my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD studio pix posted (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: VOIVOD studio pix posted
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted January 25, 2006 10:29     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 25, 2006 10:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JCN1971:
Thank you for the update Ron. 2006 is gonna be a big year for Voivod (and an expensive year for Voivod fans!!).

I have a (dumb) question. You may not know the answer. I would like to know if Voivod will be touring to support the album release. If they did tour, would they include Europe?

I dont think its a dumb question...but i think we all know that there is just NO replacing Piggy.
I seriously dont think that the band would even try to get a guest on Guitar for a tour.
It is...a touchy subject still i understand.
The pain of what has happened is still fresh to everyone.
Even if the band could find someone who could handle it (Guitar duties with the new and old material)...it would just be too heavy for them if you know what i mean.

The touring Voivod is over.
It just seems to me to be something that went away when Piggy passed on.
It hurts...but it is what i think many here have probably accepted as a fact.
Forgive me if i have overspoken on that matter.

I cannot find words to say how happy i am that Away, Snake and Jason are doing what they are doing to ensure that Piggy will live on.
Its the best thing and shows where theyre hearts are...with Piggy.

I look forward to more material from Voivod in the future.
Remasters, DVD's, lost recordings...whatever.
Thank you, Away, Snake and Jason for everything you are doing now.
Also Thank You Blacky for what you have done.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted January 25, 2006 10:54     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Like I had said before...the guitarists in the project "Blackcloud" seemed to have handled the song "Tribal Convictions" with class and most importantly: Respect! Maybe two guitarists is the answer instead of one, as that would be too much pressure and ridicule for just one guitarist to handle.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted January 25, 2006 10:54     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Right, and I also believe that it's waaay too early to even think about that yet. First things first, I wanna get the new album! I'm sure alot of us are still greiving to a degree, so the release of the album (rumored to be titled "Tome 1" or "Katorz", hmmmm...) will bring a little bit of closure.

Honestly, I dont know how i would react upon the news of a replacement guitarist in order to tour. I certainly would not welcome the news with open arms, but then, i'm not in the band, so it's not up to me. It would clearly take a while to accept... and i'm not sure if i would.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 25, 2006 10:56     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:

I cannot find words to say how happy i am that Away, Snake and Jason are doing what they are doing to ensure that Piggy will live on.
Its the best thing and shows where theyre hearts are...with Piggy.

I look forward to more material from Voivod in the future.
Remasters, DVD's, lost recordings...whatever.
Thank you, Away, Snake and Jason for everything you are doing now.
Also Thank You Blacky for what you have done.

Very well said Halaine Peau...All the best to Away-Snake-Jason-Blacky and hope they find it in their hearts to continue playing music sans Mr. Piggy. There are enough of us rabid fans who'll support anything they do.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 25, 2006 12:12     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same here. I'm really gutted to think that they won't be touring again, but I don't believe that Piggy could ever be replaced.
I'm just glad the album is nearly done can't wait to hear it!

--------------------

String em up

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted January 25, 2006 12:24     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Very well said Halaine Peau...

Sorry Luna, but I didn't say that.

Kind words.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted January 25, 2006 13:45     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I'd love to join Voivod as the guitar player but there is no way in fucking hell I could play any of that stuff - you'd have to be superhuman to even think about tackling the easy bits.

I can just about manage the chorus to 'nothingface' and the bit in 'Psychic Vacuum' after the seagulls where you want to shout "...go!"

Maybe Snake, Away and Jasonic should do what INXS did and make a TV show out of auditioning a new guy/girl - bad auditions make great telly (the best part of Some Kind Of Monster was...) and who knows, they may just find the next Buckethead.

Actually, Buckethead could do it.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted January 25, 2006 16:18     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would definitely see Voivod with a new guitarist. No one can replace Piggy, but there is still great Voivod music that could be made.

Some candidates:
1) Robert Fripp (or Adrian Belew?)
2) Geordie from Killing Joke!
3) Duane Dennison from the JESUS LIZARD!!!
4) Either (or both!) guitarists from the F*cking Champs!
4) John Reis (or Rick Fork) ex-Hot Snakes and Drive Like Jehu!
5) Ian Williams from Don Caballero (see their album "II")!
6) Guitarist from Hella even though I haven't listened to very much of it he seems very talented
7) All of the above, just have albums with different guest guitarists on each track like Probot did with singers!
The guys from Necrophagist!!!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 25, 2006 16:54     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Halaine Peau:
Sorry Luna, but I didn't say that.

Kind words.

haha,,,ooops!
I meant...let's see who said that?...
Oh...Number 6. Of course.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted January 25, 2006 17:04     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:

Wow that's gonna leave a mark.

I support the band no matter what they decide to do. However, seeing VV without Piggy would just not be the same experience.

I am eternally grateful that I had the ability to see them as much as I have over the years. It also saddens me to know there are some who didn't get the same opportunity.

If they decided to tour, I would build a vacation around their tour schedule and go to as many of the shows as humanly possible.

Otherwise, I will continue to support them by buying everthing they release and forcing everyone I know to listen to them at least once.

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

reluctantking
VoivodFan
Member # 653

posted January 25, 2006 17:25     Profile for reluctantking   Email reluctantking     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if that could even happen down the road after a few years, the only guy that I can imgine playing guitar with those guys is Pen Rollings from Loincloth,Breadwinner,Honor Role and Butterglove.

The greatest guitarist on the east coast of the USA. Loved Voi Vod. Could play the material. Has his own thing going.

No disrespect, just my two cents.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 25, 2006 20:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know when the memories of Piggy wioll all come flooding back, is when I hear the first riff off the new cd. I know I'll get choked up when I hear the new cd and the circumstances that surround it.

As far as touring, that's where bands make there money, so aside from touring to support the cd, it might also be for financial reasons. The tour generates revenue from merchandise sales along with attendence. This is all up to the guys in the band and any desision they make should certainly be supported my the fans, no questions asked.

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 25, 2006 21:43     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anything:

4) Either (or both!) guitarists from the F*cking Champs!
4) John Reis (or Rick Fork) ex-Hot Snakes and Drive Like Jehu!

ive heard that these guys are Voivod fans, actually....

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted January 26, 2006 03:28     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Having played several Voivod songs with my band (http://xoomer.virgilio.it/n3on/) I've realized what original and inimitablle was Denis way to play. Sincerly I can't imagine any other player taking his place in Voivod. Perhaps the majority of guitarist mentioned before would be able to play without too problems Voivod songs but that's non the real problem. The point is about the future, I doubt any other player would be able to compose such incredible songs and riffs as Piggy did. With another guitar player Voivod would not be the same..
Diamanda
VoivodFan
Member # 604

posted January 26, 2006 04:26     Profile for Diamanda   Email Diamanda     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What are you talking about....a VoiVod Tour?
without Piggy,with a new guy?? Sorry but i cant imagine that...
Is this the right moment for asking that, for me it is too early, i think it is hard enough, what the rest of the Band have to do...with all that stuff that they have found at Piggy's Home....
a sensitive issue....

--------------------

It's too late
Korgull rules the earth!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 26, 2006 12:33     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blah blah blah! Some things never change and wild VVF speculation is one of them. You guys are awsome, keep it up.

BTW, there won't be a tour. Just managing all Piggy's recording archives for future albums is more than enough work for Away and Snake.

Recruiting another guitarist for Voïvod would be an impossible task as Piggy's playing was not only unconventional, but mostly off-the-cuff, in that that was just how he played naturally... Anyone trying to pull that off will be doing it the hard way and it'll show.

Like Nasa's Spirit and Opportunity, Voïvod is functioning way-past their design-spcifications (R.I.P. Piggy) so anything we get at this point is all bonus gold.

(Korgüll driven, eh?)

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted January 26, 2006 14:09     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Like Nasa's Spirit and Opportunity are functioning way-past their design-specifications.

Will someone tell other bands like The Rolling Stones, The Doors, and Cream that analogy, not VoiVod.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 28, 2006 01:35     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What an amazing ride this all has been.

--------------------

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted January 28, 2006 04:02     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah...and the ride aint over yet!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted January 29, 2006 18:41     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i was talking to Stephen Eggerton from the Descendents about this...he said if they need a guitarist to give him a ring.

seriously.

--------------------

RAGEAHOLIC
unregistered

posted February 01, 2006 15:40       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I always thought DBC sounded a bit like Voivod but sadly that guitarist passed away several years ago.
IP: Logged
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted February 02, 2006 01:06     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't believe what I am hearing from fellow guitarists! Are we not supposed to be able to play anything? "Oh I can do that"
Seriously tho, I hope they don't tour, but I will go if they do decide to give it a try just because it's Voivod. It would be equivelant to the Experience touring without Hendrix.
Like your avatar Living Evil. Always wanted a tat of dat!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 02, 2006 14:25     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
I don't believe what I am hearing from fellow guitarists! Are we not supposed to be able to play anything? "Oh I can do that"
Seriously tho, I hope they don't tour, but I will go if they do decide to give it a try just because it's Voivod. It would be equivelant to the Experience touring without Hendrix.
Like your avatar Living Evil. Always wanted a tat of dat!

Oh, you mean something like my avatar ???

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 02, 2006 17:59     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
playing Piggys guitar parts isnt the hard part.

writing them was. thats where we should all bow.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan