my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Hockey Season! (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Author Topic: Hockey Season!
Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted October 29, 2002 05:12     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really dont get cricket? Three days of play, different scores, people giving up half way (declaring?) and the whole thing ends up a draw? Some maniac throwing a mini cannon ball at you, even bouncing it off the ground first to make the flight even more evil and all you got is a plank to defend yourself????

Hmmmmmmmmmm, where can I sign up?

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 29, 2002 05:48     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Layla's Dad:
[QB]Dick LeBeau has guaranteed a Bengals
win against Kula's beloved Houston
Texans this Sunday. Stay tuned...
-----------------------------

The Texans are going to destroy the 'Bangles'. Dick LePeux is having delusions of grandeur!
I'm not a Houston Texans fan, I just know fiction from reality
BTW that Michael Vick dude is something else! He is the passing game AND the running game (Warrick Dunn couldn't fight himself out of a wet paper bag)

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 29, 2002 22:49     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
Or does that really mean an actual pocket book? Did he have to pay money for doing that? Do NHL players have to pay actual money for leveling sb?[/QB]

Yes, they pay dearly for Brutal Hockey Maneuvers like what Matt Johnson did to Beukeboom. I watched it happen live on TV, and it was FIERCE.
He skated up behind him and just buried his fist into the back of 'Boom's head/ neck. The silly thing was, Johnson, a complete Badass who is 6'5" 235 Lbs., really did not need to resort to a sucker punch.
But I hate the Rangers/ love the Kings, and enjoyed this attack, as soon as I knew the guy wasn't dead or paralyzed.
Johnson payed out in the neghborhood of
$20,000 which is a BIG chunk to a young NHLer.

And hey NFL-geeks... start your own damn thread!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 29, 2002 22:58     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, and here is my favorite up-to-the minute hockey scoreboard, no pop-ups, no bullshit:
http://www.canoe.ca/SlamScoreboard/nhl-frameset.html

Where I just now read of yet another Kings AND another Flyers victory.

OUCH! Jason Allison out after a knee-to-knee
collision! NOT GOOD!

And how about the Minnesota Wild!?
One of the best teams in the game (so far) in just their third year. wow.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 30, 2002 07:10     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
$20,000? That's nice! I think that kind of a sanctioning system would be good here too! That'd probably prevent many intentionally caused injuries from happening. Like last spring, when one bloke got so angry about a goal that he pushed the scorer against the goal frame, breaking his jaw from several places. The forward, a 20-year-old promising scorer (playing in my fave team HPK Hameenlinna) missed the Hockey World Championships for 20-year-olds and SM-Liiga Playoffs because of that injury. The attacker didn't have to pay a cent, but at least he had to stay off the rink for the next eight games. I bet he'd thought twice if there had been a substantial fine awaiting...

By the way, that scoreboard link is very useful, I like to read match recaps and accurate stats! They give some general insight on what's happening in each team currently. Thanks!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 30, 2002 07:29     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, I just checked some of the season's stats and...Super Mario has 5+15=20points in nine games!
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted October 31, 2002 00:18     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:

And how about the Minnesota Wild!?
One of the best teams in the game (so far) in just their third year. wow.

----------------------------
Yea, we have the farm team down here, the Houston Aeros. They lead the AHL in points right now, I think they're 8-0-0. No one gives a shit about hockey down here, but they did win a cup two years ago (the defunct IHL).

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan