my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » voivod r going to continue w./o piggy so.... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: voivod r going to continue w./o piggy so....
tony galiffo
VoivodFan
Member # 774

posted May 19, 2006 14:21     Profile for tony galiffo   Email tony galiffo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
who will the guys find to continue with guitars and maybey touring (which i think they shouldnt) but still, who???

well voivod is a "odd" band made of "odd" charecters, so u got to find a guitarist who's is...

wierd
a solo expert
and still very very wierd....

and i think that if voivod gonna continue, they should hire...

Marty Friedman

but what do u guys think

--------------------

"some people look at the glass and think its half full; well i see the glass as half empty and ask the world who fucking drank my drink!?''
-----------------------------------------------------------------

|  IP: Logged
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted May 19, 2006 14:31     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tony Galiffo = the answer to a question no one asked.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 19, 2006 14:33     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tony galiffo:
but what do u guys think

i don't think so.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted May 19, 2006 14:44     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where's your source, 'cause it ain't happening. Although the studio albums will still continue...

and the old megadeth dude? Not in a million years.

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted May 19, 2006 15:21     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggy's guitar tracks are already recorded for the next album so he ain't gonna be replaced even for that. Voivod as a band are gone, let's enjoy what is to come and what has gone before.

Piggy was unique.

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted May 19, 2006 15:29     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well,i'm gonna (or at least i hope) to interview the guys next week,they'll be here in milan....can't wait!!!
Among the questions i'll ask them,I was wondering if i should ask something like that....at least we'll have an answer!!

--------------------

PAIN MAKES ME STRONGER EVERYDAY

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted May 19, 2006 15:31     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw the guys offer Vinnie Vincent the gig at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted May 19, 2006 16:30     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by biareus:
well,i'm gonna (or at least i hope) to interview the guys next week,they'll be here in milan....can't wait!!!
Among the questions i'll ask them,I was wondering if i should ask something like that....at least we'll have an answer!!

Oh, so the guys are flying to Europe again? Cool!

Can you picture Denis Bélanger sitting in the plane and someone pointing at him screaming: omg, Snake on a plane! There's motherf*@#ing Snake on the motherf*@#ing plane!

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted May 19, 2006 18:53     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:

Can you picture Denis Bélanger sitting in the plane and someone pointing at him screaming: omg, Snake on a plane! There's motherf*@#ing Snake on the motherf*@#ing plane!

Holy shit I howled laughing at that, thanks!

Best, PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 19, 2006 19:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
even if Voivod were looking for someone to play guitar on a tour and as much as I like Marty (he's originally from Baltimore area, my home town, when he was a young lad thrashin out in a band named DEUCE, later named TENSION, before going to jopin HAWAII and then MEGADETH) i don't think he fits the band.

--------------------

yawn

undeadair
VoivodFan
Member # 799

posted May 22, 2006 03:27     Profile for undeadair   Email undeadair     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My vote would be to get fellow Canadian nut-job Devin Townsend, but I honestly don't see Voivod continuing after they've used up the material Piggy left behind.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted May 22, 2006 04:53     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by undeadair:
My vote would be to get fellow Canadian nut-job Devin Townsend, but I honestly don't see Voivod continuing after they've used up the material Piggy left behind.

I would love them to continue recording and playing - together or apart - but, please god, not as 'Voivod'.

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted May 22, 2006 06:34     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by undeadair:
(...)but I honestly don't see Voivod continuing after they've used up the material Piggy left behind.

I think thats beyond the point here...

the question as I understand it is:
"Will Voïvod find someone who can handle Piggys riffing and soloing well enough so that they can make a few more gigs...", thats all...

I doubt they will continue afterwards and compose new music, theres not a chence in the world IMO... and I really wouldnt want it, it was hard enough to cope with the loss of one of the basic force already (hopefully hes still alive) so now that Piggys gone...

but I for one wouldnt mind them to play a couple more shows to let the masses know what genius Piggy was so they can strangle with remorse that they wouldnt recognise his status when he was still with us.

well, I do think Piggys still with us...

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted May 22, 2006 06:49     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only way I can see Voivod "continuing" is simply in the spirit and experience the ex-members bring to any new projects they involve themselves in. And that's the way I'd want it to be.
JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted May 22, 2006 08:23     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Neverman:
I think thats beyond the point here...

the question as I understand it is:
"Will Voïvod find someone who can handle Piggys riffing and soloing well enough so that they can make a few more gigs...", thats all...

No, that wasn't the question, if you look at it again Tony asked who will the band find to continue with guitars and MAYBE touring. So I think he means Voivod will make more albums with another guitarist which is a terrible idea and not true anyway.

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted May 22, 2006 08:27     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by biareus:

What???
When, where, how did you know that?

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted May 22, 2006 10:00     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by escubria:
So I think he means Voivod will make more albums with another guitarist which is a terrible idea and not true anyway.

at least we share the same thoughts!

--------------------

I hear the things you say but tell me...
what do you mean?

Nico
VoivodFan
Member # 567

posted May 23, 2006 01:32     Profile for Nico   Email Nico     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helldriver:
What???
When, where, how did you know that?

beh,sto facendo qualche intervista negli ultimi tempi per un mio amico che lavora per un sito di musica online...e ho scoperto che sarebbero stati qui per un giro di interviste...ovviamente ho chiesto di andarci!

--------------------

PAIN MAKES ME STRONGER EVERYDAY

Quazar
VoivodFan
Member # 800

posted May 23, 2006 15:35     Profile for Quazar   Email Quazar     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personnally, I think it's impossible to Voïvod to write new songs without Piggy, because when he was alive and well, the caneva was created by him then the band works the ideas, the Voïvod sound was him. Just thinking about his set-up and I think it will be forever a secret... Anyway, the mission now is about keeping the last tracks alive!!!!

--------------------

Party de l'interzone!

jdominguez
VoivodFan
Member # 789

posted May 24, 2006 11:10     Profile for jdominguez   Email jdominguez     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No matter who came... It would be disapointing
Surf/Slam82
VoivodFan
Member # 741

posted May 24, 2006 12:13     Profile for Surf/Slam82   Email Surf/Slam82     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well there is no question Voivod must make
albums with a new guitarist and tour.

Any guy who is a fan and can play would do
fine.

Not Friedman though.

I would say get um who's that one guy
from Love Spit Love?

He can jam.

Nox
VoivodFan
Member # 801

posted May 24, 2006 13:05     Profile for Nox   Email Nox     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If Voivod decide to contnue without Piggy,it will be difficult to find such a good guitarist (who also will write lyrics sometimes) like Piggy

Agree with me guys???

--------------------

††† In the name of God,impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation.Amen †††

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted May 24, 2006 13:41     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd rather them not even try. In my mind, Voivod as a touring entity is dead. Riffmaster P was the heart and soul of that band.

Friedman? Come on now. Don't be silly.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 25, 2006 10:02     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kirk Hammet should do it. Be good press if nothing else.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 25, 2006 10:13     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kirk Hammett?
*insert barfy emoticom here*

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan