my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » Planetary Eulogy (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Planetary Eulogy
Planetary Eulogy
VoivodFan
Member # 436

posted April 27, 2004 16:54     Profile for Planetary Eulogy   Email Planetary Eulogy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Intelligence is itself a product of evolution, and using to increase our species' ability to survive and adapt is simply the natural course of action. The alternative to eugenics is passivity, and is thoroughly unnatural. Deliberately breeding the unfit from existence is the course of prudence, and of nature (indeed, we merely do what nature would have done anyway, had pity not gotten in the way).
 |  IP: Logged
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted April 27, 2004 18:49     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try being direct for once, pussy.

quote:
Originally posted by Planetary Eulogy:
...and perhaps one to take punitive measures against the economically exploitive.

Gas chambers, ovens, labor camps.

In your Utopia, what races are inherently inferior to you? Do homosexuals have a place in your society? Or do you discriminate and murder based solely upon your personal intellectual barometer? How about an honest, direct answer. That might help us all get to know you better.

So far you're all textbook blowhard and no guts. Your postings are like transcripts from some insane episode of Nova.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 27, 2004 19:00     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Intelligence is itself a product of evolution, and using to increase our species' ability to survive and adapt is simply the natural course of action.

No argument there...

quote:
The alternative to eugenics is passivity, and is thoroughly unnatural.

No, this is not black and white. The alternative to eugenics has many paths. Inaction is one of many. One possible action that is largely absent these days is of course large scale war. Trouble with that is that if there really was another world war it would annihilate at least 80% of the species on the planet, the survivors left to deal with the deadly nuclear legacy. Only a very few species would survive, humans would not be one of them.

quote:
Deliberately breeding the unfit from existence is the course of prudence, and of nature (indeed, we merely do what nature would have done anyway, had pity not gotten in the way).

No. Deliberate means interference. Interference is unnatural. We humans cannot take the place of what nature does. What we should do is take less pity, yes, but not actively seek to eliminate 'undesireable' elements. If you try and create a species free of inherent defects you will fall on the the very sword you used to take out the undesireables. The logic that you can better the species by eliminating the negative elements of it simply means that more negative elements will come to the surface. Our genetic structure is not perfect. It cannot make carbon copies of istelf. We are degenerating from the moment we are born, and nothing can stop this, which also means genetic defects would continue to afflict us. I would naturally assume that these 'undesirebales' would also have to be taken out. Over time, by continuing to eliminate these undesireable elements, your legacy would be an ever narrowing gene pool, and therefore less diversity, the very thing that true evolution requires. In essence you would create the end of our species using the very methods your science said would preserve us, because without diversity within a species it cannot evolve, and therefore it becomes extinct.

Conclusion: Eugenics is a non-starter.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 27, 2004 19:05     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey:

In your Utopia, what races are inherently inferior to you? Do homosexuals have a place in your society? Or do you discriminate and murder based solely upon your personal intellectual barometer? How about an honest, direct answer. That might help us all get to know you better.

So far you're all textbook blowhard and no guts. Your postings are like transcripts from some insane episode of Nova.

If 'punitave measures' means such brutal justice then yes, this is not something I would ever advocate. Punitave to me means fines, sanctions, and so on. Hope I've clarified that.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted April 27, 2004 19:29     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No worries, Knick.

You = sensible

P.E. = two sandwiches short of a picnic

Planetary Eulogy
VoivodFan
Member # 436

posted April 27, 2004 20:08     Profile for Planetary Eulogy   Email Planetary Eulogy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only thing that would be unnatural is to choose a course which favors in the long run the destruction of our species (and many others), which would be ANY course of action that doesn't include eugenics and population control.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 27, 2004 20:45     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Everytime I enter and read one of these Prozakian threads, I am reminded of that Twilight Zone episode where the scheming megalomaniac proclaims that: "at 4 o'clock, all the evil people will be TWO FEET TALL". Whether or not you've seen this, if you know your TZ you can probably figure out what the outcome was - but the main character's general resemblance to this SRP guy and his mini-muckle of delusional, self-centered buffoons is just uncanny.

I'd love to be able to place them all smack dab in the middle of a world surrounded by the ultimate consequences of these little 'dreams' of theirs. The funny thing is, they'd probably find that it isn't a whole lot different from where they are now, given enough time.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Charon
VoivodFan
Member # 396

posted April 28, 2004 05:21     Profile for Charon   Email Charon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't understand why someone doesn't just ban him.

Hell, I was banned once.
It can't hurt.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 28, 2004 15:12     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
The only thing that would be unnatural is to choose a course which favors in the long run the destruction of our species (and many others), which would be ANY course of action that doesn't include eugenics and population control.

Where is the argument to support this claim? What makes you so sure it won't fall foul of human prejudice just as the Nazi eugenics experiments did? We cannot replace natural selection. We can simulate it, but it will be biased towards whatever the person/people in charge deem to be 'good' and 'bad'. This is not natural, it is interference.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted May 04, 2004 13:55     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ummm... Knick? I think you may have frightened him off.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 04, 2004 16:09     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe he is on holiday?

Just giving him the benefit of the doubt...

--------------------

Hail Santa...

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted May 19, 2004 18:52     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Everytime I enter and read one of these Prozakian threads, I am reminded of that Twilight Zone episode where the scheming megalomaniac proclaims that: "at 4 o'clock, all the evil people will be TWO FEET TALL". Whether or not you've seen this, if you know your TZ you can probably figure out what the outcome was - but the main character's general resemblance to this SRP guy and his mini-muckle of delusional, self-centered buffoons is just uncanny.

I'd love to be able to place them all smack dab in the middle of a world surrounded by the ultimate consequences of these little 'dreams' of theirs. The funny thing is, they'd probably find that it isn't a whole lot different from where they are now, given enough time.

There's a lack of argument in your post, but a lot of characterization. Do you feel contentless communication is more honest than argumentation?

heh heh

--------------------

http://bbs.anus.com/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001471

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 19, 2004 19:14     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Ummm... Knick? I think you may have frightened him off.

It is starting to look that way...

--------------------

Hail Santa...

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted May 21, 2004 07:45     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's unwise to confuse "decided you were not worth his time" with "got scared off"

--------------------

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 21, 2004 15:39     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will take it as I see it. He hasn't an answer is how I see it.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 21, 2004 16:05     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neoclassical:
It's unwise to confuse "decided you were not worth his time" with "got scared off"

Apparently, neoclassical's time is less valuable, as he seems to feel compelled to reply to every thread on this board. What happened Prozak, Burger King cutting back your hours?

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 21, 2004 16:13     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally, I think it's time to kick the pusillanimous gimp.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted May 21, 2004 17:08     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 21, 2004 17:21     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, an obtuse stab at humour. I almost shocked myself when I smiled, but fortunately I quickly realised it was a wry one. I almost feel sorry for the useless sack of protoplasm.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted May 22, 2004 04:06     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

humour?

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted May 22, 2004 21:43     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember when there were literate people who could hold a debate on the internet. Now it seems there's just circle cliques...

--------------------

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 23, 2004 06:38     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You claim to be one of them?

I thought anus was EXACTLY that: A clique of egotistical extremists.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted May 23, 2004 09:08     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mr neoclassical.
I have 2 questions for you.

Do you belive a meaningful debate can take place if the participants uses different debate tactics stating their facts and beliefs when they debate?

Do you think a debate can be of any value if one person uses relativism and the other person uses the boolean (logical positivism = true or false) approach during the debate?

I presume you are intellegent enough to you understand what I am asking for.

Before you eventually critizise my vocabulary, be so kind and keep in mind that english is not my first language.

Thank you.

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted May 23, 2004 13:57     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knickerzohnonnof:
You claim to be one of them?

I thought anus was EXACTLY that: A clique of egotistical extremists.

Your interpretation is clearly wrong

--------------------

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted May 23, 2004 13:59     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AnnkiZ:

1 - Do you belive a meaningful debate can take place if the participants uses different debate tactics stating their facts and beliefs when they debate?

2 - Do you think a debate can be of any value if one person uses relativism and the other person uses the boolean (logical positivism = true or false) approach during the debate?

1 - A standard tactic of debate is always preferred, but apparently, that's not available here

2 - Do you mean relativism sensu Schopenhauer or relativism sensu postmodernism? In the case of the former, it explains the boolean attribute as a product of its own logic.

In my view, logical positivism is a well-intentioned attempt corrupted by modern society such as to become an artifact of modern liberalism/individualism.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan