my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Funny Europe observations... (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Author Topic: Funny Europe observations...
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted May 08, 2007 19:52     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic:
Y'know, being from Brazil I can relate to that guy. There's also some country in Europe where people supposedly speak Portuguese, but I can hardly understand a word as well. Fukkin' accents!

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 09, 2007 08:58     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nunoPT:

Hahaha, Slaytanic as an ass! It's funny on so many levels...

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted May 09, 2007 10:04     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Er, did I miss a feud here? And guys, it's acceptable and rather inevitable that countries on different continents should end up speaking different varieties of the same language.

I find it weirder that people living in the very same country should not be able to understand each other - take for instance the Spanish and the Catalans. I'm not having a go at the Catalans - I just find it baffling that so many of them don't speak any Spanish. After all, it's a really useful language spoken by millions throughout the world.

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

Thanos
VoivodFan
Member # 174

posted May 09, 2007 21:47     Profile for Thanos   Email Thanos     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FredKilHead:
> Maybe it's just me, but I prefer women who don't look like sea hags.

Dude, it's just you.

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted May 10, 2007 05:05     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellrider:

I find it weirder that people living in the very same country should not be able to understand each other - take for instance the Spanish and the Catalans. I'm not having a go at the Catalans - I just find it baffling that so many of them don't speak any Spanish. After all, it's a really useful language spoken by millions throughout the world.

When I lived in Barcelona, I picked up catalan - so when holidaying years later in Valencia and Alicante, the waiters would ask me where the hell I got my accent from - they'd say "You've learned to speak spanish the stupid sounding way!"

I was amused anyway.

I speak scouse anyway - which is a dialect of English. My wife from Kent swears that I say a new word she's never heard before every other week. ha ha

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

Hellrider
VoivodFan
Member # 980

posted May 10, 2007 06:30     Profile for Hellrider   Email Hellrider     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shargraves:
I speak scouse anyway - which is a dialect of English.

LOL! But at least you don't study scouse at school, or have a Microsoft Windows interface in the language, and I'm sure you and I would still be able to communicate in something vaguely resembling English

--------------------

"Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of bastards." - R. A. Dickson

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan