my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Kreator, Voivod, + on tour (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Kreator, Voivod, + on tour
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 03, 2009 20:35     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'd like to see the nyc show. added bonus, i live with someone who doesn't think twice about driving through midtown at rush hour (while i close my eyes and hyperventilate).
 |  IP: Logged
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 03, 2009 20:39     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
as long as they don't play Norfolk again, it'll be easy to make out who the fans are at the Apollo II
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted December 04, 2009 11:24     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am thinking about setting up a dinner just before the show in NY. There is a restaurant right up the street from the Nokia called Tony Di Napoli's. Its a family style restaurant who has good food and is reasonable prices. Here is their web site...http://www.tonysnyc.com/

Let me know if you there is an interest.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 04, 2009 13:58     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
man, imran better be at the nyc show.
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted December 04, 2009 18:58     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsawyerfam:
I am thinking about setting up a dinner just before the show in NY. There is a restaurant right up the street from the Nokia called Tony Di Napoli's. Its a family style restaurant who has good food and is reasonable prices. Here is their web site...http://www.tonysnyc.com/

Let me know if you there is an interest.

I'm in.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted December 04, 2009 19:00     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
No fucking way I'm hauling my ass up to NYC and dealing with that traffic. I'd be a nervous wreck if I had to drive with those lunatics that plague the city streets. It was insane enough being a passenger in a van when I went to see Porcupine Tree a couple years ago in NYC. Besides, parking costs about 20x more than the tickets to a show!!!

I'll be in Philly, where I'll be able to enjoy myself and not have to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for parking, or have to see a shrink after driving through the city.

The only problem with the Philly show is well, you have to go to Philly. Come to NYC!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 04, 2009 22:51     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahah...exactly.

Dave, if a southerner can drive into NYC at 9 o'clock at night with one headlight in a beat-up Toyota and survive.....(thanks in huge part to Mr. Sawyer's excellent directions)...then I think you can hack it.

Screw driving, take the bus in....That's what we did last time and it was a sinch.

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted December 05, 2009 14:44     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
No fucking way I'm hauling my ass up to NYC and dealing with that traffic. I'd be a nervous wreck if I had to drive with those lunatics that plague the city streets. It was insane enough being a passenger in a van when I went to see Porcupine Tree a couple years ago in NYC. Besides, parking costs about 20x more than the tickets to a show!!!

I'll be in Philly, where I'll be able to enjoy myself and not have to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for parking, or have to see a shrink after driving through the city.

Dave, if you want to go to the NYC show, you can drive to East Brunswick (Exit 8A off the NJTPKE) and come with my wife and I. We will drive in, take the ferry, or the train from Secaucus. Either way we can get you to and from without you having drive in or to NYC. It would be great if you could make it.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 05, 2009 18:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thursday is a lot easier for me to take off from work. With the skeleton crew we have Saturdays are too busy to get away. Philly works for me because I can drive up and back and hopefully not fall asleep on the road. NYC is a bit to far for me to pull that off.

I appreciate the invites and the offers but if I'm going to one of the shows, it will be Philly.

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted December 05, 2009 23:14     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
St. Paul -- it's fucking ON

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Imran
VoivodFan
Member # 197

posted December 06, 2009 12:48     Profile for Imran   Email Imran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
man, imran better be at the nyc show.

I will be there. A friend of mine works at this place and he can get me back stage passes so as long as one of the band members confirms that he knows me...Blacky, would you be willing?

For those of you that will be coming to the NYC show from out of town (especially you Lee, my ole pal)- if you need a place to crash let me know, we have plenty of room & there is no need to go spending loads of cash because NYC hotels are pretty expensive. I assure you that your stay here will be comfortable and will include a continental breakfast. Have a nice day everyone.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted December 06, 2009 18:27     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
he will confirm. because i said so. :P
Imran
VoivodFan
Member # 197

posted December 06, 2009 20:25     Profile for Imran   Email Imran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
he will confirm. because i said so. :P

Thank you kindly Ms. Nia & Mr. Blacky, its greatly appreciated. If you get a chance can you please email me, my dress is on my profile. Thank you again.

FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted December 07, 2009 08:32     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be driving to the Chicago show from Indianapolis, for sure. I don't think I've posted here since 2002 either...HEH.
Anyway, the Bottom Lounge in Chicago is a great place to see live music. Good eats, too!

FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted December 07, 2009 08:34     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oddly enough my buddy is playing drums for NACHTMYSTIUM right now on tour. He's from Indy (where I live) and also plays for the Gates of Slumber.
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted December 18, 2009 15:03     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont know if I mentioned this, but I cannot wait for these shows.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 22, 2010 19:35     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay...who's going to be where? I'm looking at flights.

Imran, if your invite still holds, I'd like to crash at your place (thanks!). If all of this doesn't work out, I'll most likely book flight to Dallas to see Porcupine Tree instead.

Anyhoo...schroeder, if you are still planning on Philadelphia let me know cuz there may be a chance I can do both PA and NY. I suppose I should check on ticket availability, eh? haha. Have a fOOKin' great weekend!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted January 23, 2010 03:00     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
I'll most likely book flight to Dallas to see Porcupine Tree instead.

now that is teetering on the edge of a court marshal...

you better drop and give us 50 !

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted January 23, 2010 14:58     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As of today I am going to both the Philly and NYC shows. If I can I may go to the one in Montreal as well.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 23, 2010 17:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Work has been weird this year with opening, and not opening. I need to check the date again and make sure it's going to be doable. I almost forgot about the show, and it'll be here before I know it.

--------------------

yawn

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted February 05, 2010 12:07     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
29 days until NYC.
SmedHed
VoivodFan
Member # 1041

posted February 05, 2010 13:34     Profile for SmedHed   Email SmedHed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just heard Kreator - Endorama w/ Tom Vetterrli of Coroner playing lead.

That and Violent Revolution are the two best Kreator albums.

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted February 06, 2010 00:35     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone going to the Cleveland show?

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted February 06, 2010 02:18     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The sound at Nokia in NY is good, saw Ace Frehley there a while back, he killed. The one place I dread seeing shows there is BB Kings, it's never nearly loud enough.

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 06, 2010 10:43     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, my plans have changed. I'm going to see Voivod at SXSW. It's an all-ages show, so I may be taking my boy.

In April, I'll be heading to Dallas for Porcupine Tree.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan