my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Funny Europe observations... (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Funny Europe observations...
Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted April 30, 2007 17:53     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... or the barbed wire tattoo around your bicep(s), like any self-respecting metal groupie

I'm allergic to tattoo ink, but even if I wasn't, I wouldn't want to get anything like that on/under my skin.

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 01, 2007 05:08     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:

I wouldn't buy a taco bell unless you threatened to make me eat a Mickey D if I didn't. No, actually I'd rather grill my own arm and eat it.

It's you yanks that can't speak English, remember your ancestors moved there???

Finally, if you look in any country you will find your fair share of 'sea hags', but once you come across a beautiful English girl nothing else really measures up

PS: Welcome back K

LOL!
I was laughing my ass off.

1. I dunno Knick. Seems to me a Big Mac or a Taco Bell El Grande Burrito Deluxe would taste better than my arm or yours for that matter...unless we added some chopped Jalapenos or something.
I am hungry now.

2. You are right about not being able to speak English. I am from Texas and should know.

3. You haven't been to Croatia have you?
There are hot women literally EVERYWHERE here.
I have heard people say that the most beautifull women they have seen in they're travels are in Croatia. I agree.
Nothing against British women of course. I think they are hot too.

Yeah...this thread was only put up as a light-hearted and funny thing.
Not intended to offend anyone in any way.

HEX...I will drink some of my Austrian beer in your honour. CHEERS!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 01, 2007 15:49     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellrider:

I'm allergic to tattoo ink, but even if I wasn't, I wouldn't want to get anything like that on/under my skin.

How on earth do you find that out?!!!

Still want to get my back tattoo

--------------------

String em up

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted May 01, 2007 18:55     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
How on earth do you find that out?!!!

... I knew my statement begged that question

Electrically powered hypodermic needles cause me to swell really badly (I'm happy I don't need hair removal by Electrolysis - it'd probably kill me...). A few years ago I went to a tattoo parlour with a friend, and was invited to try and get a tiny little one somewhere well hidden. I refused, citing the above, but accepted a little dab of ink just to see if my skin reacted to that as well. It did. So now I know, and keep well away.

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 01, 2007 19:46     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by K:
3. You haven't been to Croatia have you?
There are hot women literally EVERYWHERE here.

Can you send me one of those ? I prefer one without the bullseye, that's one of my favorite spots.

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted May 01, 2007 22:14     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK folks, let's get back to the topic at hand, shall we? "Funny Europe Observations". Someone please explain:

Why do the toilets in Spain, France & elsewhere have those weird push-button flusher thingys on top? That's where you're supposed to put the magazines. Toilets should have levers, the way God intended.

What's with the wimpy 2-prong outlets? Travelers to Europe always have to get converters.

Euros. Ugh. Pesetas, francs, marks, lira, etc. - all gone. And so is some of the character of each of the countries.

EU regulations. There are sooooo many of them that even the fake ones are somehow believable (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6481969.stm - my favorite section is the one about barmaids' breasts).

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 02, 2007 03:56     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The reason Euro-Toilets have buttons is because europeans are born button-pushers.
Americans are born lever-pullers.
Ok...i know...that didnt make much sense did it?

Europe is 220v and America is 115v. I dont know if this is why the actual plugs are different or not.
I know what you mean by power converters. I have a bunch of these with all my American equipment plugged in.
I once blew up a 500w power converter. Still dont know how i managed to do that.

Croatia has the KUNA for currency. Kuna rhymes with Tuna. The 1 KN coin has a pic of a TUNA on it.
Croatians are lacking in imagination a lot of the time.

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted May 02, 2007 05:29     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Damn, so I shouldn't get the Nothingface spider over my butt then??

nah - GO for it! The nothingface spider is a cut above your average tramp stamp!

That would look cool!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted May 02, 2007 06:25     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FredKilHead:
What's with the wimpy 2-prong outlets? Travelers to Europe always have to get converters.

Sigh - the UK has big, THREE-prong plugs, therefore we require as many adaptors as visitors from the US when we cross the Channel.

My Italian friends still haven't got over the shock of seeing the sheer size of our plugs, while I always half-expect their fiddly little ones to fall apart in my hand when I use them.

--------------------

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 02, 2007 11:20     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Damn, so I shouldn't get the Nothingface spider over my butt then??

...crawling out of it's little cave?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 02, 2007 13:02     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx for cheering me up!

--------------------

String em up

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 02, 2007 13:23     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellrider:
Sigh - the UK has big, THREE-prong plugs, therefore we require as many adaptors as visitors from the US when we cross the Channel.

My Italian friends still haven't got over the shock of seeing the sheer size of our plugs, while I always half-expect their fiddly little ones to fall apart in my hand when I use them.

The UK has the strictest safety standards for electrical appliances in the world. Those bulky 3 pin plugs are deliberately designed that way because they are inherently strong and electrically safer than any other plug design - and that is why we didn't adopt the euro standard because it is not up to our standard. Euro mains is actually meant to be 230V but ours is 240V (typical), and to my knowledge the continent is still 220V. How was this fudged? Because they put a tolerance on it of -5/+15% because in reality ours will run as high as 260V when grid usage is low.

Before you ask most modern kit is designed cope with mains voltage from 100V to 250V easily, so mains fluctuation or going to another country is not the problem it once was, apart from the plug that is!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 02, 2007 15:16     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:
The UK has the strictest safety standards for electrical appliances in the world. Those bulky 3 pin plugs are deliberately designed that way because they are inherently strong and electrically safer than any other plug design - and that is why we didn't adopt the euro standard because it is not up to our standard. Euro mains is actually meant to be 230V but ours is 240V (typical), and to my knowledge the continent is still 220V. How was this fudged? Because they put a tolerance on it of -5/+15% because in reality ours will run as high as 260V when grid usage is low.

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted May 02, 2007 15:51     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL Mal! Will you think I'm too nerdy if I say I followed what Knick said without any problem whatsoever?

PS that little fella is cute - even if I hate cats.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 02, 2007 16:20     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

*chuckle*

--------------------

String em up

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted May 02, 2007 16:39     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*shudder*

--------------------

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 02, 2007 19:06     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:

Oops I put my anorak on

--------------------

Hail Santa...

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 02, 2007 20:37     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by K:
Europe is 220v and America is 115v.

Another shitty reason as to why american bands can't bring their own amps over to tour...and vice-versa, of course!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted May 02, 2007 22:15     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So that's why Spinal Tap's amps go up to 11. They need that extra 50% to handle 240 volts, as opposed to the wimpy 120V they sometimes encounter elsewhere when touring the world.

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted May 02, 2007 22:53     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FredKilHead:
So that's why Spinal Tap's amps go up to 11. They need that extra 50% to handle 240 volts, as opposed to the wimpy 120V they sometimes encounter elsewhere when touring the world.

**Right, but everytime MANOWAR go to Europe, they forget about the amplifier/voltage differences and "BLOW THEIR SPEAKERS."

/thank you, thank you. I'm here all......week.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 03, 2007 09:29     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha! Mal, you've done it again. I can't believe I read through all of that Knick. I was thinkin' the same thing as that stoned-ass kitten.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 03, 2007 09:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! This thread has a little bit of everything in it.
Beer, food, sex, tattoo's, kittens, and an education in electrical voltage equipment!

One could learn a lot by visiting VVF.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 03, 2007 12:23     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by K:

One could learn a lot by visiting VVF.

Including... how to tell if your feet stink

--------------------

String em up

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 03, 2007 20:12     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Luna:
Perhaps for a honeymoon.

What? What? What? Surely you jest?!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 03, 2007 23:15     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
What? What? What? Surely you jest?!

errrrr....uhmmm....so. Uhhh, yeah. hmm.

Oh goddamnit! That kitty is killing me.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan