my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » ROADBURN overnight (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: ROADBURN overnight
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 06, 2012 01:59     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Why the birthdates? Don't they let old people in??

Nah, it's because most Voivodians are a bit old and get retirement discount for the chalets...

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 06, 2012 07:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha...Paul got the senior discount for the group???
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 06, 2012 15:52     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh shit, haha. Good one Lee...oops! Mez, that is.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted March 12, 2012 01:48     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SO GUYS ARE YOU READY! we are practicing the two sets that we are going to play at the Roadburn. It's going to be fun...a lots of work but fun! can wait to meet all of you, we will be around for sure. Nice little shack Paul, how far is it from Tilburg?
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 12, 2012 08:59     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
SO GUYS ARE YOU READY! we are practicing the two sets that we are going to play at the Roadburn. It's going to be fun...a lots of work but fun! can wait to meet all of you, we will be around for sure. Nice little shack Paul, how far is it from Tilburg?

Approx. 5 km I guess. We will be ready for you. Be sure to print some extra T-shirts in XXL, because I have grown out of all my Voivod tee's.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted March 12, 2012 11:54     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm already ready... Fuck, I've been ready for a whole life to listen to DIMENSION HATROSS live entirely. And I will surely EXPLODE, so keep some distance girls and boys, it can get disgusting.

Can't wait!!!!!!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 12, 2012 16:35     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
SO GUYS ARE YOU READY!

...and GALS too \m/ !

Haha, the Elders Shack will, well, hopefully not see much action if we're all off at some art gallery, gig, dog-foraken dark corner or bar counter.

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted March 12, 2012 17:21     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
...and GALS too \m/ !

Haha, the Elders Shack will, well, hopefully not see much action if we're all off at some art gallery, gig, dog-foraken dark corner or bar counter.

Did somebody say...

art gallery ?

yessssssssssss!

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted March 12, 2012 17:28     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
SO GUYS ARE YOU READY! we are practicing the two sets that we are going to play at the Roadburn. It's going to be fun...a lots of work but fun!

ALMOST READY -- been writing my fingers off working on the 2012 festival booklet in addition to 'regular' work...One last article to go: the one celebrating Voivod as this year's curators! I have narrowed it down to two versions...will be finishing the final draft this week

Then it's off to Jamaica for some ornithological research - that's not a euphemism for anything dodgy like renting a rasta or smoking anything, swear to goddess

ONE MORE MONTH...
BUILD YOUR SIX WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 13, 2012 04:14     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaaahhh, cool.

When I got my ticket to the Voivod show from Les last year in Tilburg I walked besides the same art gallery where they had an exibition too. Many many beautifull full color foto's of mostly Celtic Frost were exposed.

My task to guide all people from this board to this very exibition.

This must be the coolest with much Michel Langevin art...

I know where it is..... Follow me....

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 13, 2012 05:06     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
I know where it is..... Follow me....

Take a bright colored umbrella Paul, so we can find our guide back in the crowd

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 14, 2012 14:26     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jamaica? Damn, have fun. Who has better diggity dank (or, ornithological specimens)? The Netherlands or Jamaica?

This is getting more exciting, no?

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 17, 2012 09:10     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am a bit confused with the venues. Does the 013 venue have 3 seperate stages? How many different venues are there and how far from each other???
It looks like Voivod and Black Breath are overlapping on the Friday don't want to miss any more of Black Breath than we have to, they are awesome.

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 17, 2012 09:13     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Roadburn timetables

Timetable for those of you on Facebook, I don't think the timetable is on the official site yet.

--------------------

String em up

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 17, 2012 09:53     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I am a bit confused with the venues. Does the 013 venue have 3 seperate stages? How many different venues are there and how far from each other???
It looks like Voivod and Black Breath are overlapping on the Friday don't want to miss any more of Black Breath than we have to, they are awesome.

Hmmm, 013 has the main stage (2000 pax), the small stage (350 pax) and one petit stage (150 pax) with a bar (bar = important). Across the alley, where the main entrance is is the merch section. One street further is the Midi theatre (I guess 500 - 600 pax), what is a 2 - 3 minute walk.

Correct me if I'm wrong

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 17, 2012 10:06     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:

One street further is the Midi theatre (I guess 500 - 600 pax), what is a 2 - 3 minute walk.

Correct me if I'm wrong

This is where we met Snake, learning his lyrics to the song Kaleidos. Haha

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted March 18, 2012 05:40     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HV - Clashes are almost inevitable but you'll be able to catch most of Black Breath before Voivod's Dimension Hatross show without too much bother as the Green Room and Main Stage are inside the same building (013).

The 013 indeed has three different stages and as this is your first time at Roadburn part of the fun will be navigating the corridors and stairs that link them up -- it can seem like quite a strange labyrinth at first. (At first? I still get mixed up sometimes!)

Ground floor: foyer bar, smoking area, food stands, entrances to Main Hall & Green Room, another bar and smoking area at Green Room end, token vending machines.

1st floor: entrances to Main Hall & Green Room balcony.

2nd floor: entrances to Main Hall balcony & 01 Stage (where EOLB are playing), WCs.

Basement: coat check, merchandise check, drink/food token window, WCs.

Directly across from 013 is the V39, where you'll find Voivod merch (and merch for all of the other bands playing in the 013). The Roadburn cinema is located in the basement. Puzzleface, starring none other than Snake, will be one of the films this year.

Sadly, the Midi Theatre will NOT be part of the festival this year. The city council shut it down earlier this year due to untold bureaucratic snafus.

But, the good news is that there will be a fourth stage: Het Patronaat. It's on the same side of the street as the V39, a quick walk from the 013.

I've never been there so I can't attest to the sound quality / visibility, but hopefully it will prove a good replacement for the Midi!

Oh yes, and a Stage 01 (maybe we should call it the EOLB Stage?) tip: it tends to get super congested at the entrance, so you might want to get there a little earlier and stake out a place before the band of your choice starts. If the band is already playing, don't be afraid to wade into the seemingly packed room and make your way up front as there's almost always room, no matter how overflowing it may seem at first glance.

See you next month

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 18, 2012 07:24     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
...maybe we should call it the EOLB Stage

Rolls off the tongue, heh heh! We're driving over in this, so stop and help if you see us broken down at the side of the road:

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 18, 2012 07:30     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
Sadly, the Midi Theatre will NOT be part of the festival this year. The city council shut it down earlier this year due to untold bureaucratic snafus.

But, the good news is that there will be a fourth stage: Het Patronaat. It's on the same side of the street as the V39, a quick walk from the 013.

I've never been there so I can't attest to the sound quality / visibility, but hopefully it will prove a good replacement for the Midi!

Glad to get this info, because after a few beers I could have walked to the Midi theatre instead of the Patronaat....

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 18, 2012 08:33     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I havae never been to Patronaata either, is it somewhere near the old "Noorderligt" theater?
Or IS it the "Noorderligt Theater".

here I saw Voivod on their outer limits tour.... For the very first time... After being a fan for over years....

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 18, 2012 08:42     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aah yeah the first tour I saw them on too!
There are some bad clashes, d.USK and Virus, Killing Joke and Lord Vicar. Can't avoid them I suppose!

--------------------

String em up

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 18, 2012 11:40     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Aah yeah the first tour I saw them on too!
There are some bad clashes, d.USK and Virus, Killing Joke and Lord Vicar. Can't avoid them I suppose!

I am pretty unfamiliar with most bands....
I am certain you can guide me along some goooood music.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 18, 2012 15:27     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm still unfamiliar with most of the bands playing, but I'm sure they're all good, so everyone will have clashes!

--------------------

String em up

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 18, 2012 15:29     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
I am pretty unfamiliar with most bands....
I am certain you can guide me along some goooood music.

You just can't miss Red Fang, because it's a lot about rock and beer

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 18, 2012 15:53     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
You just can't miss Red Fang, because it's a lot about rock and beer

Haha yeah i know them... They were mentioned here before....

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan