my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » london blasts (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: london blasts
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 21, 2005 18:12     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
its strange how just last night i was sitting upstairs talking to my roomie from India and we were discussing the blasts from 2 weeks ago... (really upsetting to him) cause he has lived in england 7yrs before coming to america. He has been telling me how india has been dealing with muslim terrorism for decades with almost no media coverage and he has explained some of the incidents that have happened which accel way beyond what were used to or "the norm". his final word on the matter was...

ya' know steve, all muslims are not terrorist most of them are really good people, but...
every terrorist is a muslim !

pretty shocking to me... his hostility. I have'nt spoken to him yet tonite.

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 21, 2005 20:21     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like they buggered it up something rotten this time. Most of the devices malfunctioned, or something - primary explosions (ie, detonators) but no secondary explosions (the actual bomb) in some of the cases - which means the police now have their hands on some of the devices. From a forensic standpoint, that's a big whoopsy for these bastards.

Couple of guys arrested, too, there was a big manhunt in a hospital by armed police, as well as around the city.

The happy thing is that it seems that barely anyone was hurt, at least not seriously. I think we can all be glad of that.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 21, 2005 20:46     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope you guys catch the son of a bitches and hang them from the street lights!
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 21, 2005 21:05     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, we will very politely and quietly extradite them to a country where THEY will hang them from the streetlights.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 21, 2005 21:27     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeh thankfully for us the bombs were made by retards so they didn't work

--------------------

String em up

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 22, 2005 06:35     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And armed police shot a man five times at a tube station just now.
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted July 22, 2005 10:55     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fukkin 'ell
It's all kicking off about 100 yards from where i'm sitting. Shitloads of cops with big machine guns! They're making arrests at the moment and apparently there's been several shots fired or possibly CS gas thrown. I saw 2 asian women being thrown to the ground and arrested by gunpoint....

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 22, 2005 11:12     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That the Harlow Road thing? It's all over the news. Apparently there are two other raids taking place at other addresses, as well. Take care.

And the police have released some frighteningly good CCTV images of four people they desperately want to question, just now.

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted July 22, 2005 11:23     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, on the Harrow Road.

Where do you find the footage of the suspects?

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 22, 2005 11:29     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706421.stm

Just released at a news conference.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 22, 2005 11:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:

ya' know steve, all muslims are not terrorist most of them are really good people, but...
every terrorist is a muslim !

pretty shocking to me... his hostility. I have'nt spoken to him yet tonite.

Not every Terrorist is a Muslim.
Muslims have nothing to gain from killing people in a U.K. Subway.

I just wish that the powers that be would stop killing theyre own people for Political gain.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 22, 2005 14:15     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah there was a suspected bomb on my bus route earlier. Some roads round here shut off also.

--------------------

String em up

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 23, 2005 23:37     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like the guy shot wasn't a terrorist at all, just some brazilian guy with a work visa working in the UK.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 24, 2005 07:34     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah. But, that begs the question - why, then, did he run from the police, dive into a tube station, leap over the ticket-turnstiles, refuse to stop and drop to the ground when challenged, and run onto the nearest train full of passengers?

It's unfortunate, but I do understand that the police have to take split second decisions which could mean the death of a lot of people.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 24, 2005 13:33     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My thoughts exactly. It was a stupid way for him to behave in the circumstances.

--------------------

String em up

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 25, 2005 00:52     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All of this "terrorist" shit disgusts me.....but that goes without saying.

Glad to see all the VVF'ers are OK.

--------------------

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted July 25, 2005 05:21     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, it's still no reason to shoot someone in the head. You expect that sort of shit to happen in America, not here.
Still, you'd think the guy would know about armed police shooting you down before they ask questions... the Brazilian police don't exactly have a spotless human rights record.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 25, 2005 07:27     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know. It was a split-second decision which had to be made. I'm no fan of shoot-to-kill policies, I think the amount of armed police we have on the streets in the UK these days is abhorrent, but I think the decision which was taken was at least understandable.

The real fault, as I see it, lies in why an innocent man was picked as a suspect, and tailed in this aggressive manner in the first place.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 25, 2005 09:03     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was just speaking to a mate of mine who works for the bbc political news team (he holds the boom mic at press conferences). He was on about how much the police shit themselves everytime someone's whips out a mobile phone - aparently they are being used to trigger the bombs. Seems like the whole town is a bit nervy right now.
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted July 25, 2005 09:32     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
I bet I could spout off hundreds of "Police head shot" countries before I worked my way to America.

I think a head shot would quickly prevent a person from detonating himself. I believe thats what the police thought they were up against. Must be stressful chasing a bomb.

Sorry man - hope i didn't cause any offence, just using America as one example. I think i saw one too many "America's Wildest Police Chases Pt. XXV" growing up!

It just doesn't make any sense to me that they followed him on the bus to Stockwell before they chased him into the tube - you'd think they must've had some kind of evidence that he was carrying explosives with the intention to kill.... but obviously it was misguided.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 25, 2005 09:54     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, the first thing I heard was that he had explosives strapped to him, so he was shot in the head as this makes all the muscles go limp, to prevent him from detonating.
I still can't believe that anyone would act in such a suspicious manner, unless they were up to no good.

--------------------

String em up

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 25, 2005 12:32     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nell:
the Brazilian police don't exactly have a spotless human rights record.

I know my country's faults, thanks for reminding me. That doesn't make the "shoot to kill" policy right, though. Were the victim an Englishman, the Scotland Yard would still be wrong. The fact that the man was a brazilian is just a detail, he could be from anywhere, it was still a split-second judgment and execution. Death penalty.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 25, 2005 16:57     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with Slaytanic.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 25, 2005 17:06     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
apparantly his visa had expired, maybe that's why he ran away? also it said on the news the police followed him from his flat which they had under surveillance, now they are not sure it was the right flat..

--------------------

String em up

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 25, 2005 17:12     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As I say, that's where the real fault is. This man had nothing to do with anything, but he was suspected and tailed in this manner. That's where the fault lies.

But while the police were wrong to think he was a suicide bomber, and probably wrong to shoot before waiting just a couple of seconds when he was on the ground, the man himself was wrong to ACT like a suicide bomber.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan