my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Iron what? (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Author Topic: Iron what?
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 11, 2008 17:26     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Can't wait for 5th July

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted June 11, 2008 19:49     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
[IMG]

Boooooo....down with irons!

(wrt the aforementioned "Iron Maiden" however, I do believe we will be seeing them at WACKEN...if the bloody Swedes ever give me my damn passport back. )

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 11, 2008 20:21     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya lucky bastards. You get to see Cynic & Carcass too.

--------------------

String em up

Miza
unregistered

posted June 26, 2008 20:29       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Miza, as most people here know already, I've been on the receiving end of some shit treatment by someone in my favourite band causing trouble for me. In "legal" terms I'm guessing this amounts to slander against me and inciting hatred.

This has obviously been upsetting and made me very angry, but hasn't stopped me enjoying their music or turned me into a "hater" (as we've all been accused here, haha!)

Unfortunately we have to accept that most people just aren't very nice, and that being in a band, however great the band, doesn't automatically make someone a decent person.
If we were to stop listening to bands on the basis of how certain members behave, there would probably be very few bands left we could listen to, and we'd all be very bored!!

There are musicians out there whose actions have genuinely caused people to die, Varg Vikernes being an obvious example. Still this will not stop me from enjoying the music of Burzum, or any other black metal bands, however dubious their beliefs or politics may be.

So certainly nothing anyone says will stop me listening to Maiden. Hope this experience doesn't ruin your enjoyment of their music.

At no point in any of my posts have I said I didn't like the music!
I wrote to the band after my friend died, telling them about a 'Vision', thinking they were cool, but they ripped me off and stabbed me in the back, so like you, I have had to put up with their slander, (calling me 'mad' etc.,) and the fact they've ripped me off.
What non of you seem to understand, is that they FEED on me, like leeches, sure I love the music, in a way it's mine too.
When my friend was alive, he called me his 'Rock Queen', his 'One and only True Love', that 'LOVE' was OUR music!
But since his death, there have been many 'copyists' that don't know me from Adam and some of them listen to 'Maiden's' lies! This has lead to several physical beatings, I have even been maimed, (one of my fingers was cut off!)

I was shown a part of the Bible that speaks of such practises and made a note of what it said:

'And many follow pernicious ways, by reason of whom, the way of truth is evil spoken of and shall they, through the ways of covetousness, with feigned words, make merchandise, whose 'Judgement' of a long time lingereth not, and whose 'Damnation' slumbereth not. (Peter 2-2.) Amen to that!

Looks like we have the same 'problem'.

IP: Logged
Miza
unregistered

posted July 02, 2008 19:27       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Roll on July 5th, it will be a line drawn, a point of no return. I've stated my 'case', tried to get them to apologise and make good, but they have just continued to stab me in the back. OK, well they have their 'merchandice' now and are stuck with it, THEY know the TRUTH, they will always be reminded, by their own merchandice.
Looks like it's going to rain, but we're used to that in England right?
I'll be there, stage left, don't suppose for one minute you'll figure which one is me, niether will they. Sunday, I hope to be sitting by the river in or ouside 'The Swan'.
If you really have ANY 'bottle' come and say hello.........

IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 03, 2008 23:07     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Praise hail Satan!

(Sorry...just had a Gorgoroth moment there)

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted July 03, 2008 23:30     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by K:
Praise hail Satan!

Which one? I get so confuzed....

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 04, 2008 07:12     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
its like the good old days with "Puzzled/ Charon", haha.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 06, 2008 17:35     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maiden were excellent! I had a sore throat from screaming after. And thankfully it didn't rain.

--------------------

String em up

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 06, 2008 17:52     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am still amazed at how much energy those guys have.
Happy you had a great time!

Maybe you will be able to talk again in a couple of weeks.

Simen
VoivodFan
Member # 1028

posted July 06, 2008 18:59     Profile for Simen   Email Simen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maiden was my first Metal concert - more than 20 years ago. I went 3 times to the same show at different towns...

--------------------

A star - even if extinct thousands of years ago - still sends his light through the universe

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 07, 2008 02:27     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by K:
Praise hail Satan!

^^

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 07, 2008 13:26     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Isn't it Prey Father Satan? or something like that.

We managed to miss Lauren Harris, thankfully. Avenged Sevenfold were terrible, they gave me a headache. Sorry to sound like someone's grandad!
Within Temptation sounded great, but we only caught the last couple of songs.

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 07, 2008 13:52     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, this sucks.

Ed Force One

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 07, 2008 20:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
too bad about Ed Force One, but that is a great news video at the bottom of the story.

The original Somewhere in Time Tour was the first and only Maiden show I've had the pleasure of being at.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan