my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Lurker no more! (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Author Topic: Lurker no more!
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 13, 2013 14:38     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
317537!!!!!!

What is that, like Saint Patrick's birth date??

--------------------

|  IP: Logged
VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted February 14, 2013 02:28     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Okay, this bothered me all weekend and I almost, ALMOST came in to work to use the computer ...I forgot, and how the hell could I forget?!?!?

Indeed!

The Warrior of Mice is too shocked & appalled to reply, and will simply give you the death stare instead:

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 14, 2013 11:14     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Yeah. I deserve that look!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted February 15, 2013 08:57     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Warrior of Mice made me laugh!

Hi Leslie! *waves*

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 15, 2013 12:26     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello Smione! Always great to see lurkers taking a more vocal place here.

I'm 42 and live in the drunken city of New Orleans.

I work as an on-set scenic for film and TV, and to this day am the only person I've ever seen on a movie set wearing Voivod shirts. I once caught Michael Caine when he tripped, and that old fuck cursed me out anyway, in front of the whole crew.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 18, 2013 11:09     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
I once caught Michael Caine when he tripped, and that old fuck cursed me out anyway, in front of the whole crew.

Seriously? Oh man, haha.

--------------------

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 18, 2013 11:28     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Seriously? Oh man, haha.

Oh yeah, seriously. It was the day before his birthday last year. He didn't even thank me for saving him from a broken hip certainty.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 18, 2013 12:00     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He must have felt like a douche then. Damn. I have a friend here who paints sets for films...she likes it alright but has to breathe in lots of awful fumes.

--------------------

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 18, 2013 12:53     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
He must have felt like a douche then. Damn. I have a friend here who paints sets for films...she likes it alright but has to breathe in lots of awful fumes.

I still do some set painting. Gotta make sure you wear a respirator. Hence my avatar pic. Mostly though, I get to handle the "paint emergencies" while filming is taking place.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 18, 2013 13:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha, alright, now I get it. Yeah, I'm sure she owns one of those too.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 19, 2013 01:33     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I work as an on-set scenic for film and TV, and to this day am the only person I've ever seen on a movie set wearing Voivod shirts.

Haha, nice! I once worked on a Kip Winger music video back in the mid-1990s and wore Voivod shirts for both days of production. He kept eyeballing the shirts, but never said anything about them. Was kind of a fun gig, actually, despite having to hear that Winger song over and over. Kip Winger never yelled at me either, though that would have been funny, haha.

Hey Smione! A belated welcome to Voivodfan.com! My name is Mike and I live in the Seattle area with my wife and 2 kids. I work as a Producer and mostly make videos for Microsoft, but occasionally other stuff too. Long time Voivodfan (since RrroooaaarrR), amd fan/collector of all kinds of weird music.

Funny how a common love for a an offbeat back like Voivod can make for such a chilled out little community. Don't know how the vibe around here has managed to stay so cool for all these years, but it does. Now you are "one of us" haha! Cheers!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 19, 2013 16:14     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newclear infusion:
What is that, like Saint Patrick's birth date??

Looks like LESLIE upside-downy and all backerds-like.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 19, 2013 16:39     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

I see the light!!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 19, 2013 17:55     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhh, good eye, good eye

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted February 21, 2013 11:46     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Yeah!

Rich
VoivodFan
Member # 1481

posted February 26, 2013 12:26     Profile for Rich   Email Rich     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys

Rich here, 40 years old, from Bolton in the UK, and a fan of Voivod since I was 16.

I bought Rrrrooooaaaaaaaarrr and Killing Technology, and followed the bands career for a few years, and then in the last few years I've been listening to them more than ever! I love pretty much every album they've done.

As well as being a Voivod fan, I like a wide range of Metal and Hard Rock. I don't listen to much in the way of black metal or death metal, but I can appreciate the skill involved in playing those styles well.

I have a radio show on a radio station here in the UK, and I play a mix of classic rock and metal, some thrash, power metal, traditional metal, doom, melodic rock and southern rock.

I also play in a band called Greyhound Bridge, which is influenced by Thin Lizzy, UFO, AC/DC, Priest, Maiden, that kind of thing. I've been gigging since I was 14. I've played with a lot of unknown bands, and one or two that are a little more widely known (I played with Atomkraft at a gig in 2011, and I've played with a guy who was in Sparks, Martin Gordon, who played bass on "This Town Ain't Big Enough FOr Both Of Us" - his music is a mix of cheap trick and insane prog!).

I'm looking forward to hanging out with you all on here, it's a very cool forum!

Cheers!
Rich

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted February 26, 2013 15:27     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to this lovely mental asylum Rich!!... hope to meet you to share some beverages and laughs for the next VVF meeting!!!
Greetz!
Igor from Chile, southamerica (a.k.a. the ass of the world)

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 03, 2013 08:37     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello, my name is Lee and I live in SC not too far from Cthon. Has he posted on this thread yet? For work I sell real estate and for fun play guitar, listen to great music, and occasionally make extremely stupid comments on here.
I miss the old days of this forum.

Smione
VoivodFan
Member # 1196

posted March 03, 2013 13:02     Profile for Smione   Email Smione     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on here for a while - had crazy work deadlines, and for some reason my email started sending notifications from here to my spam - grrr!

Nothingface (named after my favourite ever LP!) - I love your Michael Caine story - what a douchehammer! Oh, and hi!

X-D/Mike - thanks for the lovely welcome - and I'm very happy to be "one of you", haha!

Hey Rich - hooray, another Northerner (though from the wrong side of the Pennines, heheh!). Sounds like we've been Voivod fans for pretty much the same amount of time (we're both 40 and we both got into them at 16). Were you at the Voivod gig in Manchester in August 2010? If so, we might have seen each other. I didn't get to the Manchester gig last year - I was lucky enough that they played my hometown of Leeds instead.

Hey Mezcalhead/Lee! I don't think Cthon has posted on this thread yet. Extremely stupid comments are all good!

--------------------

WE ARE CONNECTED

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan