my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » THE DOWNSIDE TO THE SITE GAINING POPULARITY (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: THE DOWNSIDE TO THE SITE GAINING POPULARITY
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 19, 2003 06:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This has been one of my favorite sites and the best forum since Warcorpse created it a year ago, and it has been great to see it gain popularity and have new names and opinions come here; however, it seems the downside to becoming popular is that it also brings people that are not here for the original reason the site was created in the first place.

I haven't posted much lately because the new "topics" are of no interest to me at a forum such as this. I am not here to argue over politics, racism,war, religion, or other similar topics, and while I respect everyones opinion on touchy subjects such as these these aren't the topics that made this forum a cool plce to come to.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, and maybe everyone enjoys bashing each other, and fighting with each other over topics that no one will EVER see eye to eye on when they're on opposite sides, but I 'll just keep my eyes on the topics that relate to this site and brought me here in the first place...the music, and the fun related stuff.

My 2 cents, for what it's worth.
I'M DONE

|  IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted April 19, 2003 07:19       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i totally agree,this site should be about Voivod and Voivod related music only.Talking politics is a waste of time and clutters up an otherwise good site with trash.
IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 19, 2003 08:37     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent post schroeder, I agree with you 100%. There are forums out there for arguing about war, racism, etc. I prefer to discuss music.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 19, 2003 11:57     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, apparently there's not much anyone can do about it. Every thread (even an Arch Enemy one!) will turn into bashing, these guys only goal is trolling. Some choose not to participate, others choose to make fun of them, everyone's allowed to their own opinion, nobody is 100% right.

Good part is, eventually, the trolls will get tired of not having success over here and will go somewhere else. "All we need is just a little patience", eh?

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 19, 2003 15:09     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great post Schroeder, and very true.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 19, 2003 15:40     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Schroeder I've been thinking about this too. On the one hand there's always the option of 'closing the door' and making this a place for members only. That might seem elitist but since when is life ever fair? And there are other Voivod forums for those who aren't invited. Something to ponder, anyway...
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 19, 2003 15:46     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:
Then don't answer.

What's your problem?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 19, 2003 15:58     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So who's up for a poll? Members only site? yes or no....
Das Reich
VoivodFan
Member # 286

posted April 19, 2003 16:48     Profile for Das Reich   Email Das Reich     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shift happens
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 19, 2003 16:50     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool, finally catching up with everyone else too, i was bitching this same thing, during the 'War Is Coming' thread, All i wanted to do man was celebrate the new release. Good post schroeder.. Nia your idea is cool to, i proposed a 30 something question test before, so only true fans my enter there is always another option also. I say warcorpse should just start deleting the racial threads atleast ? mabye post a warning that it is not allowed too ? (i know the warning to prozak was) most people who listen to VoiVod that are the true fans, are not biased, (only sometimes if biased aginst first) and thats whats goin down round here lately.

Show your appreciation and support to VoiVod by posting on all the sites !

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 19, 2003 16:53     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't start there.
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 19, 2003 16:59     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
I didn't start there.

Yes onesixtwo you were late to the party

vodka
VoivodFan
Member # 249

posted April 19, 2003 18:03     Profile for vodka   Email vodka     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Das Reich:
Shift happens

Yes it does, interesting what you say,...

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 19, 2003 19:25     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
I say warcorpse should just start deleting the racial threads atleast ? mabye post a warning that it is not allowed too ?

There is no reason whatsoever to delete these threads.

They are significant in many ways, mostly because the spread of
hatred and intolerance (and trolling) should be challenged & abated
whenever they present themselves.

It is perfectly understandable to decide not to participate in the discussions,
but some of us feel the need to stand up to these people.
If they get themselves banned, fine - game over.

Warcorpse decided to close one of the threads and to me,
this is the most effective compromise.
They end up fading away down the topic list, yet still remain
as a reference point for those who wish to read them.

If you don't want to see it, don't click it.

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted April 19, 2003 19:28     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aren't General Forums usually used for GENERAL chatting/talking/discussion?
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 19, 2003 19:41     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SoCxNe0rC:
Aren't General Forums usually used for GENERAL chatting/talking/discussion?

Half that shit is not chatting or talking, its all about making statements ! bullshit uninteresting ones too. I hear you Tang' i have avoided them as much as i could. On another hand, someone i am trying to get to like VoiVod's music, is my girlfriend, who i just started dating, well Warcorpse, i can tell you what (jUSA) means, and so can my new girl, because she happens to be jewish (hooknose) to some of you. its bullshit "because the board represents the community" 'to new users'posters'. Can you believe a gentile dating a infidel.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 19, 2003 20:03     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A few of you may be wondering.
(what the hell is up Hatross's ass lately)

Well for the sake of making a statement. i can say.
(the Rock that busted me in the head) was in that War is Coming crap. And actually i was nearly stoned to death by a ton of cool people. Give me a bad wrap cause i live here in america.

NOW LETS TALK ABOUT THE MUSIC !

I will have a conipsion fit if someone starts a new thread about the NEW cd. But mabye ill have to wait another 10yrs for everybody to start liking it ?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 19, 2003 20:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW, I start a new topic, go to work and 12 hours later I come back to see I'm not the only one who was thinking the same thing...NICE TO KNOW.

I'm not sure what the right solution is to this, on one hand censoring posts would be ironic since that's the reason we all left the "other" site, although not for the same kind of censoring. Maybe a rule about NOT posting HATE topics would be good, and if so they would be deleted ASAP before it gets out of hand again. I don't need to remind most of you about the White Supremist BULSHIT that that plagued the Voivod forums, and ruined the site for weeks with stupid closed mind crap...that's the sort of thing I dispise seeing here.

We have had a lot of new people come along recently who contribute good opininions and are totally into Voivod (living evil, for one) and the other cool shit that most of the main members enjoy discussing, and it great when we get those kinds of people that find us and enjoy what this forum is about.

So in conclusion...I don't know if there is a simple way to fix this, maybe it'll just go away and the assholes that try to fuck up this forum will realize thay are dealing with steadfast minds that want NOTHING that they are attempting to dish out.

thanks all

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted January 11, 2005 17:14     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"THE DOWNSIDE TO THE SITE GAINING POPULARITY "

Warcorpse is still boring.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 11, 2005 17:54     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Occasionally the sparring in Techno manips is entertaining. I like politics and debate so I'm for keeping it up. It will also be necessary so when Lync wakes up to realize he's been wrong all these years(what is that 16? )he'll have a place to come and ask for forgiveness. Don't worry Lync, I've already forgiven you.
Are you talking about Gorf Schroed? I've kind of gotten used to him over the years. Actually we should thank him for keeping us straight and on the forward thinking line. Without his brilliant insight...where would we be? A bad place, man...a very bad place.
Funny you mention the Slayer dvd Slay. I loved the music on that but shit....what a bunch of dimwits. Aside from Lombardo...they've gotten pretty boring. Those dialouge bits in the Slayer Speaks section were pretty obnoxious and just dumb IMO.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted January 11, 2005 19:02     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, well its not easy being a legend.

You've a reputation to uphold and all...

Oh, the sacrfice.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted January 11, 2005 19:12     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
It will also be necessary so when Lync wakes up to realize he's been wrong all these years(what is that 16? )he'll have a place to come and ask for forgiveness. Don't worry Lync, I've already forgiven you.

I'm thinking of a phrase, Mez, it rhymes with "Snow Muck Tour Elf, Rich".

Yours,

Lyncathorpyzhgwkfghz

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 11, 2005 19:26     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
....this thread was begun in April of 2003! Have you seen any improvement, schroeder? I have an inkling the answer may be no.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted January 11, 2005 19:35     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I used to think talking politics was necessary, but since the left lost in the
2004 elections, I'm content to ignore the
subject.

After all, the whole point was to raise
awareness to get people to vote.

Let's face it, the arena of politics has been
shocking the last 4 years to say the least,
if not less.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 11, 2005 19:51     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
....this thread was begun in April of 2003! Have you seen any improvement, schroeder? I have an inkling the answer may be no.

I started this thread way back when the asshole Nazi Fuckhead was polluting our forum, and after a while it went away like most deaseases once they realize they aren't really infecting anyone, and the site was back to it's usually greatness, and fun, and everyone pretty much knew each other and joked around, even a lot of the newbies were a welcome to the forum, and added a lot to it.... however, GORF comes back as the strain of desease that has been attempting to spread his plaque of ridiculas comments, slander, and just idiotic comments all over the forum. There's a large core of people hear that make this forum what it is, and that's why we come here.

I don't understand why people hang out at a place where they know everyone hates them, and they just contribute nothing worthwile... Certain people must enjoy not being liked... I just don't get it.

Get A Life

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan