my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » How lame is this going to be? (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: How lame is this going to be?
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted July 19, 2006 16:23     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He wore the black version of that shirt last week.....now everyone knows about "oiv" or "ivo"!!
 |  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 19, 2006 19:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think a lot of the song selection has something to do with what bands actually allow their songs to be picked from for a show like this. There seems to be a lot of similar tunes that were used during the Rockstar INXS show. I would think they would have more metal to choose from but maybe they couldn't get the rights to use them... I don't know. Newsted was wearing the "standing ant" T shirt last night and once he hit the stage to play with the band he didn't wear a jacket so you could see the complete VOIVOD shirt and design.

--------------------

yawn

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted July 19, 2006 20:18     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He wore the black version of that shirt last week.....now everyone knows about "oiv" or "ivo"!!

***EDIT***
I didn't see last night's show, but I just glanced the hightlights tonite and I see that everyone did see the whole name.....NIA, I agree!! I think I would gag if he had a KT t-shirt on. I have to admit that as nice it is to see a Voivod T on television, on this type of show.....it kind of blows.

People are still trying figure how to say it I'm sure.

Yeah, the whole rights thing is surely a hindrance and everyone on that show should be scrambling to find out who Voivod is and demand that they sing a Voivod song.....well maybe not, never mind

Geez, I'm babbling.....forgive me, I just turned 36!

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted July 19, 2006 20:33     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone else notice that there is rarely any footage of Jason making comments? Maybe they just edit his stuff out or he dosn't have to say much, I dunno. He looks like he's having a bit of a laugh most of the time anyway.

You can bet that the song selection is almost entirely out of the contestants hands with regard to range of music available.
I'm still expecting to hear soem Metallica and GnR covers somewhere down the track ... most probably the consumer friendly tracks like Enter Sandman or Unforgiven.. bleh. Maybe Welcome to the Jungle will get a turn or Sweet Child O Mine.

You can't take this shit too seriously .. I mean, they'll make a half pie album tour it for a little bit then disappear. The show will make some quick cash - end of story.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 19, 2006 23:16     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
boo hoo! Quit whining! The show suckz we all agree, but at least Jason isn't wearing a metallica tee. I think he hates them! Wah!! I think it's great to see a Voivod tee on national TV. It would be even more pleasing if they were the house band!
I don't get why alot of u hate Jason. I hate myself, but that's another story.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 24, 2006 14:20     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think I'll watch it tonight. Just to see what's up...
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 24, 2006 18:15     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I quit watching, sorta forgot about it, but thanks everyone for the info, makes me feel better

I think I'll get a look tomorrow (? it is Tuesday, right) and see what is up then

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 25, 2006 02:56     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, I gathered all my, like, courage and stuff , and tried to watch the show on MSN video, you know man. Episode four and stuff, man. Man, I gotta say it gave me the goosebumps before I reached the end of the title sequence, man. But I didn't get them, like, out of excitement and all, man, it was more like..like this terrible feeling that my head was going to explode because of what I saw and heard, man. You know man, I think I just saw a glimpse of metalhead's hell, and it scared the hell out of me man, even though I'm just a poser and all, man!

-edit- in other words, it's an Idols clone which I can't stand for the same reason Mez said. Argh.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted July 25, 2006 09:14     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slug:
boo hoo! Quit whining! The show suckz we all agree, but at least Jason isn't wearing a metallica tee. I think he hates them! Wah!! I think it's great to see a Voivod tee on national TV. It would be even more pleasing if they were the house band!
I don't get why alot of u hate Jason. I hate myself, but that's another story.

well said slugz. Except for that part where you say you hate yourself. another story, morning glory

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 25, 2006 16:53     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was listening to that Camp Freddy Radio interview with Jason, Away, and Snake today and they mentioned that Snake & Away will be attending the "Rockstar: Supernova" thing today... So, if there's only one day where this might be an actual mention of Voivod, it's probably today... Especially considering that it's the KATORZ official release date too.

Otherwise, I can't take the oozing crapulence that is this show for another minute.

Here the Blabbermush story on the Camp Freddy interview...
BLUBBERSTORY
and the actual interview in mp3...
HERE

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted July 25, 2006 22:03     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TOTAL FUCK'N BULLSHIT!!!

i tuned in to see if Snake and Away would show up.They didnt.so i wasted an hour watching shit songs being sung by shit singers.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 25, 2006 23:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jason was wearing a classic old school VOIVOD T tonight which I though was awesome. You all can think what you want about Newsted but I think he's a top notch player, and down to earth cool metal head. VOIVOD is getting tons of press for KATORZ and I think it's great Jason is sportin' the shirts while on national TV. I hate the song selection on this show but there are 2 girls that rock (Storm and that pearced chick) who deserve a shot. I've always like Jason from the first time I purchased the debut Flotsam album, and anyone who can handle the bass lines in a BUDGIE tune has got to be damn good to pull it off not to mention get picked by Warren Haynes to join him on stage to salute his fallen comrade Woody.

--------------------

yawn

Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted July 26, 2006 00:31     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL yeah sorry,i was just pissed off that i wasted my time watching that crap show and yeah the song selection blows.
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 26, 2006 04:39     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Filth Hound:
LOL yeah sorry,i was just pissed off that i wasted my time watching that crap show and yeah the song selection blows.

Don't apologize. It is a shit show.

As for Jason, I've been around wardrobe people on sets and I'm sure they're giving him crap about wearing Voivod shirts every time they shoot. They're not going to want to come across like the whole series was filmed in one day. He's definitely keeping his word.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 26, 2006 13:02     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Korgull shirt was cool. Ok, I can't take anymore of this show...

The office manager at my work (who is a big reality TV, Aerosmith/Bon Jovi loving lady), is now asking me questions about Voivod. I shit you not.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 26, 2006 15:31     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well i browsed the supernova website this morning and each 'star' has a page with comments and each person's fave songlist. oddly no VOIVOD song was listed under jason's faves! hmmm...

didn't watch last night as hypersis and hyperhubby arrived back to the desert safely last night!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 26, 2006 16:13     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Turn off your t.v.'s, this show is extremely gay as all hell, despite the Voivod t-shirt appearances. And those make it worse now that Voivod is somehow "slightly" connected to this horrible shit!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 26, 2006 23:44     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:
And those make it worse now that Voivod is somehow "slightly" connected to this horrible shit!

I agree. When I heard that Away and Snake were supposed to stop by I thought, "NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

As Mitch Hedberg once said, "...It would seriously ruin my reputation."

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted September 14, 2006 01:22     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ooops ... apparently the 'original' Supernova won a court injunction that prevents the Rawkstar version from using the name.

The band with no legal name will have the emo kid as their front man too ...

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted September 14, 2006 04:11     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you mean this original Supernova?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 14, 2006 06:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I watched most of the episodes and thought from day one that LUCAS would be the chosen one. I knew they wouldn't pick a female because then it would become her band with 3 guys backing her. Interesting thing was all the original tunes that the contestants wrote and sang were way better than the ones the band wrote.
I'm curious as to what they will change their name to. Navarro's band Panic Station is doing the tour with them and they invited Dilana (the female finalist to open the shows with the house band (who kick ass).
Anyway, you can all make fun of me now for watching the show to the end.

Newsted once again was wearing the VOIVOD shirt as he did in most of the episodes.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 14, 2006 08:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First UK, now Rockstar.........

I don't know what to say anymore Schro...

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 14, 2006 09:06     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i watched the last part of the show where the band played their songs with the guy who won. for guys who talked so much about being "rockers" it seems like they spent most of their time in makeup getting eyeliner applied and having their chests waxed instead of writing songs that anyone will ever care about. what a terrible footnote in music history this show/band is.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 14, 2006 09:23     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
and having their chests waxed

gross

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted September 14, 2006 10:14     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Apparently, the person chosen was fixed...a local radio station here had already had a contact that knew who they were going to pick two weeks ago....Lucas.

I tuned in to see who won and the last thing I screamed before changing the station from that horrible Supernova song was, "Quit wearing that Voivod shirt already!!"

LAME, LAME, LAME.
What-a-waste-sonic of time.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan