Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » Black Metal Is A Pile Of Dog Shit (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Black Metal Is A Pile Of Dog Shit
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 23, 2004 21:00     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post
quote:
mmmmmmmmmmmm... Dupont

NO, its Dimmu Borgir

So tell me, all you Europeans -

do people actually buy this crap ?

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 24, 2004 04:14     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Dimmu Borgir? No. They're not very good.

Immortal, Emperor, Mayhem, The Meads of Asphodel, etc. however, are very good, and certainly worth listening to. Whether it's the fusion of dark atmospherics, melodic precision and outright intensity of "In the Nightside Eclipse" or the "fuck, my head's exploded" of the first three Morbid Angel albums, you're missing out on a lot.

I will agree, however, that Deicide are not much cop, at all.

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted June 24, 2004 06:04     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
yeah, like I said before you have the right not to like them but claiming that Emperor and (to a lesser extent of course) Dimmu Borgir are total shit is just plain nonsense...

pls get back to us when your musical knowledge has grown... this will perhaps help you gain a slight touch of objectivity... assuming youre not stupid that is...

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 24, 2004 10:42     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
np: Skatenigs - Stupid People Shouldn't Breed.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted June 24, 2004 11:12     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Gorf:
It's good to have diversity, Black Metal is just another type of music...and lots of people seem to like it (so why not respect their musical tastes?).
What sounds good for you may not sound good to others...and vice-versa.
Who says your definitions of good and bad music are 100% correct!?

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 24, 2004 11:51     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 24, 2004 11:54     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted June 24, 2004 12:19     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Stop doing that with your eyes Gorf

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 24, 2004 12:26     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post
Doesn't it bother people that some of these
dorks are real satanists ?

If you buy an album by a guy who burns churchs and beats up gays and minorities,
kind of makes you a pig, eh?

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 24, 2004 13:17     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Not at all. Listening to music is not necessarily condoning the actions of the creators.

Satanism is no more silly than any other religion. They're all meaningless bullshit concocted by superstitious whackos.

And there are plenty of people outside of Death/Black metal who've done the same or worse things.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 24, 2004 13:22     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post
Trust me. You're a pig.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 24, 2004 13:30     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:
Doesn't it bother people that some of these
dorks are real satanists ?

If you buy an album by a guy who burns churchs and beats up gays and minorities,
kind of makes you a pig, eh?

Answer 1: No. To each his own beliefs. I don't insist on having the same beliefs and convictions as the artists I like to listen to. Most of this Satanism is just a shock element anyway. Metal never was supposed to be cheerful.

Answer 2: No, again. Musicians are musicians, not role models. I met some black metal musicians and they were not all as evil as you might have suspected. They bought their fish at supermarkets as well.

On an earlier accusation: I am not a rascist. To me all humans are bags full of flesh, guts, blood and shit. Some of 'em even have brains.

What I like about Death/Black Metal is the intensity, energy, aggression, atmosphere and the amount of churches they have burnt.

Nothing wrong with goat perversion or virgin worship either. They didn't deserve better. And molesting dead corpses? I never heard one of them complain. And none of them got pregnant unwanted either at our fullmoon orgies.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 24, 2004 13:57     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post
Arnold Ziffel says - "Oink Oink"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 24, 2004 14:19     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
Metal never was supposed to be cheerful.

...and the amount of churches they have burnt.

Nothing wrong with goat perversion or virgin worship either.

All hail the goat! I'm laughing my pig-ass off right now...snort, snort, snort!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 24, 2004 14:55     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Would you like to be covered in the blood of Jesus?

Kurze
VoivodFan
Member # 318

posted June 24, 2004 15:39     Profile for Kurze   Email Kurze     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
this guy did it first and got it right. And he was smart enuff to know when to quit, that means before Alice Cooper started ripping him off

Kurze
VoivodFan
Member # 318

posted June 24, 2004 15:46     Profile for Kurze   Email Kurze     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
And that my friend's is what we can call a statement

BlackMetal on the other hand, is just a pile of dogshit

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 24, 2004 16:06     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post
What about this originator ?
To all you folks from Cleveland, and the Detroit area - Hiya Gang, Hiya Hiya Hiya !

Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 24, 2004 16:50     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
this thread has convinced me to never buy the artistic works of Christians, haha.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 24, 2004 17:24     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 24, 2004 17:45     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post
Even Cronos from Venom weighs in -

"They have crossed the line," he told Orcustus Magazine. But it was a bit late for regrets. Many of Cronos' young fans, like Vikernes, had come to relish the evil that for Cronos was merely an act.

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=308

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 24, 2004 17:48     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
JUST A PILE OF POOP

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 24, 2004 18:58     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
sounds like a great Anal Cunt song...

"You and Cronos Care About Churches (You're Gay)"

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 24, 2004 19:22     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
The House of the Lord

Praise Hail Satan!

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted June 24, 2004 22:53     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post
Alright, we get it, you don't like Black Metal alright?

Jeez, not like you are going to stop anyone from listening to Black Metal.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan