my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » london blasts (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: london blasts
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted July 07, 2005 06:56     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's been several explosions in London today - a couple of them right down the road from where i work:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 07, 2005 07:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?????

Glad you are alright

--------------------

yawn

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 07, 2005 07:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
6 underground train explosions and one bus apparently. They're talking about maximum disruption and minimum casualties, but it's still fucked up.
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted July 07, 2005 07:25     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
here's one of the buses

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 07, 2005 08:06     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope all you London dwellers are okay. Keep safe, y'hear me?

No warnings, no intelligence, several consecutive blasts in the heart of the capital... looks like I was right about all these wonderful "anti-terror" measures after all.

Looks like the emergency services have responded well, though.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 07, 2005 10:36     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Latest reports say that about 33 people have been killed, 40+ have been "seriously" or "critically" injured, and 300 have suffered "minor" wounds.
Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 07, 2005 10:41       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Head Villian,you o.k.?
IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 07, 2005 10:42     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm glad youre both alright.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 07, 2005 11:02     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When i heard the news just earlier...i was worried about all the U.K. people on here.
Happy that H & Nell are ok.
Hope that Head Villain is ok too.

My heart goes out to the victims and theyre families.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 07, 2005 11:20     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's terrible, I saw it on the local news.

Good to know H and Nell are alright, still waitin' to know about HeadVillain, hope she's okay as well.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 07, 2005 11:29     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's just very sad. Hope every voivodfans in London are okay...

Sad thing is that, this morning, all the paper headlines are "London is celebrating!" (because of the olympics). Those headlines were written before the infortunate events and now it's just weird...

(btw, i drive a hybrid car at work, and it's reeeeally cool. down with oil! up with alternative energies!)

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 07, 2005 11:35     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez, if you want to discuss politics and the wider implications of terrorism, take it to Tech. Manip. When I say "anti-terror measures", I'm referring to the draconian laws our government is forcing upon us, which have failed miserably today.

I'll also note that nobody knows who is responsible yet, or the rationale behind the attack. It's suspected to be to coincide with G8, but that's it, so I'll thank you not to go running off your mouth about things before we know the details. The investigation's only just begun.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 07, 2005 11:38     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is awful news. Disgusting. I hope all the Londoners from VVF are okay. Got some friends on other BBs that are from the area too. I hope they are okay as well.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 07, 2005 11:42     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Most of my London buddies are alright, just worrying about how they're going to get home today. Lots of wild rumours flying around, though, it's still hard to get a grasp on what's actually happened. Some reports say there was a controlled explosion a while back, others say there wasn't, etc.

London's used to this kind of thing by now - having had a long, long history of bombings, hostage takings etc. There's apparently not been much panic, the emergency services responded well, and things should be running again by tomorrow. I love Britain sometimes.

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted July 07, 2005 12:37     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm pretty sure HV will be okay - i think she's self employed, so chances are she wouldn't be out in the rush-hour office traffic like the rest of us.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 07, 2005 12:47     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lyckantropen:
Mez, if you want to discuss politics and the wider implications of terrorism, take it to Tech. Manip. When I say "anti-terror measures", I'm referring to the draconian laws our government is forcing upon us, which have failed miserably today.

I'll also note that nobody knows who is responsible yet, or the rationale behind the attack. It's suspected to be to coincide with G8, but that's it, so I'll thank you not to go running off your mouth about things before we know the details. The investigation's only just begun.

Well stated, sir. I do tend to shoot from the hip sometimes without thinking. I was in a hurry this morn so flew off the handle after seeing your phrase 'anti-terror measures'......I will delete the aforementioned post and lie in wait to pounce on my favorite brit schoolboy when he shows up in tech manip. (Please elaborate on the laws you were referring to over there, I'm curious)

Awful time for Londoners but they shall recover and come out of this for the better.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 07, 2005 13:00     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?????

Glad you are alright

what he said.

Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 07, 2005 14:21       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what kind of proof do you need?maybe you'll get lucky and someone will blow you up.
I wish those 40 dead would stop fake'n it and those 700 injured too.

IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 07, 2005 14:29     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gorf, fuck off. kthx, byby.

Mez: S'okay. Lord knows I stick my foot in my mouth enough.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 07, 2005 15:32     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Goodbye gorf.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 07, 2005 16:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have nothing to say.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 07, 2005 16:37     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is really fucked up.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 07, 2005 17:41     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:
I want more proof.

whats it going to take ? some bombs to end up on our doorstep or on our school busses ?

I am glad also everyone so far is ok, its a sad day for sure. I also think London will not shake this off and get up and running again tomorrow as one has stated, there is just no way anyone could be used to this type of thing. But i can say for sure that the arabs of the world are getting a bad rap over these repeated attacks... shit even a cambodian i work with and amongst others are worse than us rednecks about being biased.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 07, 2005 17:59     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I also think London will not shake this off and get up and running again tomorrow as one has stated, there is just no way anyone could be used to this type of thing.

You watch.

Sure, it's gonna leave scars, I'm not saying it won't. Quite possibly a lot of people will skip work tomorrow, and I can't blame them. But it's happened before, many, many times, and London has kept on going. Most Brits just aren't the sort of people to get scared into a little hole by things like this. If you want a good example, look at the stock market. Plummetted by 180 points just after the attacks, then fought back 110 during the day.

There's no point in running scared. Life goes on, may as well live it. London has great things to look forward to, and I just can't see things grinding to a shuddering halt because of this.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 07, 2005 19:45     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mass transit was an easy target, I'm surprised that it wasn't implemented sooner by the terrorists. I'm from around the Seattle, Washington area...we have the largest running fleet of ferry-boats in the nation...perhaps we're next???

It's all fucked up!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan