my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Wacken Open Air 2008 - Chaosmönger camp (SOLD OUT) (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Wacken Open Air 2008 - Chaosmönger camp (SOLD OUT)
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 06, 2008 17:30     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huho

Couldn't wait hehe. 2 tickets are ordered for Mr & Mrs Stromquist

Order you dog damn tickets chaosmöngers!!! They think it will be sold out in the end of March/early April.

The Haunted are also confirmed by the way.

Hold on to your spandex Germans, here we come

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 07, 2008 08:40     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, I better look into this pronto!!!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 07, 2008 08:52     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We need to get on chat to talk about this. How about tomorrow at some point?
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 07, 2008 10:38     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm leaving for Germany tonight. Get back around April 10th. That's when I'm gonna get things rolling wacken-wise. If it's sold out then I'll break in!
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted March 07, 2008 12:31     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
We need to get on chat to talk about this. How about tomorrow at some point?

Tomorrow? You mean Saturday? How odd to chat on a weekend...

When?

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 10, 2008 15:23     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vroom,

Do you still have your gmail account? If so, check your email................

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 10, 2008 17:58     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Done and replied

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted March 11, 2008 14:45     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They've sold 60,000 tickets? That's all that WOA can hold I think so its a sellout already. They said they wouldn't make it any bigger and I'm glad - last year sold out and it was bloody rammed! Hope it's a bit easier underfoot than it was last year. It rained solidly for ages up until a week before the festival and the ground was still really soft - in some places unusable, but credit to the organisers - they did a phenomenal job.

I'll be there, I already have the ticket and I'll be camping with a few mates

Fancy meeting up with a 40 year old bald fat bastard for beer and general stupidity?

And Kula - if you are able to - come along for a weekend of metal and a beer with a cantankerous old git and we can right the wrongs of the world whilst getting totally wankered

--------------------

Hail Santa...

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 11, 2008 15:30     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We can exchange cell numbers before it all Knick. A textmessage and the beerfest is on

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted March 12, 2008 07:36     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is getting interesting

Now the serious and most important part: inside the ring whats the average price of BEER? and maybe food?

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 12, 2008 10:19     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No idea about the prices inside the festival area. But you are free to bring food and all the beer you want to the camp.
There are at least two cheap supermarkets pretty close by from what i've heard, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Knicker knows more about that i think.

Come along Nuno

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 13, 2008 14:34     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
According to the Wacken site they are sold out.
Hope you got the tickets.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted March 13, 2008 15:53     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Beer (becks) prices were €3 for a 400ml glass, you paid an additional deposit for the glass of €1 and if you handed one back you paid for the beer only. You could get 'horns' of beer too and large 1 litre jugs were €7.50. Tasted pretty good too and service was efficient. Most importantly, we never ran dry

Food was the usual fare of burgers and chips but you could get decent meat and veggie food too. Prices varied from €2.50 to about €5. Food was generally good for a festival too.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 13, 2008 17:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You Europeans are luckiest music lovers in the world I envy you all for having so many killer festivals. have a great time, maybe I'll see ya on some live Waken dvd. Who was at the Saxon or Overkill shows there that got onto the dvd?

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 14, 2008 09:21     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
According to the Wacken site they are sold out.
Hope you got the tickets.

Oh Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 14, 2008 10:06     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't believe this!! I had a hellacious week with work and was going to order tix this morning as I'd just had a break from all the shit. I can't believe they've sold out 4 months before the show!!! Damnation this sucks!!!! THis is what I get for dragging my fucking feet..................

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 14, 2008 10:19     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe some sites still sit on a few. check this place for example: http://www.getmein.com/festivals/wacken-open-air-tickets.html

Ebay and other sites should have tickets too. No idea about prices though.
Ebay.de apparently has tix from about 140 €

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 14, 2008 12:50     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonutz:
This whole thing is overrated.
Overrated means overcrowded.
Overrated also means overpriced.
Overcrowded and overpriced mean "I'm not there".

Ok

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 14, 2008 14:13     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bah, humbug. Didn't want to sleep in a tent anyway.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 14, 2008 17:40     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
Ok

Yeah, I almost bought tix the day you purchased them vroom...this totally sucks!
I will check those other sites.

Mez...keep trying!!!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 14, 2008 17:44     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 15, 2008 05:37     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you really want to go, tickets wil be sold at ebay.com i suppose. You will have to take out your wallet big time i guess.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted March 15, 2008 06:16     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's incredible, that this will be sold out more than 4 months before. Lucky me, i ordered my ticket 2 weeks after last years festival!
I will be there, with a whole bunch of drunken "smurfs"!!!

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 15, 2008 11:57     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'm sorry for you guys who are still looking for tickets, good luck!! i have to say,it kind of warms my hard little heart that a big metal fest can sell out.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted March 16, 2008 16:59     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonutz:
This whole thing is overrated.
Overrated means overcrowded.
Overrated also means overpriced.
Overcrowded and overpriced mean "I'm not there".

Gonna have to take issue with you there Hex. If you were levelling this at Download (UK) I'd be right there with you but Wacken is different, and its the people going there that make it that way.

Overpriced - €99 (£75, $155) is very reasonable for a 3 day festival plus camping is for free whether you have a tent or camper. Wacken is not overpriced compared to pretty much any other festival, especially considering the lineup.

Overcrowded - they restrict it to 60,000 and its only in these last 2 years it has sold out. Last year felt a bit crowded but that was simply because some of the site was off limits due to the fact it was a lake just 10 days before the thing started and they couldn't completely dry it out in time. The fact we had a festival at all was testimony to their efforts.

Overrated - Never, the experience is something else. Everybody is friendly and the atmosphere is fantastic because of it. I'd recommend it to anyone.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan