my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » stage this... (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Author Topic: stage this...
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted August 15, 2004 17:16     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Number 6:
Once again, Knicker, you have misread everything i said.
You miss the points i make on so many levels it isnt even funny.

What points did you make? All I read was that you were pissed off at being challenged to prove your point. I'm not interested in web-links - I can find millions of those. I want to see your words, not the words of somebody else.

quote:
Everyone else can understand what i am saying...why cant YOU?

I understand what those websites say perfectly. But I don't agree with them, so I don't agree with you!

quote:
Why you gotta keep on & on & on after me like some little nippy doggie at the heels of a stranger.

Because I would like to hear your opinions from you, not a web link!

quote:
You wonder why i dont answer your questions?

Because you can't?

quote:
Because it is pointless to talk to someone like you.

Someone who refuses to back down and WILL stand for what he believes in you mean?

quote:
Someone who tries to come off as knowing everything.

I don't, never have professed to, and I never will.

quote:
All you want to do is argue with things that are plain fact and reality in present tense.

I want to debate, yes. Isn't that the general idea?

quote:
Things like what the Americans/British are doing to the Iraqi People.

Here we go again...misrepresentation.

quote:
MANY MANY of these people long for the days of theyre great leader...Saddam.

Many Many...How many? Maybe the ones who support the radical clerics perhaps?

quote:
Its better than what they have now, which is bloodshed coming from all sides, but mostly
the American/British side, simpily because they have the more deadly weapons of War.

Their own insurgents are killing more Iraqi civilians that our forces are. Once again you are misrepresenting the facts.

quote:
You talk about the Balkans like they are some kind of evil people down there.

No I did not. I said the balkan region still has problems and has seen the horrors of ethnic cleansing thanks to the Bosnia/Serba conflict. I also said that some pretty unsacoury people do operate in that region. Notice the word some, that doe not mean all!

quote:
Why dont you do some research and compare the Atrocities.
On one side of your paper, list the American ones, on the other list the Balkan ones.
Then add them up.
I know for a fact you will need several pages for the American side, and only one for the Balkans side.

This isn't about numbers kula, this is about the fact that NO area of the world has an umblemished record when it comes to these issues.

quote:
But go ahead and keep talking Knicker.
You know it all dont you?

I've already answered that.

quote:
British Government are so right on everything they do arent they?
So are the Americans, huh?
"Liberators" of the world.

No, not everything. But in Iraq yes, I agree with that.

quote:
I already admitted that i have called people names. Didnt read that did you?
Instead you want to nag nag nag like an old woman.

I did actually, that's why I posted. The point of the post, which clearly went straight over your head, was that insults are irrelevant, and it's only you that moans about them.

quote:
Also...I am so sorry that a picture of a cute little Monkey offends you so much.
Everyone else thinks its funny.

Now I'm puzzled. Did I say it was offensive? No. The picture itself is not the issue here it's the way in which it is used, which when put in context of your post about name calling, just amounts to a cop out.

quote:
Probably even DLCM!

I think he's the best person to answer that. Probably he does, but that was not the point I was making. It's the fact thay you freely throw insults at other people, but your always the first and only person to moan about them.

quote:
Hell! He is smart enough to see when i am just having fun with him!

Again that's for him to answer.

quote:
Just like i do when he does the same to me.
Everyone but YOU, Knicker.

I've already said that the insults and name calling are the last things I think about when I read posts, except to enjoy the comedy value if there is any.

quote:
Please do us all a favor and quit your constant nagging.

Nagging = wanting a straight answer to a simple quiestion without links and in your own words? That's a new concept that one.

quote:
Also...go to the Library & read some recent History.

That's almost funny coming from you.

quote:
I have nothing else to say to you.

And why is this then? Because I don't agree with you? And this is supposed to affect me in some way is it? LOL!!!

I will post as I see fit and I will post against you if I believe you are spouting bollocks, which recently has been very often in my opinion. I stand for what I believe in and I will always make my case. But if I am found to be wrong I will also say so. For instance, if this whole Iraq thing blows up in our faces and we end up leaving behind a situation that was even worse than it was before, and I do believe there is a small possibility of that happening, I would have to stand up and admit that our government got it wrong, and therefore my opinion was also wrong in believing that this was the best way to sort out this situation. But that's life, and nobody is right all of the time.

One thing I will agree with you on is that nobody is perfect. None of us have all the answers and none of us know the absolute truth because we are on the outside looking in on almost every situation that is discussed here. I do not say with all certainty that I am 100% right and you are 100% wrong. I believe I am right and I disagree with your opinion, that is a very crucial difference.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

|  IP: Logged
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted August 15, 2004 18:06     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by portuga:
Number 6

The US and the UK terrorist states, no their not. Ok i dont like Bush or Blair but what has theyr administrations have anything to do with the rest of English or Americans?(there's good and bad everywhere), if i was American/English i wouldnt like my country to be called terrorist state either.
Benefit of the doubt: you're only talking about politicians? arent you?
The US and the UK have proved through history their capable of the best and of the not so good(it happens!).
If you start looking in history books no nation has a clean record... maybe Buthan, San Marino etc...

ps: calling names to each other takes you nowhere

Agreed. We aren't perfect and we have made mistakes. And thank you for pointing out that no country is unblemished from atrocities. That is very pertinent especially in relation to this thread.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted August 16, 2004 09:51     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
all very good points portuga, you are right about the politicians but one thing that remains attached to the state is the laws we are governed by. laws set forth by religion/god and such. another thing that is the latest fad is to remove as much of god or bible scripture from the courts ! its one thing we have on our hands here because if it is a sucess then where would you/anyone place their hand in court when you are sworn in to testify, and also who would they have you/anybody swear before ?
to my understanding this is the methods used in the court system for most of the democracized countries, correct me if i dont have enough information on this, but how is it done in your country ?
this gives whole new meaning to me about politicians being 'crooks' it must be true along with 2-faced added, taught the laws handed down and told them as they were learning them given by a higher power, only to turn around and claim to be agnostic ! most politicians have been lawyers at some point or atleast earned their degree in law. it dont make any sense that democracy would wish to tear itself apart by removing the own laws that remain the core of its structure, but again you may be right, history repeats itself...

link1
link2

oi Hatross
About swearing with an hand in a book:

Separation of church and state

US Departement of State - info worldwide

Here is against the law(and the 1,000,000 atheists or agnostics! LOL) gotta be politically correct here!last census in a 10,5 million population.

Ok here we dont swear on nothing, go dirctly to the deal with no mentions(its forbiden by law)religion/god.(any assassin or innocent can swear in that or other book makes no diference)
In Spain, France, Gemany... most of Europe and South America its the same the rest, sorry no info!

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted August 16, 2004 12:18     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hex:
And back to chat - I make a real hard effort, myself, to keep the flame wars out of the chat, and NOT to make puns at Kula whenever he comes. Kula so far made a good job not provoking me either. 20 years ago this used called "peaceful coexistence". But if Kula really wants to dig out the shit, I have some. Want it out?

I do my best also...usually I get the flamethrower out when it's directed at me - you know, fight fire with fire...

quote:
Knick, you're welcome to the chat, really. I had really interesting political discussions with Lyc and Portuga there from time to time, and you'll have the opportunity to participate in the Big VVF Gathering in London - it's not too far away from you, is it?

It'd be a pleasure. You guys will probably teach me a thing or two! I live about 200 miles away, but it's always easy to get to London from just about anywhere in the UK. It's just moving about in the place that's the problem! What date is this set for?

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted August 16, 2004 16:29     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
And about creating an escape in order to diss someone... why does some certain Voivod2003 mailing list come to mind, most of which was dedicated to dissing Yuri, most of the time? Hmmm... who would be that? create that list, but that's ok, my memory fails me from time to time.

Oh, SH*T ! wish I could shut the f*ck up! Did you really do this sh*t! (No need to ask)!

I just post this as a notice why I don't wanna post here anymore.

Yeah I know, nobody forced me. And now it's up to me to decide... I'm sure I'll not be missed. So, bye bye.

- Annki

Silversurfer
VoivodFan
Member # 300

posted August 16, 2004 16:51     Profile for Silversurfer   Email Silversurfer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WC, you think it's so easy to move to the USA?
I was treated like a criminal when I was getting damn visa.
In this condition, I'm wondering if I would be able just to enter your country. Of course, with a green card now, because I can't apply for visa anymore.
To make long story short, Americans don't like legal immigrants from this part of the world and people at the embassy put you down to the level when you are ready to give up from everything.
So...no..I'm not moving there.

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted August 16, 2004 16:56     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
No Annki, I did't. But I posted to it from time to time. That's why I don't remember creating it. This is what's called "sarcasm".

I didn't wanna blame you. Sh*t, I'm upset!
It's just that I didn't know there was any list!

Edit:I understood from your post that it wasn't you who created it, but that f*ckin someone did!

Bye again!
- Annki

Silversurfer
VoivodFan
Member # 300

posted August 16, 2004 17:35     Profile for Silversurfer   Email Silversurfer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No WC, I don't wanna move to the USA.
Actually, I can't.
I have a son here in Croatia, and as a mother, I don't have much choice.
I don't wanna think about the option like "if things were perfect", because when it's about kids, you do things for their own good. But you're a parent yourself, and you know what I am talking about.
I'm just lucky that I have a man who understands all that and accepts the situation the way it is. So he will move here. I'm very sad when I see how some people here make fun of it all...but I'm wondering how many of them would be ready to move to another continent for a reason like that? And on the the top of it all raise someone elses kid too?

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted August 16, 2004 18:06     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's a serious commitment and should never be laughed at. Hats off to him and you for making the best you can of a far from perfect situation.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 16, 2004 18:23     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you Knicker.

All Politics aside...It is my main reason for moving there.
To do what i can to take care of my Family.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 16, 2004 18:29     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
\m/ \m/ family first man...

@Silversurfer... i only made a few jokes about moving to a largely catholic country which i had mixed up with poland for some reason. croatia is at about 90% catholic, and yes i was just trying to bust some balls on my agnostic friend but all in good fun. i just figured some of the countries over there are more strict in religion than even we are here.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 16, 2004 18:40     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Your right about that Hex!
I'm trying very hard to get my mouth to move that way.

She wont teach me how to cuss out my boss in Croatian though.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 16, 2004 19:00     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for that. It will be very usefull.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted August 16, 2004 19:31     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Thank you Knicker.

All Politics aside...It is my main reason for moving there.
To do what i can to take care of my Family.

See? I'm not so bad after all...

But in all seriousness, politics is politics. Personal lives go way deeper and there is no way anybody can down you for wanting to be with and bring up your family. That deserves and gets respect. I'll even stand up for you if I see any posts that diss you for that!!

Man I feel all fluffy now, LOL!!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 16, 2004 20:28     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DLCM likes Fluffy Kittens.

Thanks Knickerdude.

From now on for everyones sake, I will try to keep myself from getting so worked up about nothing.
Especially when I'm guilty of the same crap.

To everyone involved...my apologies.
Sorry for mucking up your thread Hatross.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted August 17, 2004 12:09     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now all we need is a waltons ending....

--------------------

Hail Santa...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan