my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod X-Mas gift: Received! (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: Voivod X-Mas gift: Received!
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 27, 2002 05:17     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hope it's a 'slow mail for Europe-thing' than (if I was included that is - I did reply to the mail though)
 |  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted December 27, 2002 10:35     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Guess what's spinning here?
Thank's to Corpse and Chophouse for this one. Rebel Robot is one hell of a song . Perfect for me, lying in bed with fever and a runny fuckin' nose. But when my ears are having fun, so am i

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 27, 2002 11:36     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cant wait to head back to my place (i'm on holiday at my folks' house right now... want some eggnog?) soon after new years. I guess the Chophouse package is waiting for me in my mailbox... I hope so, anyway. I'll be pretty fuckin' pissed off if it isnt.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted December 27, 2002 11:51     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mine turned up here in the UK on xmas eve. Many thanks to all involved for getting it to me. I was stoked. Gotta say that the riffs aren't as twisted as I hoped, but I'm guessing / hoping they're holding the real killer stuff back!
Thanks Voivod, Chophouse & Warcorpse. May the seed of your loin forvever be fruitful in the belly of your woman!

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted December 27, 2002 13:41     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, I've had it... I'm in Montréal and I still don't have my Xmas gift

I can't stand much longer reading your comments on the songs... The wait is killling me, and considering I'm not even sure I'm supposed to get the promo-pack, somebody needs to make the songs available in MP3 ASAP or I'll loose my friggin' mind

It's not like we'll be breaking some copyrights or anything, the stuff is given away free!!! Please help me, I need my fix!!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 27, 2002 14:37     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
Canada post is damn slow. We'll receive it after all voivod fans in Brasil, Japan, on the Moon, and every other planet in our solar system (and some asteroids as well) have heard it at least 1000 times.

Heh. Don't count on it. Wanna bet on who'll be the last to receive it?

Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted December 27, 2002 16:05     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cant wait anymore!!! hahaha!!!
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted December 27, 2002 16:08     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MP3s anyone? Please, oh purty please!!!

Being in the dark like that actually hurts physically
I need my fix badly

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 27, 2002 16:35     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ynys don't you ever check your email?
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted December 27, 2002 16:42     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
Ynys don't you ever check your email?

I'll have to agree on that one

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 27, 2002 18:36     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I received my package last night as I stumbled to my front door. I immediately put the disc in my walkman and was soon excited, then sad, then pissed....maybe I'll try again when I am sober.

A friend recently heard an interview with this Jason character. He was promoting Voivod on a local radio station here in Portland that plays all that shitty "alternative" pop-metal crap music and quite frankly that really scared me. I honestly have to say, and this is coming from a hard-core Voivod fan who absolutely LOVES ANGEL RAT (calm down king kula) - I am somewhat disappointed. For those of you that haven't heard it yet, it would best be described as The Outer Limits: Part II, but damn I was expecting something heavier and layered and distorted and fucked up

Even so, thanks for thinking of me when you sent out the e-mail! I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.....and I will listen again and get back to you all and hopefully have a better opinion. This isn't all of it after all....

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 27, 2002 19:15     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
but damn I was expecting something heavier and layered and distorted and fucked up

Same here.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 27, 2002 19:18     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ynys, i could AIM you these, but i wont be online for more than an hour more, maybe. ill probably get back online MUCH later this evening. anyways, my AIM name is xCthonx. this offer goes out to anyone else who hasnt heard these awesome songs. my advice to the disappointed fans: i was disappointed the days DH,NF,AR, and TOL came out, too. but after many listens, i finally figured it out. same here. dont give up on the vod!
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted December 27, 2002 19:30     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vroomfondel got it, I haven't...I too got the e-mail and I tried sending my info to the chophouse address included in the message, but later I found out my info had rebounded back to my mailbox. Then I contacted Warcorpse and asked him to include me in the list he was going to send to the Chophouse. I don't even know if you got that mail, Corpse, there might have been something wrong with the servers at my school. Argh, I'm DYING to hear that stuff especially because I loved TOL from the moment I first heard it!!
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 27, 2002 19:39     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
i was disappointed the days DH,NF,AR, and TOL came out, too. but after many listens, i finally figured it out. same here. dont give up on the vod!

I am not giving up on Voivod (oh wait, there were the 'Eric' years...doh!) and I have loved all of the above mentioned from the first listen! I was never disappointed with any of these four albums. That is why I am on the fence at this point with these new songs. Let's see what a few more listens will do

Cthon
Member # 156

posted December 27, 2002 20:21     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hypergrrl, it took me a few times to like the new songs, i think its the rebellious lyrics that finally won me over, haha. and the Eric comment......hehe.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 27, 2002 20:29     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What did Eric do wrong? Those four albums kicked fuckin* ass, just like everything else VV has ever released
To those of you who think they have gone 'soft', keep in mind it's a promo and this is what the radio stations usually get. It's just a foot in the door (hopefully). I would like to see Voivod get some notoriety, and once they do that they can make the more dissonant/off-the-wall music that is their trademark.
Cheers

Jeffs
VoivodFan
Member # 164

posted December 27, 2002 20:40     Profile for Jeffs   Email Jeffs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Could someone email me those mp3's too?
Thanks

voivod@rogers.com

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted December 27, 2002 20:57     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell I want to hear this. Even if what I feared seems to append (Voivod doing a down to earth record) , I'll be the first to buy this album. But please someone post at least one song on a free server or email me at disjonk@oricom.ca .
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted December 28, 2002 11:44     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noitall, I do check my e-mail regularly, but I think 3 MP3s busted my account limit...

Could you please oh please send them again to the following addy:

fb_eye@spymac.com

Thanks honey

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted December 28, 2002 13:28     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I (living in Germany) haven't received it, yet, either... Were the shipments of those living in countries other than the US sent by Air Mail or surface mail? I only hope that it my gift wasn't stolen by some guy working at one of the post offices along the way...
Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted December 28, 2002 13:43     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm one of the biggest Voivod fan since their debut, but my english is bad and my participation to this forum is very minimal I can read everything but my writing skills are defective.

So i obviously didn't receive any mail for the new song and i'm very disappointed !!

if someone can rip it to MP3 it would be nice for an old French only Quebecois fan like me.

salutseb@sympatico.ca

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted December 28, 2002 13:43     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Hade, I live i Sweden and received my little wonder by Airmail two days ago.
The postalservices around the world seem to live their own little lives
Theres people in the US who are still waiting.
Hope you receive it soon..

I's getting better by the minute as always with these guys

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 29, 2002 07:26     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Recently I have been blasting that new Napalm Death CD, GREAT stuff!

Can't agree more, if anyone has the chance to see them on their US-tour in Jan/Feb, you won't be disappointed... Seen 'em once in Germany and once in London this month and they were awesome.

Cockroach
VoivodFan
Member # 115

posted December 29, 2002 08:35     Profile for Cockroach   Email Cockroach     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all!

First i would like to thank Warcorpse for including me on the list, i'm not sure if i'm really one of the 75 most active member of the forum (my english is not very good, so i don't write very often, especially since i have moved from home, and don't have internet at my new place).
I live in Hungary, and have received the gift 2 days ago by air mail.
As for the music: it's okay, but unfortunately i have to agree with hypergrrl, i was expecting some more mind stretching stuff from Voivod. Let's hope that the album will be like that.

Oh, and i wish you all a Happy New Year

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan