my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Lurker no more! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Lurker no more!
hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted February 07, 2013 15:10     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No fistfuckbook, that's right Lu.

--------------------

Casper, your friendly ghost

|  IP: Logged
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted February 07, 2013 16:00     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Siminione,

I kinda feel like introducing myself too,

I'm Angel Rat aka Angel Rat, I used to post here often, but nowadays I'm lazy and only post when I got absolutely nothing useful to say.

I'm from the most exciting part of Holland (the really watery part) and I'm an allround drunk and vinyl fetishist. Also I thoroughly hate Faecesbook.

I like Voivod, old prog, nwobhm, old metal in general, doom metal, Voivod, Black Sabbath and Voivod. Also Monty Python and bad horror movies. And Voivod ('Dimension Hatross' is my fav)

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 07, 2013 16:22     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Angel Rat! I like being Siminione!!!

Another Dutch poster, eh? Dutch folk seem to have great taste...

So if you like NWOBHM do you like The Beyond? I used to love them but haven't heard them in so long.

And if you like bad horror movies, do you like Evilspeak? COOPERSMITH!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 07, 2013 16:47     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dotrot_thrash:
So glad you're finally here!

I've been away far too long, gang. I guess I get in funks of thinking no one cares so I disappear. Typical me...but I'll post more now, promise!

PS. While I know alot of you, it's interesting to read each persons little story about themselves. Cool!

Well welcome back DOTROT THRASH!!!
So it takes Smione to come out of hiding to get you to come back, huh? Whatever works.
We're going to hold you to this promise. Besides I need a few more posting in the "What cds have you purchased lately" thread so I feel better about everything I buy.

glad you're back.

--------------------

yawn

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted February 07, 2013 17:03     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smione:
So if you like NWOBHM do you like The Beyond?

You mean this The Beyond? Great band, but it's more progressive rather than just NWOBHM, don't you think?

--------------------

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 07, 2013 17:06     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hexonut - Yes, that's them! I definitely think they're weird prog stuff but they were always classed as NWOBHM over here, for some weird reason!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 07, 2013 17:08     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awe schroeder! Hehe, I honestly had no clue that so many people noticed I hadn't posted in a while.

We'll keep the CD purchasing in full swing! I just got a few things lastnight, but I might pick up a couple others today. Junkie...

hexonut
VoivodFan
Member # 73

posted February 07, 2013 17:10     Profile for hexonut   Email hexonut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
err... maybe because they were "new", "british", "heavy" and "metal"?
Thanks for reminding, perhaps time to spin those two albums again.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 07, 2013 18:11     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And yet again, thanks for introducing me to something I've never heard before. Listening to The Beyond on youtube...great shite.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 08, 2013 12:18     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ms. Luna - glad you like 'em!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted February 08, 2013 14:30     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's been a while since I heard some The Beyond. Nice strange little band that. Thanks for reminding me to listen to their stuff again.

I haven't seen Evilspeak yet, I'm curious though.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 09, 2013 00:44     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Hi this is LUNA's (aka AMY) boss, the cunt... oh wait, no I'm not.

quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
Hey, Smione!!

I am a mechanical engineer (my boss is also a cunt... it is myself haha).

And I am eating a sandwich with letters, cheese, ham, tomato, pickles, egg.

Okay, that's twice in one night! I woke up my husband laughing at these Obviously, I've been spending too much time on FB. By the way Paul, are those 'letters' on your sandwich Alphabet Soup!?

And on to Simone! Hello, I see you've already heard about me, but in addition, I also live in New Mexico (back after 13 years away in San Francisco, Portland (OR) and Portland (ME) USA). I've got a cool and hilarious 6 year old girl who refused to listen to Target Earth the other day, buy don't worry, I'm working on it ) I work full time and am getting so old that I'm in bed by 8 or 9 most nights.

And I agree with Luna, my siblings are way cool. My favorite Voivod album? KT, DH, Nothingface, AR, TOL, Infini, TARGET EARTH.

Welcome aboard!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 09, 2013 14:48     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What does "Smione" mean?

Just a testament to the the fact that we are all fugged up when we initially join the board lol

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 09, 2013 18:52     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DOH! Sorry, got your name totally wrong, Smione!
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 09, 2013 18:56     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OH, like song, "Smile on Me!!!"

--------------------

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 10, 2013 15:03     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Hypergrrl! Nice to meet the sister of the amazing Amy!

To you and Newclear Infusion - my name is actually Simone, but my username is Smione. It's just a stupid joke between my me and my husband from when I used to type too fast and type my own name wrong - nothing exciting...

Hypergrrl - is the 'grrl' part of your name anything to do with riot grrrl? Cos I'm an old riot grrrl! The only metal loving riot grrrl I know, sadly - there must be more of us out there!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 10, 2013 17:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was my first thought on Hypergrrrl's name.... although I am not and have never been a riot grrrl... that I know of

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 10, 2013 19:21     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So what is a riot grrl, someone that listens to L7 and all that haha?

Sorry forgot to introduce myself! I'm John I mean Nuclear Infusion, Texas transplant living in Seattle, Voivod fan since '89 (I woulda been sooner but I guess you have to hear them before you can claim that lol). I hang out with Lemmy in the basement...

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 10, 2013 21:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RIOT GRRRL

everything you needed to know, and really didn't care about!!!

--------------------

yawn

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 10, 2013 22:40     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the link, Schroeder. I had heard the term before, but was never sure what it was all about. So Simone, I guess that answers your question! 'hyper' from my favorite Voivod song (ever), that I bet you all can figure out, and 'grrl' is just because I'm a girl. Nothing too deep or meaningful
Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 11, 2013 01:27     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hypergrrl - we have the same favourite ever Voivod song! *high five* haha!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted February 11, 2013 10:19     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh man - i can't believe you guys are able to pick just ONE favorite vod song!

i might have posted this on here before, but since everyone else did it i'll give a little bio about me.

I'm Alysa a 26 (nearly 27) year old music junkie, drummer, vegetarian, and artist. I live in Wisconsin with my 2 cats who are like my babies. They love metal as well and get super nuts when it plays.
I first got into voivod at age 14 when I watched a VHS tape of Hard N Heavy Thrash Metal Speed Special. I bought it for the Kreator bit on there, and was introduced to a couple of bands I hadn't heard yet. One of them was Voivod. I bought Killing Tech the next day and the rest is history. Everyone probably knows I have a mad crush on Away. Sorry, but it's true.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 11, 2013 11:01     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dotrot_thrash:
Everyone probably knows I have a mad crush on Away. Sorry, but it's true.

I think you need to elaborate...(eyebrows)....

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 11, 2013 11:06     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smione:
\
we should have a VVF Ladies Aux meeting sometime. You, me, Alysa, your sis, Ivor... Who else is there?

Okay, this bothered me all weekend and I almost, ALMOST came in to work to use the computer (HAHA!)...I forgot, and how the hell could I forget?!?!? 317537!!!!!!

Ahem, that would be Leslie. Sooooo sorry. Ugh. And, by the way, where are you? I hope you are alright.

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 13, 2013 14:35     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
RIOT GRRRL

everything you needed to know, and really didn't care about!!!

Oh cool, I sorta know Sleater-Kinney, they're really nice peeps. They forgot to mention Seven Year Bitch, I think you can lump them into there.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan