my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » How lame is this going to be? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: How lame is this going to be?
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted July 06, 2006 06:58     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Watched it tonight over here in New Zealand (we even get to vote hehe)and it certainly was quite awful.
Storm was easily the pick of the lot.
The woman who did the Janice Joplin was ok and the last guy had potential.. but needs to drop that whole emo makeup crap.
The rest were pretty bad IMO. Mostly due to the song choices... dear god some were suicide inducing.
The band/hosts were predictably inane with their commentary... including Jason who had his own cringe-worthy moments.
The only real highlight was seeing Jason wearing his VV tshirt I'm afraid.

|  IP: Logged
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted July 06, 2006 07:09     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh god. Was that awful, or what!? I had a whole list of "comments heard during" but the damn computer crashed while trying to get to the website!! Among them,

"I'm sorry for Ocean City"
"Oh god, he's snapping as applause!"
"Didn't these guys get the message that this was a hard rock band?!"
"Awwww, a Voivod T-shirt!"
"Kill me now"
"I'm disturbed. She's scary"
"He's fucking weak"
"Dave Navarrow is fucking gay!"
"Oh shit, she looked at her chords while playing!"

....and many, many, many moans and groans. I agree Schroeder and I think my words were: "The girls have more balls than the guys!" Damn, the dudes sucked. That last performer was okay, but somehow he reminded me of Geoff Tate. That was hilarious when Gilby Clark told that dumb ass that his version of Roxanne SUCKED!!! Uuugghhh, that was bad. Storm by far has my vote. Is this where I say, "Girl Power!!!"?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 06, 2006 09:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What I can't stand about reality shows is how they go back and forth between the group and then the one person involved to hear their 'feelings' on what just happened.

I tried to sit through it again. Impossible. I stopped watching when they went to the mansion for the first time and started drinking champagne(ten minutes into it). By that point I was ready to demolish my tv with an axe.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 06, 2006 09:48     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, it sucked.
Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted July 06, 2006 09:57     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Savage Animal! Oops, wrong show. Er, yeah, I agree the chicks win. I'm pulling for the short blond from NYC, Jill Gioia. I'm sure Tommy Lee will be, too! I did a little search on her and apparently she sings for TSO on occasion. And that Billy Idol guy kinda creeped me out!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 06, 2006 10:14     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So glad I was watching le Tour de France late-night coverage instead.

I'll five it 5 barf emoticoms.

Thanks for asking

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted July 06, 2006 11:08     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This show was terrible. What was with the chick who did the Nirvana song? I've never seen someone try so hard to put on her "I'm so heavy" act. Staring at the camera, not moving and then going into a spastic chicken stomp when the song picked up. All so premeditated and phony. The singing was no picnic either.

They all sound like they are trying to sing like someone else. All of the girls do that Joplin/Melissa Ethridge thing to try to sound hard rock (except for the PR girl who did Evanesence worse than Evanesence does, which I didn't think was possible). The only guy I could stand was the Icelander even though he picked what is maybe the worst, most overplayed song in history.

I think Jason should bail out now before it gets worse and maybe work on IR8 part II. Wearing a Voivod shirt is not going to do anything for the band. People who know Jason already know about Voivod, and those who don't know him don't care.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 06, 2006 11:25     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is this show on primetime tv, or some dodgy cable channel? Sounds to me like they're deliberately picking retards to make car-crash tv. Never happen on the beeb!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 06, 2006 11:27     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony:
This show was terrible. What was with the chick who did the Nirvana song? I've never seen someone try so hard to put on her "I'm so heavy" act. Staring at the camera, not moving and then going into a spastic chicken stomp when the song picked up. All so premeditated and phony. The singing was no picnic either.

They all sound like they are trying to sing like someone else. All of the girls do that Joplin/Melissa Ethridge thing to try to sound hard rock (except for the PR girl who did Evanesence worse than Evanesence does, which I didn't think was possible). The only guy I could stand was the Icelander even though he picked what is maybe the worst, most overplayed song in history.

I think Jason should bail out now before it gets worse and maybe work on IR8 part II. Wearing a Voivod shirt is not going to do anything for the band. People who know Jason already know about Voivod, and those who don't know him don't care.

Hahahahaha......"spastic chicken stomp" excellent analysis sir all the way around. You're exactly right...Jason trying to promote VV through this medium will never work just as you said..because the idiots who enjoy this shit would never understand VV. Sorry to sound elitist..but its the truth.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 06, 2006 11:34     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i quit tv.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 06, 2006 13:34     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Little Mizz CongeNiality:
i quit tv.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted July 06, 2006 14:12     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony:
What was with the chick who did the Nirvana song? I've never seen someone try so hard to put on her "I'm so heavy" act. Staring at the camera, not moving and then going into a spastic chicken stomp when the song picked up.

Yeah, that was the chick from South Africa. Of course, Tommy Lee LOVED the poseur-CRAP you mentioned. Typical...

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted July 06, 2006 14:13     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by z:
Is this show on primetime tv, or some dodgy cable channel? Sounds to me like they're deliberately picking retards to make car-crash tv. Never happen on the beeb!

Primetime TV. CBS. Ick...

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 06, 2006 14:39     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Little Mizz CongeNiality:
i quit tv.

Oh really?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 06, 2006 14:52     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted July 06, 2006 16:28     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Forgot to mention- Jason had the ONLY good line of the show. After the hot Puerto Rican chick sang, Jason got down on one knee and said "Will you marry me?!"
Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 06, 2006 18:37     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i was telling Maggie, "Know how people make fun of 'That's Incredible' and 'The Gong Show'? Nobody will even care enough to make fun of this pile of crap in 25 years."

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 06, 2006 22:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Luckily tonight during the elimination round there was Ultimate Fighting to keep me amused. I did flip back to CBS once in a while to see what was happening. I was hoping they would give a 3 of the bottom guys the axe and just get rid of them in one fell swoop. They desided on saying goodbye to the dweeb who choose to sing Duran Duran "Planet Earth". How fuckin stupid to pick a song from Duran Duran to impress Tommy, Gilby, and Jason... he might as well sang "Karma Chameleon" for fuck sake. I'm not sure if I'll make it thru the season, but listening to the girls sing and strut their stuff might make it tolerable.

--------------------

yawn

Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted July 06, 2006 23:32     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
stop watching it so it will get dropped before they show anymore episodes.Then Jasonic can get back to finishing the next Voivod album but i would rather they got a different bass player for the next album.
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 06, 2006 23:37     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:

Damn! I just ate Nia!
Yarly to the Supernova show. I think this is the first time I have watched a reality show and I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying myself. I keep missing Jasonova wearing a Voivod tee! How long has this show been on the tele? And yes I voted last night. Girl Power indeed Hypersis!
Navaro needs to go away, silly little man!!
He sux more than he did before he was on the tele! Is Jasonova sporting a mullet? WTF!
The house band is pretty, and pretty cool. I liked the Duran Duran tune, although I would never sing that song in front of these dudes, or in front of anyone! That dude with the "emo make-up" was ok. Still think a gal should do the band, err, I mean sing in the band. And you know Tommy Lee is going to vote for the ladies!
I voted for the Long Island gal because she went to high skool with my girlfriend and she had a good voice, pouty lipps and bouncy thingys. It's all about image!

So much for 'keeping it metal' Jasonova!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted July 07, 2006 00:21     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
never mind.i think the show is dead.

SUPERNOVA's 'Rock Star' Is A Ratings Loser - July 6, 2006

Colin Mahan of TV.com is reporting that the second-season premiere of CBS's "Rock Star", where one lucky singer lands the frontperson spot in a rock band, placed third in its time slot, according to Nielsen overnight ratings. Time-slot competitor "So You Think you Can Dance" earned first place while NBC's "America's Got Talent" scored second in a close race.

"Rock Star: Supernova"'s 90-minute premiere earned an average 2.2 in adults 18-49, slipping 8 percent from season one's 60-minute premiere, which nabbed a 2.4 in the demographic, according to TV.com.

At 8 p.m., the first hour of "So You Think you Can Dance" took top honors with a 3.0 rating, followed by a repeat of "America's Got Talent" and "Rock Star", each with a 2.1.

At 9 p.m., the second half of "Dance" moved up to a 4.2, a new "Talent" perked up with 4.0, and "Rock Star" petered out with a 2.0.

Last summer, "Rock Star: INXS" featured the Australian band searching for a replacement singer for the late Michael Hutchence. The show received middling ratings, averaging a 2.5. This season of "Rock Star" features MÖTLEY CRÜE drummer Tommy Lee and ex-members of METALLICA and GUNS N' ROSES searching for a lead singer for their new "'supergroup," SUPERNOVA. Also last summer, Lee starred in "Tommy Lee Goes To College" on NBC, which received barely passing grades.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 07, 2006 08:54     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Watched it last night and oh how it sucked. Jason has that "wtf am I doin here" face most of the time, and the singers suck. I wish Snake would come up on that stage, gasmask and all, to kick their ass!

Oh, and I changed my signature. That Duran Duran Emo Guy said something that went right to my heart:

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 07, 2006 09:39     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
Oh, and I changed my signature. That Duran Duran Emo Guy said something that went right to my heart:

Ah... i thought your new signature would be "What can be said about Jason's hair that havent been said about Afghanistan?"

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 07, 2006 10:49     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Ah... i thought your new signature would be "What can be said about Jason's hair that havent been said about Afghanistan?"

Not bad either. I leave it to you (even tho you came up with it).

Plus, don't you think that my signature goes well with my avatar? It's very thoughtful.

Jacque Luminous
VoivodFan
Member # 621

posted July 07, 2006 12:01     Profile for Jacque Luminous   Email Jacque Luminous     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
>I voted for the Long Island gal because she went to high skool with my girlfriend and she had a good voice, pouty lipps and bouncy thingys. It's all about image!

That would be the HOT 4'11" Jill Gioia. She has my vote. If I actually voted. But I refuse. On principle...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan