my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Wacken Open Air 2008 - Chaosmönger camp (SOLD OUT) (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Author Topic: Wacken Open Air 2008 - Chaosmönger camp (SOLD OUT)
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 17, 2008 10:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can easily see both Hex's and Knick's side of this issue. I can't stand waiting hours to get out of a parking lot after a big show. It kills my buzz, not to mention the extra time on top of driving all the way back home. I'm alos not sure I could last a whole day let alone 3 days of band after band after band.

Although I think the Wacken price for admission is an incredible deal for what you get... so many incrdible bands and it sounds like the accomadations are livable and food and drink cost are also good, not to mantion being able to bring your own stuff!!!! NICE. I think just being able to spend 3 days with some good friends listening to great music together is a priceless thing.

I hope you all have a great time, some one drink one for me, and if H is going you can drink 3 for me because I know you got it in ya

THRASH ON comrads, and we'll expect a lot of stories when you all return and sober up from the festival

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 19, 2008 15:25     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Too late...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 19, 2008 21:20     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:
Overrated - Never, the experience is something else. Everybody is friendly and the atmosphere is fantastic because of it. I'd recommend it to anyone.

It is a dream of mine to go to Wacken, but on the other hand I heard stories from people who went there in past years about Wacken's "friendship". Let's just say that I don't want to wake up being kicked by a drunken German telling me to go back to the jungle.

That aside, hope you guys have a blast!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 21, 2008 13:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's shitty Slaytanic. Hopefully that incident didn't ruin the guys experience there. I'm in a bidding war on ebay for 2 tix to Wacken.

TO THE DEATH ! ! !

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted March 23, 2008 01:21     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmm, mud and Germans in a field where many battles were fought, bombs were dropped, Nazis were kicked in the arse? ooo, reeks of bad karma! Ich bin not there! Ichiban, mmm. think i'll just stay home in the 'jungle' with the rest of the humans.
it's not easy bein green! er, brown!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 23, 2008 13:25     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
Too late...

Like Wino said?
You are welcome up here this summer Chef. Always some good bands playing, try the Swedish beer and look forward to Meg's tacos

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 25, 2008 10:35     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I decided to end my bidding war, but saw this morning that the bid has been cancelled outright. Hmmm...wonder what happened there?

No Vacken for me then.

Anyone else up for another Euro metal fest...particularly one that features the mighty CARCASS?

Anyone interested in an Iron Maiden ticket? Playing at the ever lovely outdoor amphitheatre...the Journal Pavilion...surrounded by a lovely desertscape (read: dirt and tumbelweeds)?

--------------------

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted March 31, 2008 16:16     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well if you missed out on wacken there's always hellfest. The lineup looks even better than wacken...

Hellfest 2008

--------------------

Hail Santa...

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 31, 2008 17:04     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep. there seem to be festivals all over the place.
2 other swedish guys got Wacken tickets last week from a travel agency. Bus included.

I'm hoping Harry and Nell can make it, then we will go to the pub with them in England before the festival

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 31, 2008 17:10     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hellfest definitely looks cool as, well, hell.

I looked at that lineup and it's quite something. But it's right around the corner. Vroom and Meg...have a killer Metal Mad time at Wacken though.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 31, 2008 17:15     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I think Hellfest looks better. Apart from no Cynic.

Still don't want to sleep in a tent ever again though.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 31, 2008 17:53     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:

Still don't want to sleep in a tent ever again though.

c'mon. get back in touch with nature and shit Head Villain.

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan