from "In Memorium" www.inmemorium.tk recorded them, along with the bass and drum-machine. I did the vox and keys. For the vocals, I just ran them through my old "Ross" distortion pedal to give them a bit more "grain"

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted June 27, 2004 23:58     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
damn LEGION i think those tunes should be the soundtrack to the next DOTD rip off movie, it would actually be scary.

vox needs some work.

P.S. to my ears,imo,ect.. "for the sensitive folk"

Yeah, I never said it was original, so for my next effort I'll have someone "kick me in the jimmy" for those extra, hard-to-reach, notes!

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted June 28, 2004 00:12     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Great stuff Legion! I especially love the guitar tone and vokills. What did you record it with? What kind of gear are you using?

Well, Mike and I both used digital 8-tracks. I can't remember what brand or format his was, mine is just an old Alesis ADAT. He did the guitars, bass, and drum-machine programming, using all 8-tracks...put it onto a cdr, mailed it over to me...I "dumped" it all to ADAT in 2 stereo tracks...and then I had 6 tracks left over for vocals and keys. So in essence, we used a 14 track.

I believe Mike used a line-6 pedal straight into the 8-track for his guitars, I don't know what settings he used, but they sure sound "bitey" as hell for an awesome BM guitar sound, imho!

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 28, 2004 10:07     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Cool! I'm totally into snagging a demo off ya. Email sent!

I use a Line 6 POD for guitars, but haven't come up with any tones as sick as that.

Gonna have to fuck around with it today, coz I got some Black Metal songs on the back-burner that I've put off finishing until I get another project out of the way.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 28, 2004 15:29     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
In your case, nothing is worth talking about. You're not listening anyway. You just sit on your own pathetic opinions which are maybe UNDENIABLE TRUTH in your 'life', but don't mean shit in real life. You think you're RIGHT, and we're WRONG. Your 'right' makes you 'RIGHT'. This makes you the BIGGEST GODDAMN NAZI OF US ALL! Now go jerk your self off or just find another hobby.

Oh - so you mean the black metal acts are
not Satanists and not promting evil ?

Listen, if you pussified pathetic losers
really didn't need these "heroes" for your
"worship" you might build a little character
for yourselves when someone throws a rock
thru your little glass house.

Its not music not matter how many keyboards and orchestral pieces are put in. So all you
are left with is a cheap little Satanic
seance for all the dumb Euro-Trash to hate
Christians with!

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 28, 2004 15:56     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
They're not heroes for me, they make MUSIC I like. When I happen to like certain music, there's no need in trying to change my mind. When I want to listen to Black Metal, I will. That doesn't make me a Satanist, but if you think it will, then so be it. If you want to get frustrated about it, I won't stop you. Throw as much shit at me as you want, it doesn't bother me one bit. I think it's good for you to release your anger. You're funny. In your little dreamworld you think you can force your little opinions on everyone. If you ever wake up, you'll notice it doesn't work that way.

If this post is too complicated for you, I'll put it in a simpler way: "Oink Oink"

Signed: AR (coming to burn your church soon)

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 28, 2004 16:05     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
The people making the songs aren't actually just talking about it, they promote doing evil!

They promote violence...and fuel racial hatred. It's not window dressing when people get put into ovens or dragged around by a f**kin pickup.

If I remember correctly, in one of your first posts you complained about black/death metal bands taking the deserved place of other many gifted metal bands. You also specified thrash metal as one of the prejudiced metal styles.

I suppose you like thrash metal a lot.

Well, you actually DO like thrash metal a lot, you stated it clearly in many previous times. So, see if you can get my point.

As you stated about BM/DM bands, "They promote violence". Correct me if I'm wrong, Exodus, on their "Toxic Waltz" opus, praise the "good, friendly, VIOLENT fun". Hell, there's even a live album with that name!

My point is, by following your own standards, Exodus should be blamed as well for promoting violence. Am I correct?

Another thing: also as you stated, BM/DM promote "and fuel racial hatred. It's not window dressing when people get put into ovens or dragged around by a f**kin pickup."

A-aight. Take Slayer, Angel of Death.

"Auschwitz, the meaning of pain, the why (or way, as Tom sings the song) that I want you to die" (...) "Human mice, for the Angel of Death, four hundred thousand more to die".

And the list goes.

Still according to your way of thinking, Slayer should also be blamed for racial hatred. Correct?

I predict you will say no in both sentences (even not liking Slayer). My question then is, what is the main difference from these samples to the death/black metal bands? Be serious: do you REALLY all of the DM/BM bands take this seriously? Can you wonder extreme metal with love lyrics or something? Plus, remember, were all the violence/satan worship/whatever evil themed bands removed from the metal scene, the only band that would last would be, probably, Helloween. Remember it next time you listen to N.I.B.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 28, 2004 16:27     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
dumb Euro-Trash

This immediately renders all your arguments null and void, for you are the only racist here.

Thankyou, do enjoy your meaningless, empty existence.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 28, 2004 16:30     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post
That was the single-most dumbest response and pat answer I've ever heard.

You cannot be that naive. You know for a fact
that people from the Scandanavian metal scene are anti-chrisitan and promote racial hate.

That is not like moshing for fun and making a song about something in history.

Duh !

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 28, 2004 16:34     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
You're still racist. And bigoted.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 28, 2004 17:10     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by LEGION:
Knick, No. 6, I agree age has no boundaries...I happen to be 35 myself, and as long as BM continues to have "mesmerizing tendencies with a hypnotic atmosphere", count me in!!!

Here's my lame attempt at BM:
http://home.centurytel.net/bilug/alchemy/forest.mp3
http://home.centurytel.net/bilug/alchemy/essence.mp3

Sorry, legion, I was rude and did not listen to your musical links...but now I have...

Very promising, I am impressed

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 28, 2004 17:12     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
That was the single-most dumbest response and pat answer I've ever heard.

You cannot be that naive. You know for a fact
that people from the Scandanavian metal scene are anti-chrisitan and promote racial hate.

That is not like moshing for fun and making a song about something in history.

Duh !

It's funny how trolling tactics tend to end up all being the same. When you have no more arguments, just attack other's.

I presume after all these years (more than a decade!), and with all the facts put in the table, any person with some sense already know who was/did what in the Norwegian scene, no need to still trying to clarify facts that are already clear as cristal. Again, all of them have nothing to do with music.

You wrote: "That was the single-most dumbest response and pat answer I've ever heard."

Speak of being dumb, eh Mr. Black-Metal-HQ? You're the one setting new highs in lows with your "responses". For that, no, you won't harm me in any way by calling me names, in the same way Prozak didn't. If any other person in this Forum said my response was dumb, I would reconsider. Since it's people like you that's responding my answers with personal attacks, I'm fine. I must be doing something right.

Oh, and just for the record, how old are you? I'm assuming you can't be more than twelve, but I'm really curious.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted June 28, 2004 17:38     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by LEGION:

Yeah, I never said it was original, so for my next effort I'll have someone "kick me in the jimmy" for those extra, hard-to-reach, notes!

shit man i did'nt know it was you, i thought i was just d/l some bands tracks.
my opinion would not have been biased if i had know or not but mabye just not stated.
the music is really good i dig the drums and the fuzzy guitars alot, what i was saying is the vox 'style' is not much in my listening list to tell if the vox is really any good or not.

\M/

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 28, 2004 17:47     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Oh - so you mean the black metal acts are
not Satanists and not promting evil ?

Listen, if you pussified pathetic losers
really didn't need these "heroes" for your
"worship" you might build a little character
for yourselves when someone throws a rock
thru your little glass house.

Its not music not matter how many keyboards and orchestral pieces are put in. So all you
are left with is a cheap little Satanic
seance for all the dumb Euro-Trash to hate
Christians with!

I have no religion, and none of the musicians that write music I like are my heroes. I have no religion because that is my choice - I am assuming you do have a religion, which is of course your choice. I happen to think that religions are as corrupt as the governments that control them. Religion is a control instrument used to try and instill fear into people about what allegedly lies beyond this mortal coil. My belief is that we came into this world with nothing and we leave it as such. There is no 'other side', we are merely a quark within the infinity that is the universe. Our species is dominant now, but our time of dominance will end - it is evolution and we are powerless to stop it.

Black and Death metal are not forms of music in YOUR EYES. If that's your opinion then fair enough. But pussified pathetic losers? I do believe you're looking in the mirror...

--------------------

Hail Santa...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan