my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod X-Mas gift: Received! (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 

Author Topic: Voivod X-Mas gift: Received!
Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted December 29, 2002 10:14     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey warcorpse do I was in the list???
 |  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 29, 2002 20:01     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Err... Corpse, am I on the list?
Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted December 29, 2002 20:07     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will surely receive the gift tomorrow! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
troyvod
VoivodFan
Member # 112

posted December 30, 2002 04:27     Profile for troyvod   Email troyvod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got mine today in Australia
I really love the first 2 tracks. Kinda like Angel RAT with Outer Limits production. Probably the most comercial thing they have done but who cares a good song is a good song. I did expect it to be heavier though. Thought the vocals were a touch loud on Rebel Robot....
A big Cheers to Chophouse.

Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted December 30, 2002 08:52     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am in Montreal and still waiting!!!!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 30, 2002 10:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THE MORE I LISTEN...I MORE I LIKE
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 30, 2002 11:42     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
SÃO PAULO dude slaytanic yes, everyone who replied with their address was included.

Oh man, thank you Warcorpse, and also thanks Chophouse! I'm almost in tears!

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted December 30, 2002 12:58     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Jeffrey, I'm on the south shore of Mtl and nothing in the mail so far

Say Warcorpse, was I on the list? Or is it a coincidence that almost everybody in Canada didn't receive it yet?

Thanks god my scandinavian MP3 pusher provided me with my fix or I'd be yelling obsenities right now

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted December 30, 2002 13:05     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[lie]Supposed that the fans from the province of Quebec will have some extras like some replicas of Piggy's cool glasses , guitar and bass picks , drum sticks and stuff like that. That's why it's taking so long . [/lie]

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted December 30, 2002 16:19     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
~~Voivod~~!!

I'm impressed. one day after hearing 'Rebel Robot' and expecting to wait a week or so for my mail to be delivered, I find a package waiting for this Canuck this morning.

the promo pic included is cool! the members look genuinely happy to be together, its nice to see photos without big rockstar ego poses and just having fun instead.

my favorite song of the 3 is Rebel Robot. it has the stangest time signature of the three as the other two are more straight ahead rock beats. my favorite 'Vod stuff is with lots of dynamics and tempo changes, I am keeping in mind these are the promo songs and may be the most radio-friendly (if that even applies to Voivod) on the album.

it is still VERY COOL to receive this package. thanx to one of best bands ever!

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted December 30, 2002 16:40     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got mine too ! I'm from Abitibi ( Quebec )and the package was sent on december 20th , pretty normal for the holidays . I got a flyer autographed by Jason and a pic of the band too . YEY !
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted December 30, 2002 17:25     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This sampler CD reminds me of the first time I drank good tequila. After my first couple of shots, I thought, "this is pretty good, but I don't get what the big deal is!" It went down way too easy and was way too subtle for me to appreciate it. Then 7 shots later, I got it! Or should I say, it got me!
That's what this CD is doing right about now. After the first listen, I thought it was nice, but I wanted a little more from them. And now after listening to it several times over and over, I'm getting it. I think Rebel Robot absolutely rocks. Yeah, they are all straight forward rockers, but very cool. Complete with Snakehooks. Understanding that record companies have to make money in order for the band to make money, I understand why certain songs are made singles over ones that I would think are better. For this reason, I think we have reason to believe that the remaining 10 songs will give us a little more of what we all expect......and that's the unexpected.

As for me, my favorite track is Rebel Robot on the sampler. Good, well written, strong song IMO. Can't wait for more.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted December 30, 2002 20:45     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Väinämöinen your name was on the list I sent.

I received mine today! Better late than never you know...it's not exactly TOL II, but that comes closest to these songs. Thanks for helping me w/ the Chophouse, you rule !!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 30, 2002 20:52     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excusez-moi, M. tête-de-pomme, j'suis pas ta « honey » tannant !

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted December 30, 2002 22:09     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally got it today!

The pack was posted from Walnut Creek, CA on December 20th and we're December 30th. WOW 10 days to arrived in the Quebec province.
Here's another proof of how f**** lazy Post Canada are.

Anyway, Now I'm with you guys, Now we can talk about the new songs and stuffs!

This present is very, very appreciate!
THANX to those implicated in this project

We got something to satisfied our appetite 'Till March 4th.

Rage & Thrash Eternally!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted December 30, 2002 22:25     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
...Thanks for helping me w/ the Chophouse, you rule !![/QB]

Heh, forgot to thank the Chophouse & Voivod.

Many thanks for the great gift!

As Vacarmes so well put it,
"Rage & Thrash Eternally!"

Have a happy last day of 2002, I know I will

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 31, 2002 01:30     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just wanted the 100th reply.
Bored again...

Guess I'll go watch a flash vid...

::CLICK::

piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted December 31, 2002 07:52     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol.....
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted December 31, 2002 08:26     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YEAH!!!

I received my X-Mas gift today!
Tnx to all involved. I'm happy now.
How could 2003 ever have a better start?

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted December 31, 2002 10:42     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got mine too today. Guess the post over here is a bit slower than in other countries. Thanx Warcorpse, thanx Chophouse and thanx Voivod.
stevefrehley
unregistered

posted December 31, 2002 17:42       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got mine today!!!! i live in moncton,new brunswick. hope the rest of the canucks get theirs soon. autographed 8x10 as well as jason's signature again on the holidaze flyer. the songs rule. thank you so much warcorpse, chophouse and voivod!!!!!
IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 06, 2003 08:53     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got mine today!!! No autographs on the photo, but the CD is alright!

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted January 06, 2003 09:13     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stunned and happy

New Guitar, new amp and New Voivod promo

what a way to start the new year

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted January 28, 2003 07:36     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya' won't believe it but I finally received my VOIVOD-X-Mas-present last weekend! Woohoo!!! Thanx a lot Warcorpse for including me on the list! Thanx Chophouse, Jasonic and VOIVOD for making this possible! I got the same photo Marginal, et al. have talked about here http://www.voivodfan.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000777
but also without signatures... :-( The CD itself is OK but this ain't Cyber Thrash or Space Core, this isn't even Metal (What the heck has Jasonic been talking about all the time?!)! I'm curious how the album as a whole will be but I'm afraid if there really will be something that I'll be able to spontaneously associate with VOIVOD the album will be very, uh, heterogeneous, to say the least. Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan