my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What would you ask to Voivod?AFTER THE INTERVIEW (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: What would you ask to Voivod?AFTER THE INTERVIEW
Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted May 23, 2006 01:43     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As I said in another topic, I'm gonna interview Voivod tomorrow.
I've always dreamed about that, and now that is really gonna happen, I'm not sure what questions to ask...
If u had the chance, what would u ask?

--------------------

PAIN MAKES ME STRONGER EVERYDAY

|  IP: Logged
Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted May 23, 2006 04:20     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ask them when the Piggy movie/dvd will be available... and if it will be packaged with the Katorz release as a ltd edition type of deal.

I'd also ask some questions about the material for the next album. Such as, are the guitar parts from the rest of the 23 songs as complete as the Katorz recordings. And when are we likely to hear the unreleased Eric era album (and is it the final chapter of the Voivod saga/story).

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 23, 2006 08:44     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Favourite biscuit?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 23, 2006 09:09     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So, re... remember when you did that Nothingface album? That was awesome...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 23, 2006 12:21     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DH and NF remasters wouldn't hurt either.

I would personally ask if they still think about being at the wrong place at the wrong time when MCA and Mechanic went separate ways. They had just released a new album (AR, which MCA refused to spend money on), didn't tour to promote it and obviously lost the momentum built with NF.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

RageAholic
VoivodFan
Member # 795

posted May 23, 2006 12:26     Profile for RageAholic   Email RageAholic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i would ask about plans after the next Piggy album is released.Will Voivod "Carry On"?
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted May 23, 2006 12:31     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ask about the Away art book !

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted May 23, 2006 14:30     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ask about the after Piggy - any chance to see them live again ? are they going to do music without Piggy with another band name or something ? etc.
Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted May 23, 2006 14:50     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All the albums are supposed to be rereleased & remastered within a year.

That's what I've been told.

Let's wait.

But please, try to confirm it.

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted May 23, 2006 15:00     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ask Away about the «Iron Gang #1».

Also, please ask if a tribute concert to Piggy will take place somewhere in Montreal with guitarists inspired by Voivod, and also about the side-projects of each members.

Thanx for asking us!!!

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 23, 2006 18:18     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i have a lot of questions because i am so nosey. i have the feeling that very few of them are appropriate for an interview.
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted May 23, 2006 19:15     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wanted to ask these but either forgot to include them in past interviews or time was running out-(1)For Away,in one interview during the "negatron" era,you mentioned that you could've made a whole concept album from the song-"Nanoman"-if you had the time and means to do so,what would've been the storyline and do you think that a concept of machinelike perfection(Nanoman) in a confrontation with the Voivod(chaos and imperfection) would've worked?

(2)When you are making unique music,the imagination represents an unrestricted studio to come up with ideas to put into song arrangments/effects/time signatures that are virtually limitless but real factors such as actual technology/time and money/music equipment can affect the amount of how the music/concepts come out during composition and the recording process. What Voivod album represented the most fully realized product of your imagination(soundwise/conceptwise?) Which album was the least realized? and (3)In one interview (pre-1994),Away mentioned that near the time before Snake decided to depart band life-he was trying to sing and play bass at the same time but he was unable to achieve both functions. Of course without being disrespectful to Jason's help in reviving Voivod(and his own contributions and dedicated spirit in promoting the band),do you think that if Snake persevered,he would've found his own signature style that compliments his Voi-vocals? and lastly, there was another unreleased song from the long ago "Angel Rat" sessions called "Alveolar"(I heard about it in an old interview from Metal Maniacs'91)-please release this song as maybe a bonus track on either a future relase or a remastered past album!!! That would be about it......

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 23, 2006 23:33     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those are fantastic news, Ron! Thanks for sharing!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 24, 2006 00:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a wodchuck could chuck wood?

when are the voivod action figures and bobble head dolls going to be released?

who's god?
who's dog?

--------------------

yawn

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted May 24, 2006 01:46     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well,guys,thanks a lot for sharing with me your thoughts...Interview is today,and so far I think I'll ask general questions (such as next album and dvd releases,or the away art book),personally I'd love to ask the more specific ones, like the ones neutronboy wrote, but I'll do it only if there's time as well as the guys will seem eager to answer the previous ones...also, they refer to a very long time ago, so maybe I won't get a real answer...

--------------------

Nox
VoivodFan
Member # 801

posted May 24, 2006 04:00     Profile for Nox   Email Nox     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ask them what the Fuck were they thinking of when they released AWESOME ALBUMS like DH,Nothingface,Negatron
Give my regards to all of them plz!

--------------------

††† In the name of God,impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation.Amen †††

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 24, 2006 05:23     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ask them if you can tape the interview and post is as an mp3 on voivodfan.com!
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted May 24, 2006 06:16     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ask them if they used Megatron skateboard trucks.
I'm sure they made an album in it's honor, but accidentally misspelled it

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 24, 2006 08:25     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a wodchuck could chuck wood?

when are the voivod action figures and bobble head dolls going to be released?

who's god?
who's dog?

You win!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

jdominguez
VoivodFan
Member # 789

posted May 24, 2006 11:03     Profile for jdominguez   Email jdominguez     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello, i'd like to know if did Piggy usually compose both guitars and vocals. I think it's quite difficult to do separately (Piggy guitars and Snake vocals) to get a compact 'product' (song), and they (Voivod) manage to do it. Did he record the vocal line ideas in his Mac also, before passing away?

Thank you! (maybe it's late for my question...)

RIP Piggy.

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted May 24, 2006 17:52     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well,it's been an amazing afternoon...the interview was 30 minutes long...and in the end I dined with them!!!!!!!!!
yes, u understood right: I HAD DINNER WITH SNAKE AND AWAY!!!!!!!!!!
just a few answers to the questions:
all the cd's,the art book and dvds will be released within a year;
they are currently thinking about doing the piggy memorial concert in montreal in autumn;
the nanoman concept album rumor was just a rumor...away never thought about it.
cheers voivodians!!!!today I've been blessed by the great korgull itself!!!

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 25, 2006 04:10     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by biareus:
well,it's been an amazing afternoon...the interview was 30 minutes long...and in the end I dined with them!!!!!!!!!
yes, u understood right: I HAD DINNER WITH SNAKE AND AWAY!!!!!!!!!!
just a few answers to the questions:
all the cd's,the art book and dvds will be released within a year;
they are currently thinking about doing the piggy memorial concert in montreal in autumn;
the nanoman concept album rumor was just a rumor...away never thought about it.
cheers voivodians!!!!today I've been blessed by the great korgull itself!!!

Good lord. Tell us more about it. In 30 minutes you must have had a deeper going interview?? I expect you gave us the highlights of the interview so you can go and work it out. Please let us read the whole thing.....

Thank you very much.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 25, 2006 07:51     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by biareus:
and in the end I dined with them!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo! Fuck off and dine!

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted May 25, 2006 09:09     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:

Good lord. Tell us more about it. In 30 minutes you must have had a deeper going interview?? I expect you gave us the highlights of the interview so you can go and work it out. Please let us read the whole thing.....

Thank you very much.

i'll post a summary of the whole interview as soon i write it down.
maybe it's gonna be a little bit short,but that's because i work for an italian webzine:to post it here i'd have to listen to the tape and write in italian,then again in english....

--------------------

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted May 25, 2006 09:48     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
Woohoo! Fuck off and dine!

lol

Cool Biareus. Looking forward to the interview!

--------------------

Tonight we celebrate!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan