my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Technocratic Manipulators   » Benazir Bhutto Dead - What Now For Pakistan?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Benazir Bhutto Dead - What Now For Pakistan?
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted December 27, 2007 10:38     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
To be honest I'm amazed I waited this long for this news:

ttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7161590.stm

The very first question that enters my head is simply this: What the hell is wrong with these people????

The second question is: Was Musharraf behind this killing in any way?

The third question, and possibly the most awkward is: Where now for Pakistan's supposed road to democratic rule?

For the life of me I have never, ever understood the motive of any person carrying out a suicide attack. It is a very powerful statement yes, but the so-called martyrs that commit them must be totally disconnected from their own consciousness, or so totally brainwashed that they actually believe it grants them an afterlife of paradise.

But now Benazir Bhutto is dead what future lies in store for Pakistan? Can the elections now go ahead as planned, with the single biggest player now taken out in what can only be seen as a deliberate move to stop the process of democracy?

This is not a good day

--------------------

Hail Santa...

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 31, 2007 07:19     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought this was a good article on the subject: http://www.economist.com/daily/news/displaystory.cfm?story_id=10415540

Great magazine by the way.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted January 02, 2008 14:54     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hex:

By their fundamentalist leaders or by the actions of the West? Or maybe both?!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan