my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Favorite Funny Band Names! (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: Favorite Funny Band Names!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 07, 2005 07:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Va¢ärmeS:
Hey Schroeder, is it the same Rancid Decay from Maryland that did the "You Had To Be Eliminated Because You Are Breathing Our Air" demo in `85?
I had a friend too in this band. Not remembered exacltly but I think his name was Jim and he was doing Pownder (or something alike) fanzine! I used to tape-traded and writen for his fanzine (including a complete WWIII festival review)!

That's the one VAC, I don't remember a Jim, being in the band. I met Matt Crocco the guitarist and went to a lot of their practices and shows. They originally had a screamer on vocals who did YHTBEBYWBOA demos, and then Fernando, the second guitarist took over on vocals after the original guy left (he was great). Eric Dickson was the drummer, and the bass players name escapes me, maybe he replaced your buddy, Jim. I created a cd from the '88 demo tape which Dan Miller (Apolla Ra/Museum Of Fear)helped produce, It's still a great ep to listen to. It's locked up in storage until I move but I can burn one for you when I get it out if you want.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted January 10, 2005 10:53     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
That's the one VAC, I don't remember a Jim, being in the band. I met Matt Crocco the guitarist and went to a lot of their practices and shows. They originally had a screamer on vocals who did YHTBEBYWBOA demos, and then Fernando, the second guitarist took over on vocals after the original guy left (he was great). Eric Dickson was the drummer, and the bass players name escapes me, maybe he replaced your buddy, Jim. I created a cd from the '88 demo tape which Dan Miller (Apolla Ra/Museum Of Fear)helped produce, It's still a great ep to listen to. It's locked up in storage until I move but I can burn one for you when I get it out if you want.

Schroeder, here I am with all the right name...(Just search in my own fanzine, back then I made a review of the YHTBEBYWBOA demo).
OK! The guy, I'm previously talking, is Jason Mantis (who did «Pounder» fanzine) he was the singer on the YHTBEBYWBOA demo.
That second demo had four tracks: "Presumed Death", "Time To Fight", "Awakened From Dead" and "Time To Fight". Prior to this they had another demo «Decaying Stench» . But it sound more as a poor rehearsal tape.
If my memories are intact I remembered loving this band alot. They had original songs with good riffs, heavy as fuck!

quote:
Eric Dickson was the drummer, and the bass players name escapes me.

His name was Kevin Massey, a good pal too!
Also, just notice that I still got Eric Dixon's adress in Balto. He was the main contact of the band.

Schroeder did you know that Outlaw Recordings just released a LP limited to 500 copies ed of Rancid Decay «Presumed Dead». info HERE
Have you heard it? I haven't had the chance to hear it. Anyway I won't be able since I don't have anymore turntable
Anyway, if you put your hand of this, For sure, I'm really interest to hear it

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...ą součre c'est Voļvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 10, 2005 14:54     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuckin A!!! Crocco told me about this when I got back in touch with him last year, I didn't knbow it got released yet. I just sent an email to get a copy.

I do have '88 demo on me , that I can burn a copy for you if you want it. Send me an email with your address if you're interested. I met Matt and Eric about a year before Jason left the band. Kevin was the guy with all the conection to other bands. He got to know the guys in Sacrifice real well, and Communicated with Voivod also, that's how the show at Channel One in Baltimore got set up, but then cancelled the day of the show because some fucker stole the PA equipment the night before the gig. Voivod showed up but couldn't play, so we hung out in the parking lot for a while with them until they desided to head out to the next city. We invited them back to Matt's parents house to play, but they had to get going.

Thanks Vac.

--------------------

yawn

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 11, 2005 13:29     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
...and Communicated with Voivod also, that's how the show at Channel One in Baltimore got set up, but then cancelled the day of the show because some fucker stole the PA equipment the night before the gig. Voivod showed up but couldn't play, so we hung out in the parking lot for a while with them until they desided to head out to the next city. We invited them back to Matt's parents house to play, but they had to get going.

DUDE, that is very fucking unfortunate

Thieving bastards

--------------------

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 11, 2005 13:32     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah a funny band name I just remembered is The Voidoids, haha....

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted January 12, 2005 01:03     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wasn't there a video once where Primus was playing under the name "Sausage"? That's one cool band name if you ask me

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Seeate
VoivodFan
Member # 480

posted January 12, 2005 02:01     Profile for Seeate   Email Seeate     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
Wasn't there a video once where Primus was playing under the name "Sausage"? That's one cool band name if you ask me

Yeh, Sausage was a Les Claypool side project from 1994 - no other Primus members in the band, but it sounded a lot like 'em

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 12, 2005 08:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seeate:
Yeh, Sausage was a Les Claypool side project from 1994 - no other Primus members in the band, but it sounded a lot like 'em

What DOESN'T sound like Primus when Les is playing and singing?

--------------------

yawn

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted January 17, 2005 14:15     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How about Gorilla Bisquits? Did I spel it right?
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 23, 2005 19:52     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not a band name i know...but
saw in a local paper, a woman called Mrs Bean, who has named her unfortunate daughter Coco.
thought i had a stupid name! Heheheheheh.
& apparantly there's a guy knocking about out there called Russell Sprout.
& also a Dwaine Pipe.

--------------------

String em up

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 24, 2005 11:01     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Not a band name i know...but
saw in a local paper, a woman called Mrs Bean, who has named her unfortunate daughter Coco.
thought i had a stupid name! Heheheheheh.

I dunno about Portugal, but here in Brasil "Coco" is kind of a dangerous name. Depending on the way you pronounce it, it can either mean coconut or... poo.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 24, 2005 12:07     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This morning I sat in for my boss at a meeting and one of the guys referred to was named: Dick Bash...teehee.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 24, 2005 12:30     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rugby players seem to be more hard done by than most - Neil Back and Austin Healey, anyone?
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted January 24, 2005 12:54     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Splodgenessabounds

Bathtub Shitter

Just two that make me smile...

--------------------

Hail Santa...

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted January 24, 2005 13:02     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sla˙tanic:
I dunno about Portugal, but here in Brasil "Coco" is kind of a dangerous name. Depending on the way you pronounce it, it can either mean coconut or... poo.

LOL great name, yes Slay it means the same!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted January 26, 2005 11:21     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bucket full of teeth
Arsechapel

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 03, 2005 12:41     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looking through the Supernal catalog, the best one i see in there has to be Goatvomit666

--------------------

String em up

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 09, 2005 09:00     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe, there is a band actually named:

Duran Duran Duran (CLICKY)

And there's also a Led Zep tribute band named Fred Zeppelin. Don't know why, I think it's funny!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 09, 2005 11:23     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not one called Brian Maiden too is there??
Or even Ted Zeppelin.

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted February 16, 2005 12:10     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not a band name, but looking at the map last night, there is a Ha-Ha Road in south London. Learn something new every day, eh.

--------------------

String em up

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 17, 2005 09:27     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Not a band name, but looking at the map last night, there is a Ha-Ha Road in south London. Learn something new every day, eh.

Where I come from, there is a Baie des Ha! Ha! (the Ha Ha's Bay); haha refers to a dead-end, btw, hence the Ha-Ha Road (is it a dead-end?). A haha is also a small hole to look into.

A part of my master thesis in french literature was about the word "haha" and it's many meanings, because one of the characters in the book I was studying said that all the time.

Does this makes sense?

Hoodlum
VoivodFan
Member # 514

posted February 17, 2005 19:36     Profile for Hoodlum   Email Hoodlum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not sure if this is a funny band name. But what the FUCK does it mean!?!?!?

PARACOCCIDIOIDOMICOSISPROCTITISSARCOMUCOSIS

They're from Mexico.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 18, 2005 08:28     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
May I ad that one of my favorite funny band names is Argor? (But you have to be from Québec to understand it... as well as the song titles.)
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 05, 2005 14:15     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not a band name, but ....

sleepy Austrian village

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 16, 2005 12:57     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHAHAHA just saw a Nightwish dvd ... the editor's name is Max Wanko

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan