my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » voivod r going to continue w./o piggy so.... (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: voivod r going to continue w./o piggy so....
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 25, 2006 12:16     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by undeadair:
My vote would be to get fellow Canadian nut-job Devin Townsend, but I honestly don't see Voivod continuing after they've used up the material Piggy left behind.

Heh. I'll second that.

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted May 25, 2006 15:06     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can see a new band with away and snake, maybe jason and a guitarist of their own...

Away is one of my all-time favorite drummers, I like Snake a lot and i would appreciate to listen to them with a new concept, if they're willing to write new material.

Maybe Union Made with Away on drums ? That would be cool !

But not under the Voïvod name. Nobody could replace Piggy on guitars.

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted May 25, 2006 15:48     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If an album is ever released under the name Voivod without Piggy -which won't happen anyway- I won't be buying.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 25, 2006 17:32     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by escubria:
If an album is ever released under the name Voivod without Piggy -which won't happen anyway- I won't be buying.

i would

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 25, 2006 20:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd buy anything released by VOIVOD because I know Away and Snake would never release anything under that name that wasn't up to the VOIVOD standard. As long as they continue creating music I'll be buying it no matter what they call themselves.

--------------------

yawn

L'Heavy
VoivodFan
Member # 655

posted May 27, 2006 01:04     Profile for L'Heavy   Email L'Heavy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Forget it for another guitarist!
Piggy is so unique and Voivod is now a real good studio band. It's possible for the guys to continue as Voivod 'cause Piggy left so much material and anyone of them have so much talent.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted May 27, 2006 01:30     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The very idea behind this topic is flawed beyond belief. There is no one...No One,,,that could fill the shoes. Piggy's playing defined Voivod's sound with so much personal feel that I don't believe any player could capture it live, let alone on tape. Marty Friedman?? Good God! May as well let Eddie Van Halen in the tryouts too.

Each member brought something very unique to Voivod. Initially, everyone revolted when Blacky left. In retrospect, Snake proved to be irreplaceable as well. Piggy's replacement...musically and spiritually impossible.

All of us know the ugly truth about Voivod's future. The best way to handle it, in my less-than-humble opinion is to relish this last collection of gifts from Piggy and his bandmates, then let Voivod join Piggy in the outer limits.

I'd love to hear new music from Voivod every couple years for the rest of my life, but not this way.

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted May 27, 2006 04:08     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well said Nothingface, let's end this foolish thread.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 27, 2006 22:55     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
relish this last collection of gifts from Piggy and his bandmates, then let Voivod join Piggy in the outer limits.

Well put.

--------------------

farside
VoivodFan
Member # 193

posted May 30, 2006 14:00     Profile for farside   Email farside     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nobody can replace Piggy, ever. We'll all miss the band, but it's time to let go.

That said, I hope Away and Snake continue on with new projects under a new name.

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted May 31, 2006 06:52     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Voivod have the right to create music. Of course Piggy was unique, but I'd accept a new guitarist if he's dedicated, original, very creative, innovative and captures the soul of the band.
There sure is a hidden nonfamous genius out there.

--------------------

What the...?

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted May 31, 2006 08:22     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon6:
I think Voivod have the right to create music. Of course Piggy was unique, but I'd accept a new guitarist if he's dedicated, original, very creative, innovative and captures the soul of the band.
There sure is a hidden nonfamous genius out there.

Exactly what I think, it's up to them to say when the band is dead, I'll accept any new guitarrist(s) they found to be right for create new music under the Voivod or another band name.

I may be a dreamer but I tend to think positive, the guys are musicians and they (hopefully) will play music for the rest of their life, if they found the right people it will be a great waste to let die the Voivod band.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted May 31, 2006 08:36     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's not up to us, is it?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Surf/Slam82
VoivodFan
Member # 741

posted May 31, 2006 17:34     Profile for Surf/Slam82   Email Surf/Slam82     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Denis was one is a million sure, but I don't get all this "Voivod can't exist anymore"
stuff.

Strange denizens inhabit VVFAN eh?

People who would rather see Voivod hang it up
than cont. without the Burning Metal Axe !?!?

Voivod still have a lot to accomplish IMO.

They still haven't recorded their pop album
yet!!!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 01, 2006 07:49     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Surf/Slam82:
Denis was one is a million sure, but I don't get all this "Voivod can't exist anymore"
stuff.

Strange denizens inhabit VVFAN eh?

People who would rather see Voivod hang it up
than cont. without the Burning Metal Axe !?!?

Voivod still have a lot to accomplish IMO.

They still haven't recorded their pop album
yet!!!

Yes they did. Angelrat?

Maybe they could go in a sort of Voïvod II phase (like Amon Düül II, but that's not exactly the same story...), like they are still Voïvod, but not quite the same.

Or maybe Kosmos could be it?

Look at me, I'm rambling again...

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted June 01, 2006 09:18     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldororz:
Yes they did. Angelrat?

Maybe they could go in a sort of Voïvod II phase (like Amon Düül II, but that's not exactly the same story...), like they are still Voïvod, but not quite the same.

Or maybe Kosmos could be it?

Look at me, I'm rambling again...

It's already Voivod mark III if you remember who landed on the Invisible Planet.

As for the pop album it's

R
R
R
O
O
O
A
A
A
R
R
R

"Ya des mélodie mais c'est subtile"

A quote from Piggy in a 1984 radio interview in Jonquière speaking of Voivod music in the RRROOOAAARRR album area "There is melody but it's subtle"

I still wonder why RRROOOAAARRR didn't have that much radio airplay. Maybe it's too subtle....

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

PsyKoDork
VoivodFan
Member # 808

posted June 01, 2006 21:16     Profile for PsyKoDork   Email PsyKoDork     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you guys want the scoop?

hehe... I did an interview with Away a few weeks ago for my extreme metal fanzine, ARSENIC, it's a french print sold in Quebec... and here's pretty much what the told me...

1- Other than the 13 songs they had jammed and that Piggy had re-recorded his guitar parts with Pro Tools, there's a bunch of other songs he's also done riffs for. They've got material for two more records after the next one... What they don't know is how Jason will feel about that material. So for now, they focus on Katorz and the next album and will see what they'll do next.

2- I've asked Away if they'll tour for Katorz and he said that so far, they don't think so, although it might happen in 2007. They just can't do it right now. They just can't picture themselves touring without Piggy yet... the wound is still too fresh.

3- When I've asked about replacement, he also said it was way too early to think about this, but then he said it would have to be a guitarist which has a signature type playing and mentionned Andreas Kisser, of Sepultura...

the zine comes out early July. It will be available at Profusion in Montreal and at some concerts...

Martin
Editor
ARSENIC

myspace

--------------------

ARSENIC No4: VOIVOD, Kreator, Napalm Death, Sonata Arctica, Children Of Bodom, A Perfect Murder, Atheretic, Bloodshoteye, Martyr (In the Studio), Shades of Dusk, Shaolin, Talamyus, Unexpect, A Headbanger's Journey, Neuraxis au Japon, Show, CD et DVD reviews

www.myspace.com/arsenic08

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan