my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Morgoth Invasion 2006 - 1st Annual Voivod World Convention (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Author Topic: Morgoth Invasion 2006 - 1st Annual Voivod World Convention
Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted September 19, 2005 17:08     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey:
My wife took my kids to Wiggles Live a few months back. I got outta that one! Dora Live? Yikes. Vamanos! (Or, rather, VOImanos)...

If I ever get my fucking hands on those Wiggle fucks I will teach them the GI headstomp.

The worst is when my kids watch that shit first thing in the morning and I spend the rest of my day singing "fruit salad, Yummy, Yummy"

It is then that you know for sure that the life you had once led is now over.

--------------------

Here we go Steelers, here we go!

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 20, 2005 03:11     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Huck Finn:

The worst is when my kids watch that shit first thing in the morning and I spend the rest of my day singing "fruit salad, Yummy, Yummy"

http://www.thewiggles.com.au/CD/yummyyummy/index.html

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 20, 2005 13:32     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lucky me! My 2 1/2 y.o son is really into Tom Waits' "Hoist that Rag" these days. He also digs Ween (the Blarney Stone!) and Zappa (he thinks that RDNZL sounds like clown music).

Treat your kids with good music, me say. Just say no to shitty music for kids!

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted September 20, 2005 13:46     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My kids' favorite CD right now is They Might Be Giants - "No!".
Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted September 20, 2005 13:54     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
6 yr old loves the Crumbsuckers-Life of Dreams.
She and my 4 yr old, 3 month old all go nuts for Revelations by Maiden.

--------------------

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted September 20, 2005 20:08     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I tought this topic was about organizing a voivod convention/party...not talking about kids music

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 20, 2005 23:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WHO doesn't go crazy for Maiden's REVELATIONS? great tune

We are now organizing a VOIVOD convention for anyone under the age of 10, parents are of course welcome to attend to show the kids what real music is all about

METAL SCHOOL

classes:
THRASH 101
BASICS OF HEADBANGING
SIGN LANGUAGE OF THE DAMNED \m/
EVOLUTION OF EVIL
OUTSIDE THE METAL BOX
HOW TO UNDERSTAND COOKIE MONSTER VOCALS

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 21, 2005 01:54     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't have kids (where the hell would I put all my guitars?) but I once knew a dog who'd physically attack the stereo when we put Nurse With Wound on.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 21, 2005 09:15     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Razor:
I tought this topic was about organizing a voivod convention/party...not talking about kids music

I like how the topic is moving toward something other than what was originally thought up re: Morgoth Invasion '06...and I don't even have kids!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted September 21, 2005 09:16     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
are you gonna be there luna ?

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Ron Mc Gregor
VoivodFan
Member # 595

posted December 12, 2005 22:18     Profile for Ron Mc Gregor   Email Ron Mc Gregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where are we as of today with that celebration?

--------------------

VOIVOD STUFF / AUT'CHOSE
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff.html
http://www.lucienfrancoeur.com/voivod_stuff/index.html
http://www.myspace.com/autchose

Huck Finn
VoivodFan
Member # 585

posted December 13, 2005 10:20     Profile for Huck Finn   Email Huck Finn     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, the initial suggestion was a Voivod convention, much like a "Star Trek" kind of thing. That idea was not well received.

Then it was sugested that we all meet at a bar in MTL to meet and say hello. That never came to pass either.

My thought was something in the middle, a night of drinking and merryment at a club in MTL. Something like the Piggy memorial.

I am willing to continue to discuss making this thing a reality or attend if there is anyone planning it.

Either way, I just thought it was a good idea for all Voivod fans to get together...

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 14, 2005 07:53     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, now that I only live just a few hours away, I will definitely be in attendance for what ever goes down. I like the idea of meeting up and having a memorial/celebration of Piggy and Voivod. So what about August? Gives everyone plenty of time to plan and save.

And in my opinion, since I've already attended a VoivodFan meeting, I think it's safe to say that all Voivod fans are fucking cool people to hang out with and get drunk with.

Luna, you will visit me then and we'll drive up!!! Okay?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 14, 2005 14:11     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:

Luna, you will visit me then and we'll drive up!!! Okay?

okely dokely

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 15, 2005 07:45     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
okely dokely

Oops, invitation to you too slugbutt! Sorry

THRASHING RAGE
VoivodFan
Member # 668

posted December 17, 2005 23:12     Profile for THRASHING RAGE   Email THRASHING RAGE     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
man, that sounds wicked! how do you pre-register? haha! it's right before my birthday too!HAW! ill be there with balls on. hell, maby you should make a website for it and link to a lot of other metal sites, it's sure to catch some eyes then.

--------------------

GO SHIT! IM NOT A FISH!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan