my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » inti... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: inti...
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted January 31, 2003 11:46     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Read on... Away DOES talk something... COOL...
http://basementbar.com/DefaultN1.asp

|  IP: Logged
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted January 31, 2003 11:49     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SHIT, I forgot to tell you that you have to go to the interview section, up-right in the page...
Cockroach
VoivodFan
Member # 115

posted January 31, 2003 11:53     Profile for Cockroach   Email Cockroach     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"...original vocalist Blackie is back in the fold"

LOL

Cockroach
VoivodFan
Member # 115

posted January 31, 2003 12:01     Profile for Cockroach   Email Cockroach     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jasonic says:"We know that we will go for at least two full albums"

Halleluja!!!

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted January 31, 2003 12:04     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
" Now not only has ex-Metallica/ ex-Flotsam And Jetsam bassist Jason Newsted joined their ranks, but original vocalist Blackie is back in the fold..." Too funny.
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted January 31, 2003 12:19     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"...to understand the wholeness of it"

i am SO excited !!!

Cockroach
VoivodFan
Member # 115

posted January 31, 2003 12:24     Profile for Cockroach   Email Cockroach     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't mind they won't play songs from Negatron, didn't like that album, but Phobos-songs were great, they would be cool with Snake on vocals...
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted January 31, 2003 12:42     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Megathanks Gerfat

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted January 31, 2003 12:56     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Jasonic: In the contract that we have right now, it's for two albums..."
We have to understand that VOIVOD contracted Jason?!?!?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 31, 2003 13:12     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Jasonic: I was a fan of Voivod, so if they could get Blackie back it would've been better but it's never going to be that way. I think I can bring that big ugly bass distortion that everybody loves from Voivod."

Them sure are mighty big words, friend! But they're the right ones!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 31, 2003 13:20     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very cool. And good to hear from Away. Not a bad website either.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 31, 2003 14:40     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jasonic: "When we started getting together I wanted to make sure there was no chance of him coming back. I was a fan of Voivod, so if they could get Blackie back it would've been better but it's never going to be that way."

Hey, what's the symbol for 'laughing my ass off sarcastically'? What a load of horse doody.

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted January 31, 2003 14:49     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We play weird music and will always be underground - Away

Amen!

No songs off Negatron or Phobos on tour, everything else will be cool though.

New video in a couple weeks, sounds like it should be good.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted January 31, 2003 15:35     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
My ultimate thing is to make a movie of the album with the Industrial Light and Magic. They're make a sixty minute film of the music. It would cost about a quarter of a million. It's something that we can do, it's not impossible.

Eh?

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted February 01, 2003 12:32     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Exactly my thought... a quarter million? WTF?
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 01, 2003 12:43     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
Jasonic: "When we started getting together I wanted to make sure there was no chance of him coming back. I was a fan of Voivod, so if they could get Blackie back it would've been better but it's never going to be that way."

Hey, what's the symbol for 'laughing my ass off sarcastically'? What a load of horse doody.

This explains Voivod's shying away from the one-off reunion show w/Blacky... Obviously the guys were afraid of scaring Newsted off.

Thanks for the link Gerfat! Interesting interview!

The Devil's Advocate
VoivodFan
Member # 92

posted February 04, 2003 07:37     Profile for The Devil's Advocate   Email The Devil's Advocate     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, yeah... maybe it has been all said before but I was away from the game for some time... I've read this itw and a few words are definitely calling for comments...

"The way he sings his vocals on top of Piggy's chords is really original. You can't duplicate that. The Voivod fans are going to be happy."
that's what made Voivod so unique... snakes's vocal delivery is sometimes really weird and like *out of rhythm*

"Blackie is a big part of that too. When we started getting together I wanted to make sure there was no chance of him coming back"
I'm feeling very pissed at that. at least, I now know why the reunion show didn't happen last year and why it never will...
maybe Jasonic told'em something like *if you do that reunion show, I won't help you out and I won't bring in the shitload of SSS needed*
..now, if only Blacky could've brought millions on the table, it might have been easier huh?

"it's never going to be that way."
I'm feeling extremely pissed at that sentence... and I do mean it.

"I think I can bring that big ugly bass distortion that everybody loves from Voivod."
a tad pretentious but Jason's the man to fill in big shoes... Cliff, Blacky...

"I've archived all my drawings and I want to release a book."
I've heard that one so many times over the last 10 years...
please release the fukkin book!!!

"In the contract that we have right now"
has Voivod hired Jasonic or the other way around?

"It's two albums then we negotiate every one after that."
hey, he said 2 albums!!!
and why not take advantage of Jason's heavy economical input to re-acquire the rights for AR and TOL???

"I'm not worried about going into debt. Metallica does good enough"
lol! I'm not worried about Jason's bank account either.

"I have to make sure they're okay."
so there, Voivod have been adopted or what?
I'm quite sure he bought them som new clothes... like black Tees and all... Away had a great collection of Tees, will he still be able to wear them???

"I have a lot of songs to learn"
you must learn how to play them all Jasonic... go rehearse...
...there is no time to waste!

"There is one period we won't touch and that's Negatron and Phobos."
I'm feeling extremely pissed at that as well, songs like Insect, Nanoman, Planet Hell, Rise or Forlorn were always great live... shit!

"this is the only heavy metal album recorded from any member of Metallica ever."
man, before you joined they released like 3 of the best and most admired metal albums of all times... this is a bit exaggerated.

just my 2ç anyway.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 04, 2003 08:05     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Blackie is a big part of that too. When we started getting together I wanted to make sure there was no chance of him coming back"

I see that as being RESPECTFULL of whatever decision Blacky and the band were gonna make.
As in...Jason was in limbo (sorta) and didnt want to stand in the way if Blacky came back.

Jason is a pretty cool guy.
I wish that some of you would just give him a chance instead or reading negativity INTO everything he says.

Jason has no ill feelings whatsoever toward Blacky.
Besides folks, isnt it true (or not) that Blacky has no interest in a Voivod Reunion/Album/World Tour?
I dont know. Only Blacky himself knows.
But whatever the case may be...i respect his decisions.

Now...if Jason can "Adopt" his favorite Band and help them out with his clout in the Music biz...whats so wrong with that?

Would you rather that Jason abandon the whole thing and Voivod break up permanently?
That is exactly what was happening till Jason convinced them to "Carry on."

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 04, 2003 08:40     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:

I see that as being RESPECTFULL of whatever decision Blacky and the band were gonna make.
As in...Jason was in limbo (sorta) and didnt want to stand in the way if Blacky came back.

Jason is a pretty cool guy.
I wish that some of you would just give him a chance instead or reading negativity INTO everything he says.

Jason has no ill feelings whatsoever toward Blacky.
Besides folks, isnt it true (or not) that Blacky has no interest in a Voivod Reunion/Album/World Tour?
I dont know. Only Blacky himself knows.
But whatever the case may be...i respect his decisions.

Now...if Jason can "Adopt" his favorite Band and help them out with his clout in the Music biz...whats so wrong with that?

Would you rather that Jason abandon the whole thing and Voivod break up permanently?

Couldn't say it better (as always), so I second every word of this post!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 04, 2003 11:58     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Warcorpse...

Drummers are pretty picky (usually) about theyre Snare sound.
I know i am.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 04, 2003 12:26     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

After hearing the promo, in a word, yes. Sometimes it's time to throw in the towel. Sorry to be negative but that's my opinion.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 04, 2003 12:46     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! Noitall.

Thats not being negative. You just dont like the new stuff (yet) and thats ok.
I will be interrested to hear what you think of the 10 remaining songs, after March 4.

Personally, i like anything Piggy does in
spite of who else is in the Band or what
direction they go in.
There is just something about his sound
that has me addicted. hehehe.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 05, 2003 06:47     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
There is just something about his sound
that has me addicted. hehehe.

Add me to the "Piggyfans Anonymous" list, too. On second thought, leave me out. I don't want to be cured!

I've been humming to Angel Rat a LOT lately. The funny thing is, I haven't listened to it since like last November. Must be the addiction...I hope "Voivod" will have at least one track as trippy as Freedoom. After all, they said that they're "continuing from where they left off with Snake", so there's a slight possibility for that.

Hey Noitall, are you really that disappointed? I sure am waiting to hear your comments on the whole album after you're listened to it a few times, as well as Warcorpse's. The age-old "spikes vs. pirate shirts" argument is about to rise again!

Thanks a lot Gerfat for posting that interview!

The Truth
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 191

posted February 05, 2003 13:43     Profile for The Truth   Email The Truth     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:

After hearing the promo, in a word, yes. Sometimes it's time to throw in the towel. Sorry to be negative but that's my opinion.

I think someone is a little peeved.
Do you REALLY think the songs would have been different with Blacky back in the band?
He wrote tiny parts of a few songs back then, Piggy told him what to play for everything else.

!!!Snap back to reality!!!

Blacky left with equipment and money that wasn't his. It eventually led Voivod on a slow & long journey through hell.
Does he really think they would be over that and accept him as a brother again?
He NEVER even said sorry.
Does he think he was owed this gear and $$$?
I bet you he has the George Costanza(Seinfeld) syndrome. "If you believe it; it's true."

It may sound like I'm pissed off myself, well YES!!!
I was there when all the crap happened. And trust me, you don't want to live that.

BTW stop taking everything Jason says, and putting a negative spin on it. Your worst than CNN!
Jason seems to be in this for real, and not just so Blacky can come back and cash in on it.

!!!VOIVOD LIVES!!!

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted February 05, 2003 15:02     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mr.truth,

we all have skulls and bones in our closets, let's not look back in anger and let us all spin out of the "wheel of anguish".

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan