my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » inti... (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: inti...
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 05, 2003 15:11     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that was just flat-out rude.
 |  IP: Logged
St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted February 05, 2003 15:18     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah... Big time.
St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted February 05, 2003 15:25     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by St. Michael:
yeah... Big time.

Well.... Fuck that, Bring BLACKY back.

Nuff said brother.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 05, 2003 15:26     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well thanks for your comments Truth, but I never said that I wanted to see Blacky back in Voivod. I know some people would like that, but jesus, I'd be the last person who'd want to see him in a full-time band again. (Pure selfishness on my part, sorry.)

The idea that Blacky saddled the band with a 'slow & long journey through hell' is bullshit. I have to admit I'm really curious to know who you are since you seem to have taken some other people's lives so personally. C'mon, it's Blacky's past and the rest of the band's past and aren't they the ones who should care about who took what, was owed what, who was apologized to, etc. ? I checked the church registry and I didn't see the rest of the band listed as saints. Joke.

As for my comments regarding what Jason has said publically, it's a free world and I, as well as anyone else, can voice an opinion here. And frankly, imho, some of the things he has said are just silly.

The Truth
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 191

posted February 05, 2003 16:03     Profile for The Truth   Email The Truth     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who I am.
I won't tell you exactly.
But i will say that i was very close to the band back in the day.
All of you take Blacky's word as the only truth.
I think if you knew the other side of the story you could then post your unbiased opinion.

This site should be www.blackyfan.com

You all talk like Blacky was god sent or something. His sound was created by Piggy. No one else!

And about being rude... the truth hurts, get used to it.

!!!VOIVOD LIVES!!!

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted February 05, 2003 16:06     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
come on wimpy who the fuck are you?
that's good idea...blackyfan.com, LOL

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted February 05, 2003 16:13     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is getting good!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 05, 2003 16:14     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You're telling me.

Holy mother of god, I'm really hoping The Truth is Kiisti (since you're clearly an anglo Truth and that's narrowing the field significantly), then we could really talk some honest to god truth here. Lol!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 05, 2003 16:16     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's right, you tell him Blacky!
I am saying this as a HUGE Jason Newsted fan... and I can see the similarities between the two people's situation. Some people might accuse Jason of the same things... leaving your band to pursue other interests, leaving with money that 'wasn't his', equipment and a recording studio bought with that money, a 'sound' created by what James and Lars wanted him to play... and it's no more true, in my opinion, than what you have said.
I am more than happy for Jason to be a part of Voivod, and am really looking forward to the new album with him playing and producing for the forseeable future. It's just another chapter in the Voivod story, just as the albums up until AR are the 'Original Voivod Years'. Why shouldn't we respect and look up to the man who was such a key part of the original Voivod sound? (I hope I don't sound like I'm sucking up too much here... )
My bet is it's the guy who stood in on Bass for The Outer Limits...
Any other bets?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 05, 2003 16:18     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Who I am.
I won't tell you exactly.
But i will say that i was very close to the band back in the day.

Whatever.

quote:
All of you take Blacky's word as the only truth.
I think if you knew the other side of the story you could then post your unbiased opinion.

What word? I for one never seen Blacky say any bullshit whatsoever on these pages. DId you? 'Course not, cuz they're aint none! Besides, no one really needs to know what went on between the bandmembers some 12 years ago. It's their business.

quote:
This site should be www.blackyfan.com

You all talk like Blacky was god sent or something.

Quite simply because he made himself available to us, the fans. Is that a crime? What's stopping Snake or any of those guy to do the same?

quote:
His sound was created by Piggy. No one else!

Sure. He even said so himself. Piggy taught him how to play, too. We all know that.

quote:
And about being rude... the truth hurts, get used to it.

You dont get it, do you? No one cares. I think i speak for a great portion of the people here when i say all we care about is the music, and that's it. All that soap opera bullshit is exactly that, bullshit! you want rude, I'll give you rude: Fuck You.

quote:
!!!VOIVOD LIVES!!!

You're right about that, though. It does.

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted February 05, 2003 16:19     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All I can say is that I miss the sound of the bass while Blacky was IN... Something I didn't heard in the promo... I don't think I worship Blacky here, I'm just an old-school lover... that's all...
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted February 05, 2003 18:49     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I laughed so hard when Jason said '' I think I can bring that big ugly bass distortion that everybody loves from Voivod. ''

Good one Newsted ! rofl

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted February 05, 2003 19:10     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:

come on wimpy who the fuck are you? that's a good idea...blackyfan.com, LOL

Bon ... le v'la qui sort de sa taniere . T'as eu ton cheque de BS , tu t'es fait repluguer le net ?

'' Quand tu craches en l'air , ca te retombes dessus '' Ca ce disait tu ce dicton là à Honqiere ?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 05, 2003 19:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, let's change the name of the site to Blackyfan.com! I have no problem with that.

Damn, it took Terry Brown a long time to find us.

St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted February 05, 2003 19:56     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've gotta better idea...
Lets call it "VOIVOD.COM"!
I myself don't see a better website on the net that truly represents all aspects of the band past and present than this one.

Adolf
VoivodFan
Member # 170

posted February 09, 2003 05:30     Profile for Adolf   Email Adolf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is one period we won't touch and that's Negatron and Phobos

This really sucks. Phobos is a classic. On the other hand, I'm not sure how well those extra heavy songs would work with Snake. I'd miss Eric's vocals on them probably.

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted February 09, 2003 06:02     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the voice of this forum is strong enough to get Voivod to play songs off Phobos if that's what people want to see. I know I'd like to see it. (Mercury, Tower, Phobos, Forlorn...)

I think the history of Voivod is very interesting. But so is what's happening with them today. Let's focus on the Voivod of 2003. We've had 5 years since Phobos to drag out this other shit.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan