my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Hockey Season! (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: Hockey Season!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 18, 2002 11:03     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Behold, mere mortals:

Now THIS is the real deal!!! The two-time world champion!!!

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 18, 2002 11:08     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HEY!!! There is a soccer thread just down the way, buddy.
That is the most obnoxious thing I have ever had to look at. YUUUGGGH

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 18, 2002 12:54     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tangento...

That Hockey Fights Site is GREAT!
I've been there all morning, hahaha!

Did you check out the Boston Bruins vs NY Ranger FANS? Its funny!! I love it!

There is also a Name i see very often in that list...Ty Domi of Toronto.
He is one mean dude!
Watch that Domi vs Fan clip!
Its great!

Thanks for the Link!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 18, 2002 12:59     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:

My teams, uhhh... 'strip' is a lot nicer. Look at the design of the club badge. Stunning.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 18, 2002 13:04     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW! She is HOT!

"Heeere little Soccer-Girl!..."

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 18, 2002 15:51     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
h!
Nice work. Very nice, infact.

Hey Kula, Tie Domi is a mutant fiend.
It's weird, because he has backed down from lesser opponents.
He looks like the missing fucking link. Should be in horror films.

The 'Lanche hand the Kings their first loss, but we have their number, and we will be calling it on December 29th.

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted October 18, 2002 18:55     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kings lost huh? Stars lost too.

DEVILS STILL RULE!!

I like Ty Domi.
He's EVIL and yes, he is one of my Mutants! LOL!

Check out this Link: http://enforcers.zeroreality.com/

Excellent stuff!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 18, 2002 21:48     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very cool, oh horn-ed one.

And look! they sell a video about soccer's ONLY worthwhile trait...
BRUTAL RIOTS!!

OK, so the first one is not technically a riot, but LOOK!
IT LOOKS LIKE HE'S KICKING THE GUY!!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 21, 2002 10:41     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

The one being kicked is France's goal keeper, Barthez, which happens to be Rob Halford's twin, separated on birth.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted October 21, 2002 10:44     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

Sometimes the truth hurts...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 21, 2002 11:25     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Look out hockey fans... this is what can happen in real sports. Check out the guys leg at the bottom. And his name is David Busst (I kid you not).

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 22, 2002 06:36     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How the hell did that happen? Is there sth wrong with that gentleman's training? His legs seem all wobbly...

Let's see if I can find pictures of the worst hockey injuries...one bloke got his throat slit open by a skate blade a few years ago in the Finnish 2nd Division, killing him in a matter of seconds

Another player got a blade in his face, almost cutting off his cheek.

Eric Lindros (an NHL player btw) got a stick through his lung a couple of years ago, which probably hurt a bit

Sports are good for one's health!!

BTW King Kula, I noticed Niko Kapanen notched one point in Sunday's game. It's good to see him get some ice time, because he comes from my old home town of 50.000 people in southern Finland. He's a real good player with fast skating ability and good eye for passing and scoring opportunities. I hope he gets accustomed to the more straightforward NHL style quickly. He was one of the top passers/scorers while he played in my hometown's team HPK in the Finnish SM-Liiga (=the premium league, not related to sadomasochism despite the name, at least not at all times )

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 22, 2002 07:10     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:

Another player got a blade in his face, almost cutting off his cheek.

I noticed Niko Kapanen notched one point in Sunday's game.

Yes, the nearly-cheekless player was Michael Renberg, during the final glory days of the Legion of Doom
(Lindros, Leclair, and Renberg)
He hasn't been the same since, and he was recently sliced badly by a boat propellor. And such a nice guy.

Also: Is this Kapanen related to Sami?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 22, 2002 08:56     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Renberg got another bad injury? From a propellor? Shit, I didn't know that. Shame about that, he's one of the all-time greatest Swedish players IMO. BTW I was referring to a certain Russian player who played in Finland, funny (?) thing that he got exactly the same kind of injury.

Niko Kapanen is not in any way related to Sami. At one point he was coached by Sami's father, Hannu, when he was the main coach for HPK though. Go Kapanen!!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 25, 2002 01:36     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Do the crime, pay the fine:
Kings enforcer Matt Johnson was hit hard in the
pocket book for leveling the Rangers' Jeff Beukeboom (above)

This was a few years back, but ahhhh the memories...

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 25, 2002 09:23     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The expression on Jeff's face...ouch!!
It seems my vocabulary of English needs updating...what part of the body exactly is the "pocket book"?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 27, 2002 07:43     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh...
Excuse me, but wasn't there a RANGER fan lurking around here recently?

The Kings of L.A. have mercilessly dispatched the NYR, leaving them in a cloud of uncertainty, and to wonder about their immediate future.
Pavel Bure held to one measley point, while Adam Deadmarsh buries a Hat Trick's worth of goals.
Here is what kills me:
Former Flyer-turned Ranger/Traitor Eric Lindros comes in a close second to Deadmarsh for player of the game, on the NHL.com poll.
He was held to ONE shot, NO points, and NOT-A-ONE penalty minute.
What idiot votes for THAT?

Likwise, the Flyers have just last night Pounded The NY Isles in similar fashion,
by the same score, 6-2.
A "Waxing".
And I Quote:
"Less than one minute into the game, the New York Islanders knew it wasn't going to be their night..."

The Bon Jersey Devils seem to be coming around, though...

WHERE THE HELL ARE ALL MY HOCKEY PEOPLE?!

silence...

..............a lone cricket lazily chirps...

<---Looks around...

Uhhh... VOIVOD RULES!!!

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted October 27, 2002 23:16     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(Running for cover) GO THRASHERS !!
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 28, 2002 03:26     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
It seems my vocabulary of English needs updating...what part of the body exactly is the "pocket book"?

Or does that really mean an actual pocket book? Did he have to pay money for doing that? Do NHL players have to pay actual money for leveling sb?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 28, 2002 05:12     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's talk about something really important here. Like the Cowboys losing yesterday....but I also heard ol'Emmett beat Payton's record. Is this true?
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 28, 2002 08:17     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Layla's Dad:
(Running for cover) GO THRASHERS !!

WHATT???

<Kula throws water baloons at LD>

Everyone knows (or should know) that NEW JERSEY DEVILS are gonna get that Cup this year!

Mezcalhead...Texas Stadium was Sold-Out.
Not to see the Cowboys loose again, but to see Emmitt Smith become the NFL All-Time Rushing Leader.
He did in beautifull fashion.
Brought a tear to my eye.
What a classy guy he is.

CHEERS FOR EMMITT!

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted October 28, 2002 18:30     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea, you can't help but feel good about
Emmit Smith. He's the classiest Cowboy
I can ever remember (not to mention ex-
Florida Gator).....and Kula, for your lack
of sympathy for the Thrashers fan on the
board, may you have ten long years of
Atlanta's own......Quincy Carter (hoooray).

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted October 28, 2002 19:23     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL!
Actually, Thrashers have the best looking Logo & Website.
Must have been tough sitting through last years Season, being far below dead last in the NHL.
I was cheering for you guys to win!

I'm a Cincinnati Bengals Fan...have been since 1982. I know about the suffering of under-dogs.
I hope the Bengals go winless this year.
1 or 2 wins is just pointless.
Going 0-16...THAT is an acomplishment!
GO BENGALS! LOOSE ANOTHER ONE!

Quincy Carter was benched Sunday.
The Rookie guy starting his first NFL game was in & did pretty good! I cant remember his name right now...Hutchinson maybe?
He is an ex Baseball player.
He helped E. Smith get that record by being accurate on all those Hand-off's!
Quincy...would have gotten scared & dropped them.
I say we send Quincy back to Georgia & Mezcalhead's house!

Isnt this a HOCKEY Thread?
GO DEVILS! GO STARS! GO CALGARY FLAMES!

BOOOO PFLYERS!!

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted October 28, 2002 21:06     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dick LeBeau has guaranteed a Bengals
win against Kula's beloved Houston
Texans this Sunday. Stay tuned....
Quincy Carter to Mezcalhead's house
(that's hysterical), we can't do that to a
buddy. He's too good a guy. I remember
watching Quincy in the Georgia State
High School Playoffs when he QB d
Southwest Dekalb to a state title (they
show the Georgia playoffs on the educa-
tional channel PBS here). I can't believe
his name is on the Voivod site. I claim
full responsibility. It won't happen again.
Now, back to hockey.
I like the Devils a lot too. I just can't believe
Lamorello dismantled the team after a
not-so-pleasant start last season. Maybe
not dismantle, but trading Arnott was not
my favorite move. Now I think Holik is gone
(i've got to curl up with my Hockey News
yearbook now that the World Series is done)
and I was a big fan of those Devils of a
couple years ago & I hated the fact that
Borque got a ring at their expense. It's not
that I hated Borque getting a ring, I just
liked those Devils a lot. Langenbrunner is
a gutsy guy though & he fits in well.
I like the Leafs a lot too. I really wish they
could make it to the next level. Out West,
the Sharks are my favorite & the Canucks.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 29, 2002 05:03     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone for Cricket?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan