my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Kreator, Voivod, + on tour (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Author Topic: Kreator, Voivod, + on tour
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 18, 2010 19:18     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be at the Philadelphia and NY shows! This should be killer.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted February 19, 2010 13:18     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hope you can make it to Philly schroeder!!!!!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 19, 2010 14:43     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck me, all you yanks talking about getting on airplanes to go see a show in another city in your own country!

Makes me feel a bit rubbish for thinking "oooh, Birmingham... its 3 hours drive, mind!"

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 20, 2010 03:19     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still gay...as in stupid, and not happy or homosexual, that VV are not reaching the west coast of the United States. Yes, very gay.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 20, 2010 19:48     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
Well, my plans have changed. I'm going to see Voivod at SXSW. It's an all-ages show, so I may be taking my boy.

In April, I'll be heading to Dallas for Porcupine Tree.

...AND you'll get to see Brian Posehn!

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 20, 2010 19:50     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:
Still gay...as in stupid, and not happy or homosexual, that VV are not reaching the west coast of the United States. Yes, very gay.

I'm sure we'll get ours dude!

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 22, 2010 16:01     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlackCloud:

Agreed! This NEEDS to happen, please!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted March 13, 2010 02:59     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just saw them in Chicago...they totally kicked ass. Had Killing Technology and Nothingface shirts on sale too. Lots of Dimension Hatross stuff played (Brain Scan, Tribal Convictions, Experiment), some Killing Technology such as Ravenous Medicine, finished with Astronomy Domine. Snake apologized for not having a longer set, said not to worry they would be back relatively soon. Anyone want to pick me up another medium Nothingface shirt?
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 13, 2010 03:28     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anything:
Anyone want to pick me up another medium Nothingface shirt?

It looks like I'll make it to the St. Paul show. PayPal me the money and I'll do it. Otherwise, too broke right now.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 13, 2010 18:42     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey anything, you have a private message.

--------------------

Jeramaya
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 581

posted March 17, 2010 13:12     Profile for Jeramaya   Email Jeramaya     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Chicago, March 12th....

Hey there!
I don't think I've ever posted here, although I have an account somehow...anyway, good to "meet" you all. And fucking great to finally see Voivod! I've been a fan for about 8 years now, since a little bit before the S/T release. This Chicago show was my first Voivod show. It was incredible. Inspiring, too.

All the guys looked like they were having a blast onstage. Lots of energy. Great crowd. I'm 32 and went there with a friend who's been a fan since the beginning. We thought it was awesome when we heard a kid behind us mention how their bass player was "the guy from Metallica." I corrected him (about it being Blacky) and found out he was 15. Awesome! Good to see Voivod is still pulling in the kids.

The powerful sound of Voivod had to have been a ridiculous one to follow. I felt bad for Kreator. No, not really. Haha. But I do want to thank all four guys for carrying on with this amazing music and I sincerely hope that they'll be back, as Snake promised. Cheers to the band and their excellent fans. -Jeramaya

PS. Not trying to self-promote, but I took a bunch of pictures. I have to wait for the film to develop...probably by the weekend I'll have them posted. In the meantime, if you're interested, I snagged a setlist! Check it:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ereiam_j_h/sets/72157623636081204/

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 19, 2010 08:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great NYC show review:
http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/03/18/kreators-north-american-tour-reviewed-as-though-it-were-a-soccer-match/#more-32185

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 21, 2010 08:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another cool NYC review:
http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2010/03/kreator-voivod-nachtmystium-evile-nokia-theatre/

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 22, 2010 05:06     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Denis, Jean Yves, Dan and Michel --

You guys just made this whole fucking millennium worth living. I haven't had a chance to see the mighty 'vod since the Outer Limits, and this show was right up there with my first and only other VV experience on the KT tour(nado). To have heard and seen Blacky and the boys belt out songs like Tornado, Nothingface, Tribal, and the finale 'Astronomy Domine' in Piggy's honor was all at once brutal, nostalgic, soul-stirring, thunderous and utterly inspiring. Dan Mongrain, you have acheived what I once though was impossible in filling Denis' side of the Voivod stage, and you've mastered his art magificently and with great honor.

This was a night I'll never forget, and I can't thank you guys enough for making the stop in St. Paul. Please return again someday.

--------------------

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted May 12, 2010 15:39     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey guys - i was at the chicago and st. paul shows on this tour and i was wondering if anyone had a setlist from st paul. me and friend are having a little dispute about a couple of songs because the setlists were different each night.

thanks Jeramaya for the setlist from chi-town!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan