my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Warriors of Ice live record (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Warriors of Ice live record
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted April 06, 2011 10:57     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Was this coming out yesterday? It wasn't in my record store.
 |  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 06, 2011 14:17     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's coming out in May... Some places list April 5th and others May 4th, so not really sure what's up.

Can't find if for sale, or even pre-order online though...

Anybody have the scoop on the official release date? VV.com just states a "Spring release", but does feature a nice update on the artwork. http://www.voivod.com/

Wondering what label this would come on on, or if it will be self-released? Nothing on Relapse Records about it.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 06, 2011 15:47     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I looked on the Indica site, and nothing...
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted April 06, 2011 23:51     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I couldn't even find a mention of Voivod at the label's site. What's the deal?

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 07, 2011 01:51     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was hoping to buy it at Roadburn, but it looks we all have to wait.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted April 11, 2011 17:17     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We will have copies to sell in Europe, it is coming out on May 10, but available digitally on April 26.

Can't wait to play live again!!!

Mächina
VoivodFan
Member # 1095

posted April 12, 2011 00:33     Profile for Mächina   Email Mächina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My constant question everytime a new album is released.... when is it going to get to latin america? And Voivod should include Mexico on the tour, can't wait to see you guys again!!!

--------------------

Turn on the machine!!!

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 12, 2011 02:25     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
We will have copies to sell in Europe, it is coming out on May 10, but available digitally on April 26.

Can't wait to play live again!!!

Nice! Hope I can purchase one. Can't wait to see you guys on stage again!

--------------------

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted April 15, 2011 11:59     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the update will be purchasing it at my local record store on the 10th of may.
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 15, 2011 12:27     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Petri (Väinemöinen) and his wife Ulla will fly in from Finland and we'll go to KB in Malmö to see them the 22nd. Will grab it then, then.

Give us a show to remember doods

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 15, 2011 13:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For those of us who live in places where records stores are only a distant memory...where could we order this online?
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 15, 2011 14:56     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
For those of us who live in places where records stores are only a distant memory...where could we order this online?

Good question! I'd like to pre-order or at least know where to buy online when it comes out.

Even in a place like Seattle, you'd be surprised how lame the shops are about getting new releases on the shelves in good time. Unless it's the Black Eyed Peas or something similar... then they have hundreds of copies next to the giant cardboard display near the entrance.

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted April 15, 2011 16:43     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
Petri (Väinemöinen) and his wife Ulla will fly in from Finland and we'll go to KB in Malmö to see them the 22nd. Will grab it then, then.

Give us a show to remember doods

Only a week to go...YESSSS!

How many VV shows have you actually forgotten Uffe???

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 16, 2011 00:46     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How the hell am i supposed to know how many shows i've forgotten now?

See you in Malmoe!

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 16, 2011 03:41     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have one in my hand right now. Lucky they had some copies at Roadburn. Looks great and gonna give it a spin right on.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 17, 2011 06:59     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
I have one in my hand right now. Lucky they had some copies at Roadburn. Looks great and gonna give it a spin right on.

Yeah, I have listened to it 1,5 times and I can say that it is really really close to how a real Voivod concert would sound like. Little mistakes within. That is cool. It is just that Snakes singing isn't that good. But what the hell. We have got our copy now get yours!!!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Thrashing Rager
VoivodFan
Member # 1288

posted April 19, 2011 23:28     Profile for Thrashing Rager   Email Thrashing Rager     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It says Iron Gang Factory 2011, under license to Indica Records on the back.
Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted April 26, 2011 17:17     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like you can buy a digital download of it off the Indica site right now, but I don't see info for physical CDs.

US release info is coming soon, I hear

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted April 26, 2011 17:19     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://indica.mu/en/
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted April 27, 2011 09:59     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They were selling Warriors of Ice & Nothingface tshirts (from what I understand) Is there a place I can order them?

They would be a must have the chubby (losing weight) kid from Jersey.

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 27, 2011 10:52     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsawyerfam:
They were selling Warriors of Ice & Nothingface tshirts (from what I understand) Is there a place I can order them?

They would be a must have the chubby (losing weight) kid from Jersey.

The one I saw were tour shirts. For chubby people black and for girly people red..

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 27, 2011 14:20     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
http://indica.mu/en/

Thanks Sean! The streams on this site sound really great. Can't wait to be able to purchase an actual physical copy of this.

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 29, 2011 18:53     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
June 14th!!!

Voivod launch their live record Warriors of Ice

quote:
April 28th 2011
The trash, metal, prog and rock veterans Voivod are launching Warriors of Ice, a live album recorded in Montreal. The album is now available digitally and the physical release date is set for June 14th via Indica Records.

This unique band who over the years have been able to create their own sound and path, who braved adversity and hardships – notably the death of Denis Piggy D’Amour in 2005 – are offering to their fans their first ever live record to feature original members Denis “Snake” Belanger, Michel «Away» Langevin and Jean Yves “Blacky” Theriault, and new guitar player Daniel Mongrain, thus adding onto their impressive discography that spans close to three decades.

Glen Robinson, who is renown for his work on Nothingface, recorded Voivod’s concert on December 12th 2009 at Club Soda in Montreal, the band’s adopted hometown. The concert was the first headline show in Montreal in over 10 years and was a release party for the DVD Tatsumaki Live in Japan, where they played both classics from the 80 and 90’s and newer songs written with Jason Newsted of Metallica fame, who joined Voivod on bass for 3 records, Voivod, Katorz and Infini.

On Warriors of Ice, the listeners can hear Voivod’s more classical sound as they did on War and Pain in 1984 or Angel Rat in 1991 as well as tracks from Infini, released in 2009. All of the band’s greatest hits can be found on this record, everything from “Voivod” to “Nuclear War” and “Tribal Conversations” and even their remake of early Pink Floyd “Astronomy Domine”, thus making this record a must-have for die-hard Voivod fans as well as a great introductory album for new fans in the making.

Voivod is currently on tour across Europe until late May and will be coming back to North America just in time for the festival season. Tour dates to be announced shortly, stay tuned!

--------------------

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted April 29, 2011 21:09     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now that the press releases have come out, here is a little bit more of an explanation.

Warriors of Ice is available digitally in Canada right now and the band is selling physical copies of the album on tour in Europe right now.

On June 14th, Indica will release the album physically in Canada.

On June 21st, Sonic Unyon Metal will release the album physically in the United States.

Voivod will be selling the album ahead of the US release date at the Maryland Deathfest.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 29, 2011 22:02     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the update Sean. Will this album be released on CD only, or will there be a vinyl edition as well? I'd probably buy both...

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan