my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Reviews for Target Earth thread (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 

Author Topic: Reviews for Target Earth thread
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted February 05, 2013 09:49     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Funny you mention that Hatros, because with the different cd versions and vinyl versions of the Jason era recordings I've been getting recently and listening to, I've enjoyed the songs a lot more for some reason. I liked them when they first came out, but maybe Target Earth opened my ears and mind up a bit more than usual and gave me new respect for the albums I didn't hold in as high regard as the classics (Nothingface, Dimension Hatross, The Outer Limits, Angel Rat, & Killing Technology). The more I listen to everything the more I realize how mind blowing Voivod's entire catalog is and how well all of it holds up after all these years, each in their own unique way.

I liked all 3 of the previous releases, I tuned in instantly to the guitar work... gets me space bound weightless and soaring in flight. I passed the point long ago of determining how other people may perceive VoiVod, like if I was listening to it in the shop say with maybe 20 other techs around. Same applies to other metal heads in the community trying to gauge if it was "heavy enough" ect...

Publicly I have always got the best responses from people who listen to rock (Van Halen yadda ya) via Angel Rat and Outer Limits.

"what cha listening to?" - "who's that?"

|  IP: Logged
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted February 08, 2013 22:25     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pppaaaüüülll:
You could say that I am the worst Voivod evangelist...

OMD! I'm sitting here listening to Target Earth and getting all teary-eyed reading everyone's deepest thoughts about it and I literally laugh out loud at this! THIS! And I laugh not just because it's funny as a statement, but because I'm right there with you, Paul! I never understood why, that besides me and my siblings, NONE of my friends ever got into Voivod. I am, and always will be, "that girl that likes that one band, Voivod!"

As for my review of Target Earth? Mezcalhead said it best, it's hard to put into words. For now, anyway. But if I have to say anything, I'll just say as a 26-year fan of the band, it's brilliant. From beginning to end. Brilliant.

And if you'll indulge me, as a Native American, I cannot tell you how satisfying it is to know that my favorite band of all time has not forgotten that we are still here, dammit! For the first time tonight I listened to "Kluskap O'kom" with lyric book in hand and again, I am in awe in regards to the tribute paid the the indigenous peoples of these lands. Straight from the reservation where I sit right now, I love you guys to the ends of the earth. Seriously, Snake, Blacky, Away, and Chewy, the next time you are in the beautiful Land of Enchantment, AKA New Mexico, let's take some time to explore our pueblo and our ancestral Anasazi lands. We will take you there, right, Luna?! And then you can write another great anthem honoring the Native peoples of North America!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 11, 2013 11:17     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
We will take you there, right, Luna?!

I've got a vehicle and I love going to Chaco Canyon. Hell, Bandelier is right there! Our home is, well, you live there, haha.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 15, 2013 12:07     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is anyone else hearing a brief and deliberate nod to the song "Black Sabbath" in "Empathy For The Enemy"?

I'd swear it's intentional.

neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted February 15, 2013 13:11     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Schroeder...thanks for the kind words regarding the review and I appreciate u taking the time to check it out! Kudos to Nothingface for an awesome review! Last week the deluxe boxset finally came in and I drove immediately to the record store after work to pick it up...another customer at the store was asking about the Voivod as well..he spoke highly of it! The boxset is pretty fucking cool!..The Mediabook version of the cd has two live bonus tracks..both from Roadburn 2012...: bonus cd has 2 shows from 2011..two stickers,three postcards a mini poster and a belt with the warhead on front/band logo on back ...My next "target" is the vinyl version..hope orange is available...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 15, 2013 19:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm still waiting for that orange vinyl and purple vinyl also. Just release them already!!!

Hopefully my big review for this album will be featured in a new online mag called ROCK VOLTAGE MAGAZINE. I'll post a link to it when it gets online. Or I might just paste the whole damn review right here if they don't get it up soon!!!

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 17, 2013 07:03     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN Nothingface and Neutronboy, very descriptive and interesting reviews! Albeit in two quite different writing styles haha, nice reads

I'll eventually get to forming my thoughts and translate them onto this screen, but every time I listen to the album I think of something else lol...I just need to keep a journal or something, like what some people do right after they awaken from a strange dream I'm quite content stuck in the aural dream in which they have created for me, for US THANKS again guys for sharing such musical awesomeness!!!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 19, 2013 20:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, it just came online today. Here's a great new online magazine ROCK VOLTAGE where you can read my review of Target Earth and lots of other great articles, including a good Q & A with Jason Newsted.

--------------------

yawn

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted February 21, 2013 11:48     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:

you can read my review of Target Earth

Great, Schroeder!
You did a Delmarva-lous job

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 21, 2013 13:25     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
schroeder! Great write up, even that collector weirdo bit at the end, hahaha. Cheers man!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 21, 2013 17:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
Great, Schroeder!
You did a Delmarva-lous job

LMFAO!!!
Thanks

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan