my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Thrashing Rage   » Worst Thrash album (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Worst Thrash album
Das Reich
VoivodFan
Member # 286

posted April 19, 2003 16:41     Profile for Das Reich   Email Das Reich     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Wrekking Machine album (whatever the fuck it was called)...
 |  IP: Logged
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted April 21, 2003 17:18     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
He won, and god did he face some stiff competition overall, with a track called
"When Gods Collide!". I'll be impressed if anyone can remember who wrote that.
It was unusually dreadful Euro thrash, with indecipherable lyrics and a sort of thrash-by-numbers idiot enthusiuasm.
Anyone else hear that? Knowing my luck, one of you wrote it...

I've remembered - it was "Thor". They're the band that make Manowar look like The Kronos Quartet.

It his THOR on the 1985 ONLY THE STRONG album I can confirm you. But Thor is not a Thrash band, it's hardrock / metal.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted April 22, 2003 03:42     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
You can't be serious! That album ownz j00r s0ul!

It bites.
Next I'd say, Hollows Eve,Zoetrope, Agent Steel, anything by Death Angel, Sepultura, Cannibal Corpse, Anthrax, Megadeth after the third album, Celaphic Carnage, Overkill, Venom, Hellhammer, Motorhead, Slayer-god hates [our guitar leads] Pantera, Death, Morbid Angel,

well, you asked

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 22, 2003 05:22     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Megadeth after the third album!?
Rust in Peace (album number 4) is their best one! Plus the third album's crap. 'Into the Lungs of Hell' and that's it, terrible (even more so than usual) production and one of the weakest guitar sounds ever. And that HORRIBLE cover of 'Anarchy in the UK'

Whuile I respect your opinion wholeheartedly, WTF are you smoking!?

Oh, and while we're here, I nominate:

Megadeth - So Far, So Good... So What!?

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted April 22, 2003 05:24     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Syl Disjonk:
[QUOTE]
It his THOR on the 1985 ONLY THE STRONG album I can confirm you. But Thor is not a Thrash band, it's hardrock / metal.

Yep, that's catagorisation for you. However, they still mean pretty much the same thing....

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 22, 2003 08:33     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
Megadeth - So Far, So Good... So What!?

I agree the cover is arse, but the rest of the album is damn good IMO, Mary Jane is a classic. Rust in peace is ok apart from take no prisoners, which is terrible. After that they did suck big time. Youthanaisa is utter dross, and that's when I left Megadeth alone, apart from listening to a track or two off each release after that just to confirm they still sucked.

ColossusIR8
VoivodFan
Member # 247

posted April 23, 2003 08:05     Profile for ColossusIR8   Email ColossusIR8     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pantera- Vuler display of power.
Not sure if it counts as thrash, but its the worst metal album i have heard. Glamtera sucks!

Paulander7
VoivodFan
Member # 298

posted April 29, 2003 17:24     Profile for Paulander7   Email Paulander7     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any addtional votes for...?

Helstar "Nosferatu"
Liege Lord "Burn to My Touch"
Sword "Sweet Dreams"
Bitter End "Harsh Realities"

These have been gathering dust in my tape collection for 10+ years, BUT they are ideal choices if you need to clear out your house party in a hurry.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 30, 2003 15:06     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knickerzohnonnof:
I agree the cover is arse, but the rest of the album is damn good IMO, Mary Jane is a classic. Rust in peace is ok apart from take no prisoners, which is terrible. After that they did suck big time. Youthanaisa is utter dross, and that's when I left Megadeth alone, apart from listening to a track or two off each release after that just to confirm they still sucked.

Still have to disagree (don't know why, I'm bored)... 'So Far, So Good...' is unfocused, messy, and it sounds it. There are some nice ideas, like the first thirty seconds of 'Liar' and 'Lungs of Hell' but apart from that it sounds like a mess, in the production, execution and the songwriting. Okay, it's probably not the worst, but it's still terrible. Especially comparing it to the albums before (Peace Sells...) and after (RIP). So there.

My two pennies worth. I, of course, respect your opinion.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 01, 2003 15:53     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
Okay, it's probably not the worst, but it's still terrible. Especially comparing it to the albums before (Peace Sells...) and after (RIP). So there.

My two pennies worth. I, of course, respect your opinion.

Hehehehe, we will agree to differ

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 18, 2003 02:22     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sanctuary - Refuge Denied is the most Craptastic thrash album ever. word.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted May 20, 2003 09:38     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:
Possessed-Seven Churches

boy you've got to be joking... Seven Churches is a milestone in metal history!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted May 20, 2003 09:41     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:
It bites.
Next I'd say, Hollows Eve,Zoetrope, Agent Steel, anything by Death Angel, Sepultura, Cannibal Corpse, Anthrax, Megadeth after the third album, Celaphic Carnage, Overkill, Venom, Hellhammer, Motorhead, Slayer-god hates [our guitar leads] Pantera, Death, Morbid Angel

there... I knew you were just kidding.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted May 25, 2003 15:20     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, Really.

I thought Ultra Violence was good when it came out. But it didn't stand the test of time. The lyrics are really lame, too.

Frolic Through The Park really blows. So many of those bands died a quick death because they were no good. And thats fine with me. Larry Lalonde did some great work for Primus. And metal was better without them.

Handle With Care got me hating Nuclear Assault, but I dig "Game Over" and "The Plague."

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted May 30, 2003 04:22     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knickerzohnonnof:

Don't forget Hook in Mouth... Cool song but this (and I quote the last line) is pretty lame : "I'm not a fish, but I'm a man, Hook in Mouth!!!"

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 01, 2003 17:20     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guidon:
Don't forget Hook in Mouth... Cool song but this (and I quote the last line) is pretty lame : "I'm not a fish, but I'm a man, Hook in Mouth!!!"

Hehehe, must admit that line hasn't stood the test of time.

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 17, 2003 01:27     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
Sanctuary - Refuge Denied is the most Craptastic thrash album ever. word.

Would you have wanted your 1986 debut metal album to be produced by that crack-head Dave Mustaine??? Sanctuary were a decent band with good potential, but they couldn't capture how powerfull their live sound was on record.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan