my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Morgoth Invasion 2006 - 1st Annual Voivod World Convention (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Morgoth Invasion 2006 - 1st Annual Voivod World Convention
Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 09, 2005 17:59     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Count us in! Maybe we can arrange to record our second LP in Montreal around the same time - Guest musicians galore!! Ah, if only the budget would cover it....

when we did the board bands thing (from the ALL/Descendents message board), ALL lent all the bands a backline of their own stuff. you just had to bring your own guitars/basses and effects. drums, mikes and amplification were there already. just sayin'.................

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

|  IP: Logged
IronGang84
VoivodFan
Member # 624

posted September 09, 2005 19:54     Profile for IronGang84   Email IronGang84     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sons Of Liberty will try and be there to add some good alcohol fueled punk to the mix. Might be hard getting all the gear across the border though, so bringing as little as possible would be best... Either way, I'll try and make it regardless

--------------------

"we carry on"

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 09, 2005 22:45     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A Grand Banquet & Ball, Voivod-style - We are Connected. I fucking love this. My Goth Flying V and I will indeed be there. Does anyone happen to have tabs for Pre-Ignition? (is such a thing even possible?) If so, please send -- I'm gonna need a head start, very out of practice these days.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 10, 2005 03:23     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
My Goth Flying V and I will indeed be there.

Well, I'll bring my skin-flute then!

--------------------

http://www.reverbnation.com/paulenglish

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 10, 2005 03:35     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Black Cloud:
Well, I'll bring my skin-flute then!

Uhhh... I just found out I can't make it

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 10, 2005 07:57     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I have the money I will make it.. probably not though.

--------------------

String em up

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted September 13, 2005 17:31     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1st off let me apologise in advance for this VERY long winded post.

Our thought process is that we should announce a full committee meeting online(to be held in the VVF chat?) to nominate and vote in elected officials.

Over the next year we will hold monthly full committee meetings, say the first or last Monday night of each month. At that meeting each of the chairs will give a report of what is going on with their individual committees.

All of the different sub committees will have their own autonomy. Meaning each committee will decide what they are doing, vote on it, and present it to the full committee. Now full committee will reserve the right to question their decisions.

Meaning that if the entertainment/programming committee came to the monthly meeting, and told us the keynote speaker they have voted on was OJ Simpson, yes it would be funny, but may not be what we are looking for.

The committee could then veto their decision and tell that committtee to come back with an alternative.

The sub commitee chair will be responsible for scheduling thier own meetings to assign tasks and make sure their perspective committee goals are being met.

Everything is fairly voted on with a quorum of committee members. Meaning in order to vote something into policy, 75% of committee members must be present at the meeting.

Here are the sub committees we think are necessary.

1. Arts and Graphics - Responsibilities to include decorations, Convention logo design, web site maintenance, and pamphlet design.

2. Entertainment / programming - Responsibilities to include finding and booking talent for the "preignition" (great fucking idea) and the main band for the Sat. event, the keynote speaker, the different activities, the banquet, and the VV historical room.

3. Registration - This committee is important because money is involved. They will have to set up a Po Box where the pre registration money is to be sent. They will also need to build a group of people to greet and register people once they arrive at the convention itself. Once again money is involved with this commitment.

4. Chair and vice chair of the convention to MC the events and to be at every function to confirm they are running smoothly.

Just so you know, my position is "just because I say something doesn't make it so".

If you think I am off base or wrong about something let me know. With that being said, if I have an issue with someone trust that I'll say it right to them.

I am only doing this so this group of people will all meet at long last and celebrate VV.

This will be a serious commitment on all of us involved.

Again sorry for the never fucking ending post.

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 13, 2005 18:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
damn, you've really thought this out!!!

I will be unable to attend but hope this gets off the ground and a shit load of people here finally get to meet each other and have an incredible time... and don't get arrested

good luck

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 13, 2005 21:29     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
waitaminute here...you're making this sound like some bad office job Huck Finn.
Whatever happened to simply meeting up at a cool dive bar and slapping each on the back for a job well done? i.e: Thanks for flying out to MTL and loving a great band called Voivod.

And shit, if you're not going schroeder, I'm out...

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 13, 2005 22:04     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
And shit, if you're not going schroeder, I'm out...

i see how you are. thats ok, i can have PLENTY of fun without you. youll see!

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 13, 2005 22:27     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha, cthon! Christ it's been awhile since you've cracked me up...where the fuck have you been lately?

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 13, 2005 22:58     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
haha, cthon! Christ it's been awhile since you've cracked me up...where the fuck have you been lately?

havent seen you on chat lately, thats been my bad, i guess. i need to pay more attention to the little green chat sign....

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 14, 2005 07:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LUNA - we all know you will go ANYWHERE that serves alcohol... you'll be the first to arrive and the last to leave

seriously, september is a damn busy month at the gallery (especially weekends) so the possibility is not there. fuck me for being too stupid and not wanting a regular job that allowed for weekends off

--------------------

yawn

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted September 14, 2005 10:48     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
waitaminute here...you're making this sound like some bad office job Huck Finn.
Whatever happened to simply meeting up at a cool dive bar and slapping each on the back for a job well done? i.e: Thanks for flying out to MTL and loving a great band called Voivod.

If that's the case I'll be in MTL on Oct 8-10th and will gladly meet.

However, what I was suggesting was something a little different.

Having a wife, three children, and two jobs does not afford me an abundence of free time. So in order to set up what I have suggested is going to take a considerable amount help and support.

I will do whatever is the group's consensus. All of these things have been nothing more then suggestions.

Let me know either way, I'm in.

PS - The date could also be changed.

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 14, 2005 11:06     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW, Huck, I love your Animal House signature.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 14, 2005 11:53     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huck and I have decided to email VVF members directly about their ideas regarding what they would like to see happen over a two day period at Morgoth. This may take me a day or two to get to everyone. If you do not receive an email from the Mezster...don't run to your bedroom and cry...you can email me directly at:

mez@irongang.com

(it might also help if you update your address in your profile)

No matter how insane an idea you come up with, we want it. Once we collect all the ideas for a two day program...we will submit this VVF'ers for review and go from there. This way we might all be able to better visualize such an event becoming reality.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 15, 2005 16:15     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be in the bar across the road if anyone needs me.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 15, 2005 16:17     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
I like the "VV historical room" idea. Try to get the blower bass on display.

display? i think you meant play. c'mon over corpse.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 15, 2005 16:34     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be at the bar across the street getting sloshed with Emlyn, probably.

I want no part of that disaster.

Sorry.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 15, 2005 22:45     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
I'll be in the bar across the road if anyone needs me.

Where do I sign up then?

--------------------

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted September 15, 2005 23:38     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it would be cool if the remaining members would be there...and of course..an open bar..

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted September 19, 2005 13:39     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
sure, if you don't mind hearing Barney and Dora songs.

You have been assimilated just like me!

One of us...one of us...one of us...

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 19, 2005 14:50     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey:
You have been assimilated just like me!

I have BEEN to DORA LIVE, pal -- don't talk to me!

--------------------

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted September 19, 2005 15:46     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My wife took my kids to Wiggles Live a few months back. I got outta that one! Dora Live? Yikes. Vamanos! (Or, rather, VOImanos)...
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 19, 2005 16:33     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahaha....the wiggles..... my neice and nephew got stompin' tom connors from me because i refuse to supply them with barney or any of his cracked out over stuffed colorful friends. their current fave is the hockey song.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan