my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Iron what? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Iron what?
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 02, 2008 07:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:

Wait, sorry, wrong rant. I never actually went to Viet-Nam.

are you sure? the drugs they experimented on the soldiers with could have made you forget, but sometimes flashbacks will come to you that actually happened.
Beware of the government that covers up everything.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 02, 2008 11:34     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zlugz:
3 Maiden shows in one week......

ouch!

Glad you survived! Even with the damn flight delays.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 03, 2008 12:47     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maiden in Los Angeles

Since Olrak made the trek to LA to see Maiden twice over the weekend...here's a nice YouTube capture of The Trooper...good for you LAsters...starting fires and partying in the parking lot Heavy Metal Parking Lot style.

Apparently before the song begins, there was a fight in the crowd that Steve Harris was trying to break up...hence, the I've Been Waiting sung by Bruce! haha. Awesome that someone caught that on video!!!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 03, 2008 14:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got my Maiden fix watching the Early Days dvd of the Rainbow and Hammersmith Odeon shows while putting 7 miles on the treadmill this morning. I'm not sure if I ever watched the Hammersmith show yet because I certainly do not remember the whore the prances around on the stage during 22 Acacia Avenue. How many shows did they use her for before they realized how corny it was, besides she wasn't even that hot looking, even for the 80's !!! Great performances none the less, and I forgot about the completely different lyrics for the early version of KILLERS that DiAnno was singing at the Rainbow.

--------------------

yawn

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted June 03, 2008 20:50     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Luna:
Maiden in Los Angeles

Since Olrak made the trek to LA to see Maiden twice over the weekend...here's a nice YouTube capture of The Trooper...good for you LAsters...starting fires and partying in the parking lot Heavy Metal Parking Lot style.

Apparently before the song begins, there was a fight in the crowd that Steve Harris was trying to break up...hence, the I've Been Waiting sung by Bruce! haha. Awesome that someone caught that on video!!!

Sweeet! That was a great moment and there were many at both shows! Damn, they are getting better every gig. Smith and Murray were shredding and that goofball gers was not!

The security at the pit entrances were shoved out of the way and it was packed down there on friday nite. More security was present in the pit on saturday that's fer sure. Apparently not onstage tho as some woman strutted out and walked across the stage during Clairvoyant and Bruce sang her off the stage.

A couple of guys had a couple of Crate amps in the back of their pick-up and were playin Maiden and Priest tunes as peeps sang along! Penises and boobs were poppin out at a foto op on top of one of the many rv's in the lot. Police didn't seem to care too much at the mayhem in the parking lot. You can't do that here in Nazi NM!

Anthrax rocked, although i don't care for the new singer. Wana be Anselmo clone without the tats and drug issues! They were tight and thoroughly enjoying the gig! Scott Ian was sportin his new Maiden Vans and running amok like he always does.

3 Maiden gigs in one week!! Im ready for a Sade concert!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 03, 2008 23:18     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anthrax!!?!?!?

...and we got Lauren Harris? I think I would have enjoyed Lauryn Hill better.

Glad you had fun

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 04, 2008 10:48     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
Anthrax!!?!?!?

Haha, that's what I said:
Anthrax!!?!?!?

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 04, 2008 20:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finished watching the early Maiden concert from The Rainbow while on the treadmill tonight. What a great performance!!! Excellent set list which included Total Eclipse... That's always been among my favorite Maiden tunes.

I picked up GUITAR LEGENDS special collectors edition that's all IRON MAIDEN. There's even a nice piece with Derek Riggs and his eddie art which I'm really looking forward to reading. When they ditched Riggs as their artist, it had the same effect on me as losing Dickinson... it's just not the same without Derek's artwork, and only Derek should be drawing Eddie anyway... he created him for shit sake. It's funny because the albums that didn't use Riggs are their worst ones. Derek Riggs is Maiden's Roger Dean.

Up The Irons!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Miza
unregistered

posted June 06, 2008 23:01       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I finished watching the early Maiden concert from The Rainbow while on the treadmill tonight. What a great performance!!! Excellent set list which included Total Eclipse... That's always been among my favorite Maiden tunes.

I picked up GUITAR LEGENDS special collectors edition that's all IRON MAIDEN. There's even a nice piece with Derek Riggs and his eddie art which I'm really looking forward to reading. When they ditched Riggs as their artist, it had the same effect on me as losing Dickinson... it's just not the same without Derek's artwork, and only Derek should be drawing Eddie anyway... he created him for shit sake. It's funny because the albums that didn't use Riggs are their worst ones. Derek Riggs is Maiden's Roger Dean.

Up The Irons!!!!

That's normal for them, they never give any credit where it's due, too busy claiming everything for themselves, with their greediness for 'vain glory'!
They have copied several bands including 'Wishbone Ash' and 'Thin Lizzy', to whom they pay no 'tribute' or give any credit!
That goes for the 'Vision' too, which first they call madness or say there was no 'Vision', then they claim it for themselves, claiming to be that person, who apparently, is called 'Christine'.
Listen to the words on 'S.S.O.S.S., B****** Dickson sings " My name is Christine, listen to me."

The 'crime' they are commiting is called 'Plagiarist Fraud'.

IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 07, 2008 18:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actually Maiden give tons of credit to Wishbone Ash, and Thin Lizzy all through the Early Days documentary part of the dvd. The all say those are the 2 bands they were styling themselve after, in sound and twin guitar attack.

--------------------

yawn

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted June 08, 2008 01:02     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not to mention the cover of Thin Lizzy's Massacre.

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

Miza
unregistered

posted June 08, 2008 19:13       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You can 'idolize' them if you must, but to me they are 'plagiarist frauds' who have stabbed me and several of my friends in the back!
After my friend Phil died, I wrote to them about a 'Vision' which 'Iron Maiden' declared 'Madness'!
The interaction between Phil and his Gypsy friends, (I am one,) was the 'Vision', 'Maiden' didn't even bother checking it out.
Listen to Dickson on S.S.O.A.S.S., he sings "Listen to me, my name is Christine."
He is not Christine or any of Phil's Gypsy friends.
'Iron Maiden's' whole 'story' is based on a 'torture machine' or a thugee politician
who smashed up any dissent, 'Maiden' were 'Licenced' by her 'regime' to commit fraud.
Anyone who 'idolises' plagiarist frauds to me are idiots who has been fooled into thinking the fraud is the doer of the good deeds they claim, or the origin of the musicians they copy!
Anyway, I am entitled to my opinion.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 09, 2008 11:24     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Miza:
You can 'idolize' them if you must, but to me they are 'plagiarist frauds' who have stabbed me and several of my friends in the back!
After my friend Phil died, I wrote to them about a 'Vision' which 'Iron Maiden' declared 'Madness'!
The interaction between Phil and his Gypsy friends, (I am one,) was the 'Vision', 'Maiden' didn't even bother checking it out.
Listen to Dickson on S.S.O.A.S.S., he sings "Listen to me, my name is Christine."
He is not Christine or any of Phil's Gypsy friends.
'Iron Maiden's' whole 'story' is based on a 'torture machine' or a thugee politician
who smashed up any dissent, 'Maiden' were 'Licenced' by her 'regime' to commit fraud.
Anyone who 'idolises' plagiarist frauds to me are idiots who has been fooled into thinking the fraud is the doer of the good deeds they claim, or the origin of the musicians they copy!
Anyway, I am entitled to my opinion.

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 09, 2008 12:41     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That explain why Madonna is now playing Pantera cover!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 09, 2008 16:26     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's a riff in Aces High right before the solo that was nicked from Raven "Faster Than The Speed Of Light". Check it out at 1:57-ish...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=foP9jXGnzKU

Just sayin'.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 09, 2008 16:29     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Miza
unregistered

posted June 09, 2008 18:21       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
There's a riff in Aces High right before the solo that was nicked from Raven "Faster Than The Speed Of Light". Check it out at 1:57-ish...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=foP9jXGnzKU

Just sayin'.

'Aces High'? There was a Band called 'The D-O-Aces' in my past, his Father was in the American Air Force, my Dad was a 'Navigator' in the R.A.F. as were some of my Band, our drummer Terry, was in the Army.
I should not have written to 'Iron Maiden' and told them about the 'Vision', I should have known they would not believe it.
I wasn't expecting them to rip me off and stab me in the back!!!!

I suppose you could call 'Maiden' headless chickens, they are cowards that cannot face the truth, they are NOT the people they claim to be, one of the people they claim to be is 'Christine', who was Phil Lynott's 'Muse' and NOT a friend of the blood suckers calling themselves 'Maidens'= Chickens

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted June 09, 2008 22:07     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Um, yeah....I have no idea what anyone here is talking about, but I never iron anything. Can't be bothered. Wrinkled shirts ftw!

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 10, 2008 02:27     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Miza
unregistered

posted June 10, 2008 21:59       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Megz:
Um, yeah....I have no idea what anyone here is talking about, but I never iron anything. Can't be bothered. Wrinkled shirts ftw!

Hello 'Megz', I don't do any ironing either, I always buy 'easy care' clothes that don't need ironing.

You can tell, I don't like ironing

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 10, 2008 22:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well Miza, you obviously have some bad blood with the guys in Maiden, sorry 'bout that. I don't think a lot of us really understand some of the things you're trying to say. I don't know of any lyrics in Seventh Son... that uses the name Christine.
I'm a big Thin Lizzy fan, although I don't know anyone in the band living or unfortunatley past away, but bands influence other bands are have been influence by previous band that came before them. Yes Maiden sounds like other bands, and tons of bands sound like Maiden. YOu can say that about the majority of bands that play music, but it doesn't mean those bands aren't good and it doesn't mean they still aren't original. Maiden wouldn't still be around if they sucked (although they did for a few albums). The beginning riff is BACK TO THE VILLAGE sounds just like a Sammy Hagar song that came out before it(can't remember which one, sorry), but I'm certainly not going to hate the band or stop listening to them because of it, and I doubt you're going to change anyone's mind here about Iron Maiden just because you say they're plagurists, or fakes.

Was anyone stupid enough to get rid of all their Judas Priest albums, and hate the band, when Halford came out of the closet, because they felt like they'd been lied to for so many years because they thought he was heterosexual? IF SO YOU'RE A DUMBASS!!!!

Bottom line for me is IRON MAIDEN is great and are legends. So are THIN LIZZY and 1000s of other bands, to me, and ain't nobody going to change my mind about it.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 11, 2008 05:19     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Miza, as most people here know already, I've been on the receiving end of some shit treatment by someone in my favourite band causing trouble for me. In "legal" terms I'm guessing this amounts to slander against me and inciting hatred.

This has obviously been upsetting and made me very angry, but hasn't stopped me enjoying their music or turned me into a "hater" (as we've all been accused here, haha!)

Unfortunately we have to accept that most people just aren't very nice, and that being in a band, however great the band, doesn't automatically make someone a decent person.
If we were to stop listening to bands on the basis of how certain members behave, there would probably be very few bands left we could listen to, and we'd all be very bored!!

There are musicians out there whose actions have genuinely caused people to die, Varg Vikernes being an obvious example. Still this will not stop me from enjoying the music of Burzum, or any other black metal bands, however dubious their beliefs or politics may be.

So certainly nothing anyone says will stop me listening to Maiden. Hope this experience doesn't ruin your enjoyment of their music.

--------------------

String em up

Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 11, 2008 17:07     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Megz:

the ironing is delicious.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted June 11, 2008 17:15     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh.. the Irony..

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted June 11, 2008 17:18     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
damn funny!
um, what happened here? did i miss something? did u, Miza, go to the "hills" and have a vision ala Val Kilmer on Thunder Heart?? what vision? do tell. Didn't Thin Lizzy "steal" melodies from Irish pub songs? I'm guessing Maiden 'stole' their galloping rhythms from watching cowboys being chased by 'Indians' in old Westerns on tv aye?
eh, whatever... i had a fukin blast last week! yay for me!

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan