my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The Voivod Myspace page (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: The Voivod Myspace page
collpaser
VoivodFan
Member # 820

posted June 19, 2006 07:23     Profile for collpaser   Email collpaser     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have no idea who's running the Voivod page, but I think it's bullshit that "Dan The Man", as he calls himself, is sending Myspace bulletins from the Voivod page looking for a bass player and singer for his band.

Who knows, it could be one of his buddies bands?? Anyway, I thought it was in poor taste.

Please send complaints to him http://www.myspace.com/voivod

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 19, 2006 07:31     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well - thats a tidy page and I've added it. Not sure about it being 'the one and only Voivod fan page' though...

I disagree about it being in bad taste - if he's after like-minded musicians what better way of finding them? Good luck to him.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

collpaser
VoivodFan
Member # 820

posted June 19, 2006 07:44     Profile for collpaser   Email collpaser     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck that, mang!

His musician classified/wanted addy's have no place on the Voivod page, IMO

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 19, 2006 07:47     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fair enough, but who knows - Snake and Blacky arn't busy...

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 19, 2006 08:25     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i ran the Voivod page on Friendster occasionally (whenever the original owner of that page was busy)...i would have never thought of doing that, myself. i dont think its unethical, but pretty misleading, anyways. way to get peoples hopes up (or down) with a bulletin title like "looking for musicians!" or whatever, haha. i saw that MySpace bulletin, too, and just shook my head....

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 19, 2006 10:30     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have no idea who runs this and the Piggy Tribute page, either.
collpaser
VoivodFan
Member # 820

posted June 19, 2006 13:12     Profile for collpaser   Email collpaser     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Myspace has really been coming down on "fan" or "tribute" pages lately. I really don't mind them if they're ran well, but this guy is a prime example of how not to run a page, I know I deleted him.

It would be awesome if one of the band members had time, or someone with tact and respect to do it right. Maybe someone could post live and demo nuggets from time to time (with the bands permission, of course).

The sad thing is this guy had repeatedly sent out that bulletin for the last two days that I know of. Heh, at least he's gone off my list.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 19, 2006 14:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it would help if he mentioned he's not the "official" voivod space but I honestly don't see what's wrong with him helping his friends band locate a bassist and singer. Networking is what my space is used for. It's not like his bulletins say that Voivod is looking for new members (at least not the bulletins I received and read).

He's promoting Voivod in a positive with songs and info and to me that's a good thing. I certainly don't see any difference in what he's doing than if Annie & Snake desided to post a bulletin to try and find musicians for a friends band.

just my 2 cents

--------------------

yawn

Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted June 19, 2006 16:18     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If this isnt the official Voivod myspace then why is a link to it listed on the End Records Katorz E-card?

Go to the thread and play the e-card and you'll see a myspace link.The very same link your talking about.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 19, 2006 22:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Filth Hound:
If this isnt the official Voivod myspace then why is a link to it listed on the End Records Katorz E-card?

Go to the thread and play the e-card and you'll see a myspace link.The very same link your talking about.

HUH, interesting ! ? ! ? didn't know that it was linked in the E-card. If it's not the official myspace than they sure must be letting the person who set it represent the band. I've had that space in "my friends" since I found out about it months ago.

--------------------

yawn

Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted June 21, 2006 01:08     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CLOSED MINDS BREED IGNORANCE
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 21, 2006 07:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CLOSED MINDS BREED IGNORANCE
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 21, 2006 11:46     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CLOSED IGNORANCE BREED MINDS

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 21, 2006 11:49     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What the fuck's wrong with you guys?
Jeeezus...
Trolls these days...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 21, 2006 11:51     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ABSOLUTELY LISTENABLE!!!!!!111
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 21, 2006 16:48     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CLOSED BREEDING IGNORE MINDS

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 21, 2006 17:01     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
myspace.com/argor IZ my signature. There may be other signaturez like thiz but myspace.com/argor iz MY signature! YO! FUKKZZZ YAH!!! IGNORANT MINDS CLOSE BREEDING!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 21, 2006 17:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm glad everyone is enjoying MY signature.
I came up with that saying years ago when some old lady at work said something incredibly stupid... I made a sticker for my car with it and printed up T Shirts with cool artwork and the saying also.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 21, 2006 19:42     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ECNARONGI DEERB SDNIM DESOLC

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Filth Hound
VoivodFan
Member # 811

posted June 21, 2006 20:42     Profile for Filth Hound   Email Filth Hound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hctib,eseehc ym wonk I
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 22, 2006 03:53     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I came up with that saying years ago when some old lady at work said something incredibly stupid... I made a sticker for my car with it and printed up T Shirts with cool artwork and the saying also.

Was this making up for the fact that you couldn't think of a witty come-back at the time?

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 22, 2006 06:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Warrior:
Was this making up for the fact that you couldn't think of a witty come-back at the time?

I'm sure I had a good come back but it probably would have been so extreme I could have been fired. Closed minded over zealous religious people piss me off when they open their mouth and think they know how the world should be run and how to judge everybody

--------------------

yawn

JCN1971
VoivodFan
Member # 742

posted June 22, 2006 11:36     Profile for JCN1971   Email JCN1971     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Annie & Snake's My Space has disappeard off the face of the planet.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 22, 2006 11:51     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya, that's fucked up.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 22, 2006 19:57     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Closed minded over zealous religious people piss me off when they open their mouth and think they know how the world should be run and how to judge everybody

Such people never bother me. They clock me as a church burner the second they meet me. Otherwise I bring up dinosaurs. Religious people fucking HATE dinosaurs!

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan