my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » london blasts (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: london blasts
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 07, 2005 23:40     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Geez man, sorry to hear about this. I hope all you Brits and your loved ones are OK.

This shit has got to stop.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

|  IP: Logged
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted July 08, 2005 02:37     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad that my friends are all safe.

Revenge is human so it won't certainly not be the last attack, I think Canada is on the list also.

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted July 08, 2005 05:27     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
I also think London will not shake this off and get up and running again tomorrow as one has stated, there is just no way anyone could be used to this type of thing.

WRONG. Pretty much everything's back to normal around here except it was easier to get into work this morning and i got a seat on the train.
People here don't have the 'dramatic' (for want of a better word) reaction to shit like this that the Americans do/did - probably cause a terrorist attack had never happened to them before, but i think mostly because Londoners just behave a certain way due to just....i dunno...the lifestyle in this city, i suppose!
I know that living in London for the last 5 years has definitely changed my behaviour - i think i'm both more rude and more friendly to people than i used to be....

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 08, 2005 07:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That makes complete sense to me. You become used to anything if you live in a situation, no mayyer if it's tornados, flooding, or terrorist. You adapt to the situation and realize it's an unfortunate part of life where you live, and deal with it. The fucked up part is that terrorist acts are not a natural occurance and should NOT be happening.... tornados, hurricanes, flooding, etc is something you don't have control over and you either deal with it as part of life or move somewhere else.

Americans are used to natural disasters, but not mass killing brought about by some fucked up religious organization... so when that happens, especially on a large scale like 9/11 it really throws us off, but also gives a glimpse of what the rest of the world unfortunatley lives with on a daily basis.

Either way, it's FUCKED UP and needs to end, for peace in the world. Yeah, I know... it's never happen, there will always be radical assholes who think this is how they show they have power

--------------------

yawn

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 08, 2005 09:00     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still no news of Head Villain?
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 08, 2005 10:22     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Still no news of Head Villain?

she's been on my mind as well.

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted July 08, 2005 11:25     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I keep checking this thread to see if she has posted yet. Hope everything is ok.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 08, 2005 11:35     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got an email from her other half. No mention of anything out of the ordinary, so I guess they're ok.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 08, 2005 11:38     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's good to hear. As I say, take care of yourselves, guys.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted July 08, 2005 12:17     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some 'power surge' that's all I have to say! Glad to see vvf peeps from London are ok. Selfish I know but am I glad I live in the far south west of England!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 08, 2005 12:20     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad to know all of our London VVFs are okay.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 08, 2005 12:32     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good!

I am even happy that my favorite Knickerdude is ok.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 08, 2005 12:40     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bah! He's further away from London than I am!
Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 08, 2005 13:53       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Head Villian hasnt been to her myspace for several days either.
I emailed her to see if she is o.k.

those idiots better hope they didnt take out a Voivodian

IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 08, 2005 20:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it's weird coming to this forum and not seeing one of Head Villians demented posts or topic... especially since I'm the one who invited her to this place after someone posted a pic of her VV tat.

Sure hope everything is alright with our favorite crazy VVF lady... OK all the ladies here are crazy and all are our favorite... hope to see one of her usual posts SOON!!!!

--------------------

yawn

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted July 09, 2005 06:47     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
I just got an email from her other half. No mention of anything out of the ordinary, so I guess they're ok.

GOOD

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 09, 2005 09:46     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm sure everything's ok with our resident lunatic lady.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 09, 2005 12:48     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
I'm sure everything's ok with our resident lunatic lady.

Good to hear that, I was beginning to...

(...to amass a vast armory of futuristic, sub-nuclear anti-terrorist weapons )

uhh... to WORRY! Yeah, that's the ticket, I was WORRIED.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 09, 2005 18:33     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks guys. The tubes were certainly quieter than usual today for a Saturday. I think the death toll may be up to around 70 now, think they are still searching the train tracks.
Thankfully it wasn't anything as bad as 7/11, & thankfully everyone I know is ok. Sorry I didn't post sooner!

--------------------

String em up

Supercharged Ultimate LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 09, 2005 19:52       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad to see you are o.k. but not so happy about the Londoners who didnt make it
IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 09, 2005 20:12     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is one of the reasons I still love this community. We care.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 09, 2005 21:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
feel the love brothas and sistas

nice to see you're alright HV... were you just lurking around to see the overwhelming concern we all had for you?

nah, that's impossible you couldn't last in front of the computer at VVF for 5 minutes without posting something vulgar

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 10, 2005 16:02     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh, at least we beat the s to the Olympics...

--------------------

String em up

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 13, 2005 00:46     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
group hug! glad y'all are ok.
Love the site HV.
"I cun't spell"

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted July 21, 2005 08:55     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...here we go again...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4703777.stm

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan