my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Lurker no more! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Lurker no more!
Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 06, 2013 08:42     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey you lot!

I've been reading/lurking on this board for years, actually got a membership in 2010 and have only made about 7 posts since then!

I was a little shy to try and break into an obviously tight knit community, but since getting to know some of you via *whisper it* Facebook, I thought it would be fun to get to know more of you via this forum.

Anyway, I'm Simone, just turned 40, live in Leeds, England, and Voivod have been my favourite band since my pal Rick first handed me a tape of Nothingface when I was 16. That tape changed my life. I have to admit to being a little confused for a while as there were two more song titles than there were songs on the tape - I finally figured out that "Cosmic Sausage" and "Interstitial Blackboard" were the interlopers! Oh, how Rick and I laughed!

Anyway, that's quite enough for now, but say hi and tell me a little about yourself, if you can be bothered. Feel free to ask me questions too!

xo

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

|  IP: Logged
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted February 06, 2013 09:36     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was about time!!
Welcome to this mental asylum Simone. Now you won't feel alone or awkward anymore

... And by the way: you already have access to all the embarrasing details of my life through kakabook, so no need to introduce myself.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 06, 2013 10:54     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Simone!

Currently, I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico a place now known round the World due to Breaking Bad.

I work for a museum/cultural center. My boss is a cunt (there's a surprise!), but I do like my work.

Originally from Isleta Pueblo, about 15-20 minutes south of my beloved 'Burque. I'm a typical New Mexican Mutt. Pueblo, Navajo and most likely Spanish, Mexican and maybe even Hopi, but that is not a positive.

I live a rather boring ass life here as an owner of one dog (Keva) and one cat (Barry). I dislike having a roommate, but currently live with a rather oldish, mostly drunk one, who thankfully I RARELY see.

My brother and sister are on this board as well. My sister is hypergrrl and my brother is slugbutt. They both rule and have sickeningly good memories whereas mine is shite!

Currently, I am at work listening to an interview with Away. I hope to meet you in person someday. Glad to have met you via Paul. Okay. Back to work for me.

Hope to see you on here more often.

Kind regards,

Luna

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted February 06, 2013 11:02     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Simone, hello and welcome.

I'm hex, and I'm a hex of this board. As all other supernatural things such as spells and jinxes, I don't really exist, I'm just a product of your superstitions.

Rant on.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted February 06, 2013 12:40     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome!!

Thanks to Hex I have my original handle back .

Cheers!

FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted February 06, 2013 12:51     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
By the way, I'm still in Indianapolis, IN, I signed up here 10+ years ago, mostly because this is my favorite Voivod site.

Anyway, Target Earth has taken me back to what I originally loved about Voivod. This new record is inspiring, so I felt it was time to start posting more...haha!

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted February 06, 2013 13:44     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to the "Morgoth Virtual Science Hospital-Hypercube" Sector YB1!! it's just my imaginative and cheeky way of sincerely welcoming u to this site!! The other internetizens here are very astute and friendly..also fun to talk with as well...I'm from Houston, over 35 yrs old...been into Voivod since 1985 and counting...the new album conquers over all...dark like before!!!

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 06, 2013 15:03     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha hey Igor! Thanks so much, fella! I love your kakabook profile

AMY! I would totally love to meet up with you one day - we should have a VVF Ladies Aux meeting sometime. You, me, Alysa, your sis, Ivor... Who else is there? I didn't know your bro posts here too - what an awesome family!

Hex - I like that you exist only in our collective imaginations. Very Voivodian. You are obviously a magical creature if you could get Fantastic Planet's original handle back...

Fantastic Planet - so did you have another handle on here between first having this one and having it again now? I'm definitely encouraging you to start posting here more, cos I intend to do that too. I also feel that way about Target Earth. It's blown my mind.

neutronboy2000 - a sincere welcome is sincerely appreciated! I am very happy to have joined the "Morgoth Virtual Science Hospital-Hypercube" Sector YB1!!!

Can I just say how lovely it is to be made welcome like this?! Voivod fans are the BEST. Well, duh!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 06, 2013 16:28     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi, there Simone!

Welcome (back) to the losersclub...

This is my favorite site on the whole internet.

One day no Voivodfan.com one day not lived!!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 06, 2013 16:51     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Paul! Much appreciated!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 06, 2013 18:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi this is LUNA's (aka AMY) boss, the cunt... oh wait, no I'm not.

I'm just SCHROEDER, the stupid fucker that buys way too many cds and records. One of the original dropouts from the "other site"
hence my really cool low number, which is the one thing in life I am the most proud of

I live in the amazing first state of DELAWARE in the USA where there's so many fun things happening every minute of the day, that I choose to stay inside my house and purchase everything online so I don't burst with excitement from taking part in all that Delaware has to offer.

I am also very good at making up stupid stories that are irrelevant and meaningless, just to hear myself laugh so I feel like someone else is around. It breaks up the monotony of my miserable life. So do all the freaks that pollute this fine forum.

Welcome.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 06, 2013 18:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smione:

AMY! I would totally love to meet up with you one day - we should have a VVF Ladies Aux meeting sometime. You, me, Alysa, your sis, Ivor... Who else is there?

megz, nia...bloody hell, who am I missing?

--------------------

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted February 06, 2013 21:37     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
megz, nia...bloody hell, who am I missing?

Voivodgals? Mat the villain, dotrot_thrash (she haven't posted in a almost a year, where's she?). Both from Queen EII's little home island as well, if my memory serves me right. There were some more regulars but they abandoned ship much earlier.

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted February 07, 2013 02:05     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome in our little Hypercube Simone. Nice to see you here too, after our meet up on Fartbook

Btw: I'm from the land of the worst liquid (Heineken), Dynamo Open Air and Roadburn ;-)

Cheers!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 07, 2013 05:29     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder - that made me laugh. I wanna hear some of your stories! I've seen you on Farcebook - may friend you up on there too, if that's OK. You really know how to sell Delaware to a girl ;-)

Hex - Mat the villain is the Ivor I mentioned (Ivor Wobblie is her FB name) and she lives in London. Dotrot_thrash is Alysa who I mentioned - she lives in Wisconsin and is awesome and already a good pal of mine. I need to encourage her to post more again instead of spending all her time gazing at Away's eyebrows!

Luna - I don't know Megz and Nia. Is Megz Mrs. Stromquist?

I am guessing that DBC is Meester Schoolmeesters? That's a pretty good land to be from, I'd say! Thanks for the welcome :-D

I'd be interested to know what all of your favourite Voivod album is (if you have a favourite!). I think it tells a little about the character, haha! Mine is Nothingface (it's actually my all time favourite album from any band), but Target Earth is fast catching up right now!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 07, 2013 07:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, Smione!!

I am Paul Scheers from the Netherlands. I live one hour drive from DBC.

I have wife, 2 boys (15 yrs old and 12 yrs old). I love Voivod, any kind of thrash metal, lotta old skool stuff, Meshuggah etc. I play guitar of the worst kind but have fun at it. Play in a band named Horsemen.

I am a mechanical engineer (my boss is also a cunt... it is myself haha).

And I am eating a sandwich with letters, cheese, ham, tomato, pickles, egg.

Now we need to know what you look like. All Voivodian girls on here look fine!!

--------------------

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 07, 2013 07:16     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Paul! Good to hear more about you! I have seen you on Farcebook too, so you may get a friend request on there soon - then you can see what I look like, but I warn you that it's not very exciting, haha!

I play bass of a fairly bad kind, but am not in a band at the moment. Nerdy Voivod fan faxt - my first bass was named Blacky, haha!

The bit about your boss was funny!!! So you have a mechanical mind, huh?

Your sandwich has a lot of fillings - I am impressed! I am bout to go eat some boring tinned soup for my lunch. Boooooo.

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted February 07, 2013 09:17     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, Voivod fans are the best !

BTW, I live in Indianapolis, IN, I play guitar in an all instrumental progressive type metal/rock group with stylings from Voivod, rush, Rein Sanction, Don Caballero, etc..I was in a stoner rock type band called Devil To Pay for 3-4 years and recorded one record with them. I spend a long time with my dog, and my friends. I'm kind of boring these days really...hahaha!

Like many here, I'm still a huge Voivod fan!

Cheers to all!

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 07, 2013 09:40     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FantasticPlanet - your current band sounds great! What are you called?

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 07, 2013 11:10     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Luna - I don't know Megz and Nia. Is Megz Mrs. Stromquist?

Yes. MMMMEEEEHHHHHGGGGGZZZZZZ!

--------------------

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 07, 2013 11:12     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha

And I've just realised that Nia is the lady that did the awesome interview with Blacky from around 2002 (I think) that's somewhere on here - from when he looked all suave with his short hair and suit. Is that right?

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 07, 2013 13:22     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So glad you're finally here!

I've been away far too long, gang. I guess I get in funks of thinking no one cares so I disappear. Typical me...but I'll post more now, promise!

PS. While I know alot of you, it's interesting to read each persons little story about themselves. Cool!

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 07, 2013 13:24     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You'd better!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted February 07, 2013 13:44     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Hahaha

And I've just realised that Nia is the lady that did the awesome interview with Blacky from around 2002 (I think) that's somewhere on here - from when he looked all suave with his short hair and suit. Is that right?

Yes, that's her alright.
Nia aka noitall (as opposed to D.N.A., go figure), used to keep this forum alive and fun place to be between 2002 and 200X... what, 6,7,8? Damn, time flies.

"A forum needs regular 'stupid pic of the day' threads to be alive" (c) Nia

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 07, 2013 14:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dotrot_thrash:
I guess I get in funks of thinking no one cares so I disappear. Typical me...

Ha, no need to worry bout that round here. From what I've gathered since I'm here every Monday-Friday (hahaha, no computer at home for the weekends!) many of us have migrated to fuckbook. I have to say though that I admire the hell outta those who absolutely refuse to have a page there, so we get to keep in touch with those folks here.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan