my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod to curate Roadburn festival 2012 (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Voivod to curate Roadburn festival 2012
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 03, 2011 17:07     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Special Guest: Eric Forest, and the trio plays a shit ton of PHOBOS!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 05, 2011 07:39     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yay!!!!

--------------------

String em up

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 07, 2011 15:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh shiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!

Latest Roadburn News...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 07, 2011 15:47     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
oh shiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!

Latest Roadburn News...

Heey Harry. How did you do that?? Way to go..

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 07, 2011 16:11     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK!!!! VOIVOD & EOLB!!!!!!! That's a lineup that should do a world tour together!!! Have fun everyone who is getting to go to this historic event... lucky fuckers.

--------------------

yawn

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted November 07, 2011 16:36     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
oh shiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!

Latest Roadburn News...

Wooowser!!
You gave me a hint on farsebook a while back. Excellent news ol chap. Now see if you can get a press pass for ol Uffe so he can capture the event in a proper way

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 07, 2011 20:54     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Most excellent news indeed!!!!

--------------------

String em up

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted November 08, 2011 01:12     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy cow..., congrats Harry! Now we do some beers for sure, including some other vvf's I guess

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 08, 2011 06:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck man, if a bunch of you VVF's can make it, it'll be the greatest weekend of all time... might even put Wacken 2010 to shame! Wish we had a bunch of guest passes, as you'd all get them, but unfortunately that's not the case. know I'll see a few of you there. Hope I'll see all of yer!
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted November 09, 2011 08:33     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess I'll try to make it this time. Too good to miss it: voivod, eolb, dimension and the poop camp reunion (we should do a comeback album); although I have no clue on where to get money from to pay for the flights... But at least I gotta have a ticket and then we'll see... Which leads me to:

Is Paul's offer to get tickets for some of us still standing? ... My paypal account is ready to butcher my finances right now :-)

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted November 09, 2011 09:52     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrr:
Is Paul's offer to get tickets for some of us still standing? ... My paypal account is ready to butcher my finances right now :-)

I will get the tickets for Mr & Mrs Vroom. Had to sort it out with a friend of mine, because of the 2 ticket per person purchase limitation. One regular Roadburner of our bunch is not sure for Roadburn, so maybe we can do a third ticket, if Paul is at the 2 ticket limitation already (sounds like some Dirty Harry scene... )

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted November 09, 2011 11:08     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just let me know if you can get that extra ticket + who/where to send my money and I'm all into it. I would even pretend that I love dutch dynamite (and I'd go as far as actually drinking it again) as a sign of eternal gratitude. :-)

quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
I will get the tickets for Mr & Mrs Vroom. Had to sort it out with a friend of mine, because of the 2 ticket per person purchase limitation. One regular Roadburner of our bunch is not sure for Roadburn, so maybe we can do a third ticket, if Paul is at the 2 ticket limitation already (sounds like some Dirty Harry scene... )

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted November 09, 2011 11:26     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No damn tents this time guys!

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 09, 2011 13:02     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Booo! Tents were fun! Hope you can make it Igor, and that goes for everyone here - how about Skul & Mez?!!!

Let me know where you guys end up staying. We may have to find accomodation for the nights we're not playing. Could be fun to all try and get in the same place.

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted November 09, 2011 13:12     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I second that H, I'd miss the tents... And of course it would be cool if all the VVFs were staying at the same place, so we can take care of each other or simply sing poop songs on our way back to crash.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 09, 2011 15:31     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YAYYYYY for no fucking tents!! Can't wait for this

--------------------

String em up

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted November 10, 2011 02:38     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm, I live an 45 - 60 minutes drive from the venue, so no tent for me either. Btw..., it can get very cold at night in April in the Netherlands......

I invited the Vrooms some time ago and maybe can offer, besides the attic guest room, one extra bed in my music/office room.

My friends and I allways switch every day with driving, so nobody has to stay sober for more than one day

When there are more VVF's (H, Mr & Mrs Head Villain) and we all would like to stay all at the same place, maybe I can check something out near Tilburg. With many people at the same place at the same time can get difficult and expesive, because only the big(ger) (and less cheap) hotels have enough space. In my case (and guests) it would be silly to book a room, but it sounds fun for sure. But I guess we have to wait until we're sure who's purchased a ticket..

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted November 10, 2011 06:07     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Roadburn 2012 Update!

Voivod will still be playing two nights in a row, with Dimension on Friday the 13th.

However, they will not play on Saturday the 14th. Instead, we can look forward to Au-delà du Réel: The Pilot Episode on Thursday, April 12th!

Thursday is going to be a monster-freaking-festival in itself, I mean, in the main hall alone you've got Agalloch, d.USK/diSEMBOWELMENT, Killing Joke, OM, Ulver and Voivod!!!!!

My advice is to start training now or you'll never make it through the entire weekend LOL

Incidentally, this change was necessary due to Killing Joke's tour schedule next spring; they'll be in Paris on the 13th and couldn't make it for the full-on Voivod Friday. It's so incredibly cool and wonderful that everyone -- KJ, Voivod, Roadburn -- found a way to make it work.

Now if we could just get die kreuzen to reform...

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted November 10, 2011 06:27     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Killing Joke?! Now I'm over excited... Blast modus is definitely on!!

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted November 10, 2011 06:35     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also -- about buying tickets; you do not have to physically be in the Netherlands to buy Roadburn tix. Yes, it's easier and more fun, but if you live abroad you can order them online.

I know it's nerve-wracking and doesn't always work, and there will be lots of traffic on the site, but don't give up before trying!!!

Come on, Voivod managed to survive for 25+ years, you can try to buy Roadburn tix online!

Tickets will go on sale November 26th, 10:00 Central European Time.

Be sure to create your Ticketmaster.nl account in advance. That way you can save your information and avoid extra time-consuming steps when you log on to purchase your tickets when they go on sale.

The Ticketmaster.nl site is available in English. The following is copied from the site:

Create an account

To create an account, please enter the details required in the form. Once you are a registered customer, you can login next time simply by clicking on "Login". (Your email address and password will be required.)

Enter payment details

Choose your payment method. If you choose to pay with your credit card, please have your credit card ready to enter the details that are required. You have three minutes to enter this information. If you do not enter your credit card information within three minutes, your reservation will be cancelled.

From abroad you can order your tickets through our website www.ticketmaster.nl. You can make your payment with a valid creditcard (VISA, Eurocard/Mastercard, American Express). On ticketmaster.nl payments are processed by Netgiro. When you continue you will be able to select VISA, Mastercard or American Express.

It is also possible to order tickets from abroad by telephone (only when you are not living in The Netherlands) at our Call Center, tel.: 0031 10 592 71 25.

Due to fraud risks with credit cards issued outside of Europe (including the US) the payment sometimes doesn't go through.

You can buy tickets online with your Mastercard or Visa credit card if you have a card issued in one of the European or American Mastercard or Visa secured countries.

American Express credit cards are only accepted if issued in The Netherlands.

If you have a card issued elsewhere and you would like to buy tickets from abroad, please contact our Call Center, tel.: 0031 10 592 71 25.

We will send you instructions to wire the purchase price directly into our bank account. After receiving your money, we will send you your ordered tickets by e-mail.

Confirmation

The transaction is completed when a confirmation statement is displayed on your screen.

For VVF-ers in the UK, tix go on sale 9am your time.

If you are in Chile, put down your six weapons and pick up the phone or get on the computer at 6am.

If you live in Montreal, tix will go on sale at 4am your time.

And those thrashing ragers in New Mexico? 2am your time.

Etc, etc!

Thanks to the World Clock Time Zone Converter http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

And to repeat what I posted earlier -- even if it's not possible to snag tickets on the day they go on sale, the closer we get to April, you will find people (nice, non-scamming people) selling extra tix online via the official Roadburn forum over at foreverdoomed.com.

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted November 10, 2011 13:02     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Leslie: due to all the helpful info you have been so kind to share; you definitely earned your original signed copy of the last six weapons album; al the way from Shit-le.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 10, 2011 13:16     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just tried to create an account on there but I got an error message saying "an attacker on your network could be trying to gt you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of tiketmaster.nl."
Anyone else got this??

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 10, 2011 13:17     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also when I click on "contact" I get a load of stuff in Dutch, but no contact email or contact form.
Does it have to be through this website?? Has it been hacked or something?

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted November 10, 2011 14:45     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Killing Joke? Sheesh. Excuse me while I crawl under my desk, curl into a fetal position, suck my thumb and cry now.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 10, 2011 16:31     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
I just tried to create an account on there but I got an error message saying "an attacker on your network could be trying to gt you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of tiketmaster.nl."
Anyone else got this??

Looks like it may be a browser-related problem [ie. slightly shabby website code ], as the site seems to work fine with IE8. I get the same error messages as you did in the latest version of Firefox.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan