my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD Begins Writing New Material (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Author Topic: VOIVOD Begins Writing New Material
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 27, 2010 14:36     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news! As much as I loved Piggy's playing, and thought at how impossible to replace he was, I think this is going to be amazing! Blacky was a big part of VV's original sound, and Dan is fucking amazing!

And frankly, I'm pretty sure Piggy must be happy that the guys "carry on", even without him. He was all for the music!

quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Even the trolls are of a higher quality here, hahaha

Oh, how I miss the 2003 Troll Invasion! All the "Voidvoid sucks TALLICA RULEZZ" thing was hilarious!

quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
(well alright 2nd best I suppose seeing as I had a kid 'n all. fucking wife vetoing my naming him "Korgull Snake Blacky Piggy Away Hypercube Hamer"!)

Congrats!!!

|  IP: Logged
Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted August 24, 2010 10:54     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I must say that I'm amazed at how well Dan fits in. New material would be sweet.
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted August 24, 2010 13:00     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is what Away posted on the Voivod dot net board ->

quote:

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:02 pm
Hi there,

I really had a great time meeting you all again on the last Euro tour.
i'm pretty excited about the Montreal show and the upcoming South American mini-tour!
About the new material, we are presently demoing songs but it's very early in the process. I must say that i'm already very pleased with the direction though. Definitely a new era for Voivod on the horizon.
The ideal would be a brand new album for next year's touring but it represents a lot of work. Not much else to do but work in the winter here in Montreal anyway
I'm still light years behind with the re-issues, DVOD 2 and 3 etc...but I'm on it!

OK back to work now...

'later,

Away

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted September 02, 2010 14:28     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
I'll be 47 in February. Please tell me there's someone older...

Me. I'll be 47 on November 6. So there!

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted September 03, 2010 21:18     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn! There goes my dream of being the next official Voivod guitar player! I blame this hater site and my low number.

Although i will admit of thinking of a new voivod lineup that had me and h on ax! hahahaha!

admit it. at least one of you just thought about it and said to yourself.....that might be cool! hahahhaa. oh wait...that was me again!

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted September 04, 2010 12:37     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is the best news i've gotten so far this year Carry On Voivod!!!

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 06, 2010 08:04     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had a brief chat with Away at Wacken about how difficult it must have been to 'shape' the last couple of records, what with Piggy's parts obviously already complete. He mentioned that they have been jamming some new stuff with Dan and it's alot more 'psychedelic'! Read into that what you will, but it sounds like awesome news to me.

Also ran into the promoter of Roadburn festival this weekend. He told me he's hoping to book Voivod for next years festival in Tilburg, Holland. Sounds like it could be another excuse for a VVF meet up!

Start saving your pennies now!

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted September 06, 2010 09:36     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Also ran into the promoter of Roadburn festival this weekend. He told me he's hoping to book Voivod for next years festival in Tilburg, Holland. Sounds like it could be another excuse for a VVF meet up!

That's what his collegue told me also at the Helmond gig 13th of August. Let's hope it will be. That would be the best! Those Roadburners are all into Voivod I guess

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 07, 2010 03:09     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Sounds like it could be another excuse for a VVF meet up!

Start saving your pennies now!

Well I finally get a chance to meet you all. Whoever is coming off course. If you guys make it in some kind of a reunion.... That would be a blast.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 07, 2010 05:51     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah this time I get mah tickets before the fucker sells out!

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan