my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD Begins Writing New Material (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: VOIVOD Begins Writing New Material
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 14, 2010 04:11     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Skullhead created this place for a very good reason and we all appreciate his hard work, and also to the other VVF who lend a big hand in keeping this running.

Pardon me but wasn't it Warcorpse who created the VVF back in...umm...was it 1975? God how time flies!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 14, 2010 10:15     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Warcorpse started it all in early 2002. All due credit should go to him. Tons of credit to Hex also.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 14, 2010 18:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
Pardon me but wasn't it Warcorpse who created the VVF back in...umm...was it 1975? God how time flies!

OOOPS, My bad. My memory ain't what it used to be. It was indeed the almighty Warcorpse who created it and invite a lot of the people who tried using the "other place" but were frustrating from the shit that was going on.

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 14, 2010 18:51     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I used to make .net my daily ritual. Once the shit hit the fan over there, I stopped visiting.

I found out about VVF late on the day that VVF had opened. That's how I got stuck all the way down at #58. Very humiliating.

As for the news: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The triumphant return of the Blower Bass on wax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 14, 2010 19:03     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
I#58. Very humiliating.

I'm #389...*sad emoticom*.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 14, 2010 19:23     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually, it looks like I found out WAY after. I didn't sign up til Jun 11, 02.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 14, 2010 22:23     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, I guess I was lucky. I think I was online when WC sent me an invite way back when. Lucky #3 after Warcorpse and Blacky.

And as as Skul mentioned, major credit to Hex as well for keeping this place functional at the level that it is.

By the way, this news of new Voivod material is phenomenal. I couln't think of a more appropriate guitarist other than Dan in this spot, and with Blacky in the fold... this is golden. Very exciting.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 15, 2010 07:06     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
I peeked in on Voivod.net just for fun and I xsee that Away himself posts this news there. Why does he not post here??

Does anyone know why this is?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 15, 2010 07:21     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
Does anyone know why this is?

best to ask Away himself...

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 15, 2010 08:09     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
best to ask Away himself...

...or perhaps invite him?

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 15, 2010 09:36     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's because we're the Voivod haters here!
Basically we are all over-fanatical nutters who think that just by owning 7 different pressings of Dimension Hätross (notice correct use of umlaut), that we should get a say in their every move. Damn right! Voivod should come play in my front room - TONIGHT - or I'll start boiling bunnies!!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 15, 2010 09:42     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Boiling bunnies is the best way to de-bone them, tho.

I know for a fact Away reads the forum regularly. It's up to him whether to post or not.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 15, 2010 22:21     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He has posted here a time or two that I remember. At the inception of this site, we were referred to as "Voivod haters", but I believe that notion has long been dispelled. I believe that was second hand opinion to begin with.

It got me to thinking though. What a long time to hang out and celebrate something we all hate, together in one place, day after day, forever and ever and ever.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 16, 2010 10:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, doesn't it feel good to HATE!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 16, 2010 22:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never understood when they deemed us all "haters" when this forum was so much more active discussing Voivod than the official Voivod site. They said we only like the early years, which was a pretty narrow minded thing to say... because it isn't true at all. As with any band that's had a long career, the fans are going to compare the newer material to the golden years and make judgments and form opinions.

--------------------

yawn

Mächina
VoivodFan
Member # 1095

posted July 17, 2010 00:00     Profile for Mächina   Email Mächina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
They said we only like the early years, which was a pretty narrow minded thing to say... because it isn't true at all. As with any band that's had a long career, the fans are going to compare the newer material to the golden years and make judgments and form opinions.

Yep, that's right. Myself as an example... it's interesting even to compare the newest fans's opinions with the veterans's ones.
Now, by reading the older posts, a question comes to me: who's the oldest in this site? (with no offense at all)

--------------------

Turn on the machine!!!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 17, 2010 09:35     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I believe we are all "rather childish".

Kunt and the Gang was fucking great last night btw.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 17, 2010 15:29     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kunt and the Gang = Greatest band name ever!

Nice photo HV!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 17, 2010 20:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mächina:
Yep, that's right. Myself as an example... it's interesting even to compare the newest fans's opinions with the veterans's ones.
Now, by reading the older posts, a question comes to me: who's the oldest in this site? (with no offense at all)

I just turned 45 on July 3rd... I'm an old skooler and was there when the thrash movement started as underground tape trading and fanzines. But I don't think I'm the oldest, especially after reading some peoples most memorable concerts.

--------------------

yawn

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted July 18, 2010 23:40     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yup, new material...happy fan here

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted July 19, 2010 11:14     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I'm in no way a hater here ... I enjoy both old and new (though my favourite will always be Dimension Hatross) ... it just depends on the mood I'm in .. that's the cool thing about Voivod ... it fits when you are on a sci-fi-prog-complex-fucked up-mood, or in a thrashing-raging-fuck off and die-fuck everything-mood ... or in a punk-rockish-political-groovy mood. It's all good!

BTW, I'm 35 and I feel like I'm in the middle here .... not totally old school, but not a newbie either. I thank satan that I got heavily into thrash metal during the year (according to myself :-) ) that brought us the best music in the genre: 1988/89. IMMV, thrash got to its peak of "maturity" during these years, before going downfall for a few years.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 21, 2010 16:41     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Even the trolls are of a higher quality here, hahaha

--------------------

String em up

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 21, 2010 19:31     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I just turned 45 on July 3rd... I'm an old skooler and was there when the thrash movement started as underground tape trading and fanzines. But I don't think I'm the oldest, especially after reading some peoples most memorable concerts.

I'll be 47 in February. Please tell me there's someone older...

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 25, 2010 07:02     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New VV with Blacky: best news of 2010!

(well alright 2nd best I suppose seeing as I had a kid 'n all. fucking wife vetoing my naming him "Korgull Snake Blacky Piggy Away Hypercube Hamer"!)

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted July 26, 2010 10:48     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
All us low number VVF know the real reason this forum is way better and why all the best fans are here.

I couldnt have said it better ha!

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan