my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Thrashing Rage   » Worst Thrash album (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Worst Thrash album
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted August 19, 2002 16:43     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My vote:
Anvil Bitch - Rise To Offend
There are times throughout this album that you can hear the drummer completely fall apart at the kit. Not mention one of the worst singers to step up to the mic.
The singer is almost as bad as the cat from Faith Or Fear. FOF had some killer riff's though.

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 25, 2002 10:25     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Infusion, I'll have to agree with you on the Faith or Fear. I always used to wonder why they were on that Ultimate Revenge 2 vid. Guess they needed some filler. I didn't like anything about them including the riffs.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 26, 2002 11:16     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had on vinyl one of Meliah Rage's albums, maybe the first one, with that song, "The witching". It came for a buck or two, so I bought it. And man, that was crap. Never buy it, if you have the chance. Save your money.
2scared2scream
VoivodFan
Member # 77

posted September 01, 2002 01:23     Profile for 2scared2scream   Email 2scared2scream     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone remember the band BLOODCUM? They had a record out on Wild Rags, and Tom Araya and Jeff Hanneman's brothers were in the band? THAT was the worst thrash I ever heard!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 02, 2002 20:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 2scared2scream:
Anyone remember the band BLOODCUM? They had a record out on Wild Rags, and Tom Araya and Jeff Hanneman's brothers were in the band? THAT was the worst thrash I ever heard!

I have (or had) that record and I didn't think it was THAT bad. Then again I guess it wasn't good enough for me to listen to it too much, and obviously not good enough for a continued record deal. I guess they went back to being roadies for their famous brothers.

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 29, 2002 08:56     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember hearing Catherdral's "ebony tears" for the 1st time and felt like kicking the stereo in.

Mind you, I still love "ride" by them, I think that was off their 2nd offering (I'm not a real fan) heavier than a pair of king Kong's testicles !!!!

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted October 30, 2002 09:33     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pup:
I remember hearing Catherdral's "ebony tears" for the 1st time and felt like kicking the stereo in.

Mind you, I still love "ride" by them, I think that was off their 2nd offering (I'm not a real fan) heavier than a pair of king Kong's testicles !!!!

I have tried 3 times to sell that sodding cd on ebay, stop telling those that don't know how "difficult" it is...

nice cover, mind.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted October 30, 2002 09:38     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
An aside:
Worst/Best thrash lyric:

"I defecate before the holy one."

Can't for the life of me remember who wrote it.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted October 30, 2002 14:38     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BumEggs:
[QB]Does anyone remember "Running Wild"
QB]

Oh fuck yeah! I have their first 2 albums Gates To Purgatory and Branded & Exiled. Excellent stuff. I never got into the pirate stuff, though. It's supposed to be good. I'm gonna download some and see what it's like.

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 31, 2002 10:02     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Am i right in saying Running Wild had a young "Paul Gilbert" on geeeeetar? (I think he went on to Mr. Big with that blond karate bass chop git who was with Vai on the ultraworld tour.)

I've got Paul Gilberts guitar vid - vol 2 - it's mint

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 01, 2002 08:42     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No mate, Paul Gilbert was in Racer X (along with Scott Travis, now of Judas fuckin' Priest).

Check out: http://www.paulgilbert.com/

I got the first PG video, where he saws a guitar in half. Very funny, certainly a lot better than the laughably awful Vinnie Vincent guitar video. 'Look How Great I Am', he says, before proving that he in fact sucks.

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted November 04, 2002 06:12     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Racer X, Symphony X, King's X

it's all the same to me

Still, anyone who take an electric drill to his seymour duncans is fine with me

iancstewart
VoivodFan
Member # 212

posted February 27, 2003 16:13     Profile for iancstewart   Email iancstewart     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oi Bum Eggs, I'll have your Cathedral stuff if nobody else wants it. I love them all!

Worst Thrash album ever is
SORE THROAT - Disgrace To The Corpse Of Sid.
101 Trax! 90 "tracks" on side one and 11 of the most shittily (is that a word?) produced thrash ever, with a crappy song on the end about loving thrash! "love my thrash I really do, I really do, I really do! love my thrash I really do. oh paranoid metal." something to that effect. Awful!

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted March 01, 2003 10:08     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL, Sore Throat was to thrash what Anal Cunt is to grind...
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 13, 2003 05:20     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iancstewart:
Oi Bum Eggs, I'll have your Cathedral stuff if nobody else wants it. I love them all!

Worst Thrash album ever is
SORE THROAT - Disgrace To The Corpse Of Sid.
101 Trax! 90 "tracks" on side one and 11 of the most shittily (is that a word?) produced thrash ever, with a crappy song on the end about loving thrash! "love my thrash I really do, I really do, I really do! love my thrash I really do. oh paranoid metal." something to that effect. Awful!

My god, sir! I wish to swap my Cathedral stuff for the album you describe there.

I think I've ebayed most of it. soz...

I'll check in the 'for sale' box and post back.

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted March 13, 2003 13:06     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is a new winner!

Doomwatch: A Symphony Of Decadence

I listened to it this morning and forgot how bad it is.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 13, 2003 19:47     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Possessed-Seven Churches
Voivod
VoivodFan
Member # 222

posted March 13, 2003 22:50     Profile for Voivod   Email Voivod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There was a Swedish? Norwegian? Finnish? metal band named Cyclone, that put out an album on Roadrunner in '86 by the name of Brutal Destruction. The first track is an instrumental called "Prelude to the End", which is unimaginitve, but listenable.

The rest of the album is plauged by some of the worst vocals I've ever heard in any music, nevermind thrash. The pain peaks with "Incest Love" where the singer attempts to be uh, emotive.

I still have the album on vinyl (in great shape, I only played the whole thing through once.

Horrid, horrid stuff.

war4territory
VoivodFan
Member # 239

posted March 14, 2003 18:45     Profile for war4territory   Email war4territory     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the worst i have heard from a band trying to be serious(i remember bloodcum & don't think they were) was sacrilege;I know nothing about them but they had cool artwork that suggested heavy and one listen to this band will make you sterile, they are awful. Whoever listed anthrax & possessed is WAY out of line. Raven was another consideration w/ some song about a city if any one can remember?
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 21, 2003 15:52     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've finally checked the 'Cathedral' situation:
I have 'Forest of Equelibrium' on cd but nowt else.
Interested, Ian?

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 06, 2003 13:51     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:
Possessed-Seven Churches

You can't be serious! That album ownz j00r s0ul!

Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted April 06, 2003 16:30     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with Nuclear Vampire this album is so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 15, 2003 17:09     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Worst thrash album? Hm, Prophets of doom - access to wisdom. That is truly appalling.

Possessed??? They need to be in the 'best' category IMO

prozak666
VoivodFan
Member # 236

posted April 15, 2003 23:13     Profile for prozak666   Email prozak666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BumEggs:
An aside:
Worst/Best thrash lyric:

"I defecate before the holy one."

Can't for the life of me remember who wrote it.

I think it's prepositional confusion - why not simply defecate UPON the holy one?
www.veronica-moser.com

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted April 17, 2003 11:51     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I made the mistake of following that link...

makes same mental note for hundredth time:
'must not follow link, just because it's there...'

Anyway, "..before the holy one.." is how I remember it, and it scans far funnier that way...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan