my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Experiment   » Ow! Sore fingers (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Ow! Sore fingers
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 03, 2004 17:44     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Been practicing a lot lately, now my fingers are so sore it hurts to type.

Anyone know a cure? Not practicing is not an option!

Surely professional musicians don't have this problem - they wouldn't be able to play night after night if they did.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 03, 2004 20:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The hand lotion I use certainly helps.
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted May 04, 2004 13:53     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Superglue on the fingertips - if you don't mind having no fingerprints.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 04, 2004 16:11     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Heliplopter:
Been practicing a lot lately, now my fingers are so sore it hurts to type.

Anyone know a cure? Not practicing is not an option!

Surely professional musicians don't have this problem - they wouldn't be able to play night after night if they did.

No, professional musicians don't have problems with sore fingers...they have 'groupies'

--------------------

Hail Santa...

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted May 06, 2004 15:06     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've heard of people soaking their finger in a solution to help develop calouses. Some salt water mixture maybe? Mostly that was for fingerstyle.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 06, 2004 22:17     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
playing this every monday night for the last 7 months has toughened my callouses.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 07, 2004 15:08     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Practicing on an acoustic guitar is a great way to toughen your fingers up for electric. Your fingers will float all over the fretboard after a good workout on an acoustic.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 12, 2004 10:31     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Suffer for your art Mr Hellicopter! The pain will travel through the strings and lay waste to all that has gone before. Or something.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 12, 2004 17:04     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Suffering is not a problem, Stretch. The problem was last week when I practiced o long and hard the previous day, that at the Jamming Club I could not lay Metal waste and Classical Arppegios Aplenty to the throbing masses of uneducated Indie Scum in the audience. All I could do was, you know, strum a bit.

I am aware of your thoughts on the issue of Yankwie Malmsteebation, Mr Armstrong, but the very Vibes of Metal were at stake!

Gah!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 13, 2004 05:48     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dastardly news, brave widdler! Those indie kids could use a heavy dose of riffery. I have no soloution to your problem. I can only hope that you return to full finger strength otherwise no-one can save them from mundane xfm daytime playlist musik.
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted May 15, 2004 02:40     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anthony:
I've heard of people soaking their finger in a solution to help develop calouses. Some salt water mixture maybe? Mostly that was for fingerstyle.

Do what some Major League baseball players do: Urinate on your hands! Soak your fingers in your very own special concocktion made up of human waste to help develop calouses. A salty miture it is, aye?

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted May 15, 2004 04:30     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
playing this every monday night for the last 7 months has toughened my callouses.

Aww, I miss my old "Bjarton". steel strings, no nylons. Struggeling every day.

Bleeding fingertips... played it every day,
when I was young.

Very nice pic!

quote:
Slugbutt wrote:
Urinate on your hands...

My grandmother told me they did that back in the "old days" to heal sour hands. Maybe she was right...

--------------------

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted May 16, 2004 23:02     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What are sour hands? I'm thinking they are sour from the urine? hehe

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted May 17, 2004 00:42     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nooooo, sh*t. My english..... Most Embarrasing!

I mean when the skin on your hands are very dry and sore. Not sour.

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted May 17, 2004 19:44     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I punch pretentious egalitarians, especially ANTIFAs. Not only does it help the hands, but it relaxes the mind!

--------------------

http://bbs.anus.com/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001471

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted May 18, 2004 11:23     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Punching requires one use the entire body to get that hand into motion, unless one is doing the limp-wristed gesture to which you allude, so clearly your statement is confused.

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 18, 2004 12:22     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nuh-uh. You made a mistake, suck it up and admit it. Be a man.
Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted May 18, 2004 14:15     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
Well, where I come from, "punching" with the part of the hand (called the 'fingers') used for fretting is called 'slapping'. Does your pinky stick out when you hold teacups as well?

Unless you play guitar with your knuckles. Back under your bridge!

Haha, good words!

Kick boxing is also a good exercise when it comes to relax your mind, especially when one uses N-N as training equipment.

*My older brother thought me how to "jab" and how to throw out a real nice uppercut.*

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 18, 2004 19:21     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i thought the "punching egalitarians" comment was hilarious, myself. not because punching egalitarians is funny, either.

--------------------

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted May 19, 2004 17:59     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You've got an underdeveloped sense of humor. (And the other guy is too dumb to understand metaphor, and AnnkiZ clearly suffers from a guilt complex, and the American president clearly suffers from a Judeo-Christian imperial complex, etc. etc.)

--------------------

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted May 19, 2004 18:07     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Translation: hex is baffled, so he reverts to kindergarten behavior.

Trolling - works every time!

--------------------

neoclassical
VoivodFan
Member # 433

posted May 19, 2004 18:46     Profile for neoclassical   Email neoclassical     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Someday you'll make it to that level

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 19, 2004 20:06     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neoclassical:
You've got an underdeveloped sense of humor. (And the other guy is too dumb to understand metaphor, and AnnkiZ clearly suffers from a guilt complex, and the American president clearly suffers from a Judeo-Christian imperial complex, etc. etc.)

oh, believe me, the mental image of you backing up your words with fists is a laugh-riot.

--------------------

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 20, 2004 02:23     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neoclassical:

And you're a dipshit who can't understand relevance to topics. Punching people has nothing to do with developing calluses on one's finger.

Metaphor is thus:

"Prozak, the irritating boil on the arsehole of humanity."

Simile is thus:

"Prozak is *like* the irritating boil on the arsecrack of humanity."

Subtle difference. You achieved neither metaphor nor simile (not even analogy), but you succeeded at 'being an annoying pseudo-intellectual cunt'. Bravo. Have a diploma. You truly have the admiration of all.

Trollz
VoivodFan
Member # 393

posted May 20, 2004 04:24     Profile for Trollz   Email Trollz     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
oh, believe me, the mental image of you backing up your words with fists is a laugh-riot.

Creatures like "neo" don't want to get their little hands dirty. They have others to do their dirty work.

And from what I have experienced Neo-Nazis are such cowards that they operate in groups of 2 or 3 when they want to abuse someone physically.

Do I suffer from any guilt complex??
HELL, NO!!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan