my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Metallica - Cyanide (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: Metallica - Cyanide
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 15, 2008 15:15     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ah, Megadeth are so damn great. I even like their pop albums.

I don't entirely understand the feelings I have about Dave Mustaine. Maybe it's his hair or his new teeth. (stares into space)

So who was this thread about anyway?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 15, 2008 19:40     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"so does George Lucas, does that make Star Wars films any better."

No, but for some reason they're both considered Gods. Lars is comparable to that kid who played Adikin Skywalker... they both suck and get a lot of $$$. Or maybe Lars is more like JarJar Binks... there's no good reason to have either one of them.

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 16, 2008 07:15     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Worse than that - Lars and his chums have been making the Star Wars Christmas Special over and over again since 1990.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 16, 2008 18:26     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wake me up when the actual album, not a crappy live version of a song, gets released, please, then I will be able to say whether it sucks or not.

zzzzzzZZZZZzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz....

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 17, 2008 09:20     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lars - the Ewok!!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted August 17, 2008 10:41     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Lars - the Ewok!!!!!

Exactly!

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 18, 2008 13:58     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Lars - the Ewok!!!!!

he,what's an Ewok? maybe a translation wanna have a laugh too.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted August 18, 2008 14:18     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
he,what's an Ewok? maybe a translation wanna have a laugh too.

Not a Star Wars fan, I take it?

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 18, 2008 14:28     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I see....

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 18, 2008 17:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 18, 2008 17:09     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha!
The bottom one looks a little more punchable.

--------------------

String em up

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted August 18, 2008 17:23     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! I´m blind! I´m blind!

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 18, 2008 23:18     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 19, 2008 08:35     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just noticed they have Unforgiven III on the tracklist. There goes all hope of any sort of renewal...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted August 19, 2008 15:13     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now that Piggy's dead and Metallica are more or less a lost cause, Voivod's final album will be the last metal album I'll probably ever look forward to. Quite sad.

Hopefully some more of Piggy's demo music can be released.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 19, 2008 23:03     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
BOB ROCK murdered metallica....RICK RUBIN just buried em.

Perfect quote!

I don't know why I even bother anymore!

I anticipated the Black album release...fail!

so then I thought I'd give 'em a break when Load came out...fail!

I heard that Reload was going to be leftover songs from Load, so I didn't even need to listen to it...automatic fail!

St. Anger showed some promise, although ultimately over a few more listens...total miss and fail!

Lars is horrible...when he plays the drums it's equivalent to the sound of someone falling down a few flights of stairs. James' voice I'm sure will still involve ad-libbed "yeah-yeahs" every ten seconds...

I guess I'm just gonna have to continue to spin my old vinyl of "Ride the Lightning" now and forever with a tear in my beer...ha!

Whatever happened to Flemming Rasmussen anyway?

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 22, 2008 07:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new single is out: http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601119

Hate to say it but I like this. First time I've ever heard Hetfield 'sing' and not be induced to throw up(like on Cyanide)...the last part rocks too.......

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 22, 2008 08:24     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The first half is sucky Load garbage once again.
The 2nd part where they try to take off never does, instead it hums along after the runway into a swamp full of bad ideas

Kirkz solo is shit and Larz drumplaying is the ass it comes from

Over, finished, gone, done, out

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 22, 2008 09:36     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new single is ok... it's not the trainwreck that I was expecting. It's riffy, which is nice.
Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted August 22, 2008 18:00     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Come on guys… the new songs are good, maybe not great, but close enough in my book.

Voïvod, among other bands, surely opened up my ears to a lot of great and diverse music, but at the same time I can enjoy some basic metal for sure… anyway…

Hypothesis: I don’t want to start a war, but I’m pretty sure that if Piggy was the author of the exact same songs, you would probably say that the album is a grower, that it needs a couple of spin before it reveals all its splendour, etc.

Ok, I admit it’s an outrageously bad comparison. Piggy is a lot better.
But don’t tell me the last two albums were of the same quality as the firsts in his career, even if they were still quite good. (And I know a lot of you also enjoyed them).

I say it again; I really don’t see what is so amusing to always throw shit at Metallica whatever they do…

Last thing and not the least: maybe I’m completely out of my mind and my brain collapse from to much beers and not enough sleep, but I like how Lars plays drums!!! I enjoy the rocking, yet technical aspect of Away, and even more the inhuman behaviour of Flo Mounier, but you know what? There is nothing like the good ol’ straight pounding of the drum on the beat in a song that demands it, and Lars remembers how to do that!

Crucify me now…

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 22, 2008 18:22     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

That's it. I quit.

Dovïov
VoivodFan
Member # 931

posted August 22, 2008 18:33     Profile for Dovïov   Email Dovïov     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ha ha! I just re-read my post and I think I'll quit too! My brain is dead!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 22, 2008 18:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW!!!! The drums sound like DRUMS!!!! and not a sonar ping or tin can... thank you Mr Rubin!!!!

Piggy is a GOD compared to the writting of the mice in Metallica. Piggy is way outside the box in his playing and thinking. You can't even compare someone like Piggy to Kirk, it's not fair to Kirk!!! I'd compare Piggy to players like Fripp.

This song is promising for my ears. I like that it does take off and I can hear some classic 'tallica riffage. Jamez vocals still have a bit to be desired but it's certainly a better performance than Load or ReLoad. I did like some of his angry agressive stuff on St Anger and hopefully there will be some pissed of vocals on this new album.

This is a lot better than Cyanide, in my opinion.

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 22, 2008 23:18     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
This is a lot better than Cyanide, in my opinion.

Exactly my thoughts. I like this song too, even if the chorus is totally ripped off from "To Live is To Die" and the beginning of the "heavy" part is a variation on "Fade To Black".

And to add insult to the injury, I like Kirk's solo.

--------------------

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted August 23, 2008 01:49     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, the very "least" that they could've done was vamp up the distortion...no more of this fucking dry-twangy-sounding bullshit!!! Get off the fucking stratocaster/telecaster already!

I wonder if James did all of the rhythm/melody/harmony guitar parts like he used to before the "Load" of shit albums?

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan